W K Hofmann
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- High correlation of the proteome patterns in bone marrow and peripheral blood blast cells in patients with acute myeloid leukemiaGero Hütter
Department of Internal Medicine III Hematology, Onkology, Charité Berlin Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
J Transl Med 7:7. 2009..However, it remains to be determined, whether this correlation also exists on the level of protein expression...
- Myelodysplastic syndromeWolf K Hofmann
Department of Hematology and Oncology and Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Annu Rev Med 56:1-16. 2005..Innovative uses of immunomodulatory agents and the optimizing of cytotoxic treatment should continue to help in the treatment of MDS...
- Comparative analysis of hypermethylation of cell cycle control and DNA-mismatch repair genes in low-density and CD34+ bone marrow cells from patients with myelodysplastic syndromeW K Hofmann
Department of Hematology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Leuk Res 30:1347-53. 2006..These results indicate that hypermethylation of cell cycle control genes in MDS may occur late during the differentiation of myelodysplastic stem cells...
- Therapeutic spectrum in the treatment of myelodysplastic syndromesWolf K Hofmann
Charité University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Department of Hematology and Oncology and Transfusion Medicine, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin, Germany
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:2451-8. 2004..Furthermore, the innovative use of immunomodulatory agents and the optimising of cytotoxic treatment should continue to help in the treatment of MDS...
- Combined automated cell and flow cytometric analysis enables recognition of persistent polyclonal B-cell lymphocytosis (PPBL), a study of 25 patientsM Schmidt-Hieber
Medizinische Klinik III, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200, Berlin, Germany
Ann Hematol 87:829-36. 2008..The observation of malignant lymphoma in a single patient implicates that evolution into a clonal malignant transformation may occasionally occur in PPBL...
- Myelodysplastic syndromes: molecular pathogenesis and genomic changesFlorian Nolte
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Charite, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203, Berlin, Germany
Ann Hematol 87:777-95. 2008..Secondary signal proteins and transcription factors, which gives the cell a growth advantage over its normal counterpart, may be affected as well. The accumulation of such defects may finally cause the leukemic transformation of MDS...
- BAALC-associated gene expression profiles define IGFBP7 as a novel molecular marker in acute leukemiaS Heesch
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Medizinische Klinik III, Berlin, Germany
Leukemia 24:1429-36. 2010..In contrast to BAALC, which likely represents only a surrogate marker of treatment failure in acute leukemia, IGFBP7 regulates the proliferation of leukemic cells and might be involved in chemotherapy resistance...
- Genome-wide screen reveals WNT11, a non-canonical WNT gene, as a direct target of ETS transcription factor ERGL H Mochmann
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Oncogene 30:2044-56. 2011..The findings in this study unravel new ERG-directed molecular signals that may contribute to the resistance of current therapies in acute leukemia patients with poor prognosis characterized by high ERG mRNA expression...
- Transcriptional profiling of human hematopoiesis during in vitro lineage-specific differentiationMartina Komor
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin, Germany
Stem Cells 23:1154-69. 2005..The expression of selected genes was confirmed by real-time polymerase chain reaction. Our data encompass the first extensive transcriptional profile of human hematopoiesis during in vitro lineage-specific differentiation...
- Transcription profiling of C/EBP targets identifies Per2 as a gene implicated in myeloid leukemiaSigal Gery
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Davis Bldg 5066, 8700 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Blood 106:2827-36. 2005..These results suggest that Per2 is a downstream C/EBPalpha-target gene involved in AML, and its disruption might be involved in initiation and/or progression of AML...
- C/EBPdelta expression in a BCR-ABL-positive cell line induces growth arrest and myeloid differentiationSigal Gery
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Oncogene 24:1589-97. 2005....
- Detection of aberrant gene expression in CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells from patients with agnogenic myeloid metaplasia using oligonucleotide microarraysLetetia C Jones
Division of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, 513 Parnassus Ave S864, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Stem Cells 23:631-7. 2005..Our results indicate that a subset of genes may be used to differentiate patients with AMM from healthy individuals. Furthermore, we identify 95 genes whose aberrant expression may be involved in AMM...
- Characterization of gene expression of CD34+ cells from normal and myelodysplastic bone marrowWolf K Hofmann
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Blood 100:3553-60. 2002..Furthermore, this study provides evidence that in MDS, hematopoietic stem cells accumulate defects that prevent normal hematopoiesis...
- Ph(+) acute lymphoblastic leukemia resistant to the tyrosine kinase inhibitor STI571 has a unique BCR-ABL gene mutationWolf K Hofmann
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Research Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Blood 99:1860-2. 2002..Glu255Lys is within the motif important for forming the pocket of the ATP-binding site in ABL and it is highly conserved across species. In conclusion, Ph(+) ALL samples resistant to STI571 have a unique mutation Glu255Lys of BCR-ABL...
- Expression of C/EBPbeta from the C/ebpalpha gene locus is sufficient for normal hematopoiesis in vivoLetetia C Jones
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, 8700 Beverly Blvd, Rm 109, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Blood 99:2032-6. 2002..These results imply that C/EBPbeta can substitute for C/EBPalpha during hematopoiesis when expressed from the C/ebpalpha gene locus...
- C/EBP-beta, C/EBP-delta, PU.1, AML1 genes: mutational analysis in 381 samples of hematopoietic and solid malignanciesVijaya Vegesna
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Cedars-Sinai Research Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Leuk Res 26:451-7. 2002..The C/EBP-delta alteration in Raji was a missense mutation (A177G). These findings suggest that mutations of the C/EBP-beta, C/EBP-delta, PU.1, and AML1 rarely contribute to the development of hematopoietic or solid cancers...
- Differentiation therapy for myelodysplastic syndromeWolf-K Hofmann
Clin Cancer Res 8:939-41. 2002
- RTP801 is a novel retinoic acid-responsive gene associated with myeloid differentiationSigal Gery
Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Exp Hematol 35:572-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to identify and characterize retinoic acid (RA) target genes...
- RARbeta2 is a candidate tumor suppressor gene in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaLetetia C Jones
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Oncogene 23:7846-53. 2004..Our results suggest that RARbeta2 acts as a tumor suppressor gene in MMM and that epigenetic changes are the most significant determinants of RARbeta2 gene activity in these patients...
- Altered apoptosis pathways in mantle cell lymphomaMathias J Rummel
Departament of Hematology, University Hospital, Frankfurt/Main, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 45:49-54. 2004....
- Mechanisms of resistance to STI571 (Imatinib) in Philadelphia-chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemiaWolf K Hofmann
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 45:655-60. 2004..This may result in the proliferation of Ph + leukemic cells even in the presence of STI571...
- Disruption of LTBP-4 function reduces TGF-beta activation and enhances BMP-4 signaling in the lungKatri Koli
Department of Virology, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Hospital, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Cell Biol 167:123-33. 2004..Treatment with active TGF-beta1 rescued BMP-4 and gremlin expression to wild-type levels. Our results indicate that the lack of LTBP-4-mediated targeting and activation of TGF-beta1 leads to enhanced BMP-4 signaling in mouse lung...
- Mutations in the gene encoding the transcription factor CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha in myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemiasAdrian F Gombart
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Burns and Allen Research Institute, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, 90048, USA
Blood 99:1332-40. 2002..These results suggest that mutation of C/EBPalpha is involved in specific subtypes of AML and in MDS, but may occur rarely in other types of leukemias or nonhematologic malignancies...