Affiliation: Humboldt University
- [Distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy and en bloc resection of the celiac trunk for locally advanced cancer of the pancreatic body with infiltration of the celiac trunk]Andreas Andreou
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Visceral und Transplantationschirurgie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 105:227-31. 2010..Distal pancreatectomy with resection of the celiac trunk was described as a new concept for the curative treatment of these tumors...
- Diabetes mellitus is no independent risk factor for perioperative mortality following hepatic resectionO Guckelberger
Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Berlin, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 114:257-61. 2006....
- Coronary event rates in liver transplant recipients reflect the increased prevalence of cardiovascular risk-factorsOlaf Guckelberger
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Transpl Int 18:967-74. 2005..11, 95% CI: 0.53-2.03), nine events were predicted for the transplant population and oppose 10 events observed. Thus, indicating a reflection of increased cardiovascular risk-profiles in corresponding numbers of cardiovascular events...
- Long-term medical comorbidities and their management: hypertension/cardiovascular diseaseOlaf Guckelberger
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Liver Transpl 15:S75-8. 2009..8. Therapeutic lifestyle changes should be encouraged. 9. Escalating pharmacological treatment with respect to renal function is recommended. 10. Alterations of immunosuppression should be considered...
- Validation of cardiovascular risk scores in a liver transplant populationOlaf Guckelberger
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charité Campus Vichow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Liver Transpl 12:394-401. 2006..Furthermore, calibrated PROCAM risk estimates are required to calculate the number of patients needed to treat in the setup of prospective intervention trials...
- Hepatic resection in liver transplant recipients: single center experience and review of the literatureOlaf Guckelberger
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany olaf
Am J Transplant 5:2403-9. 2005..In conclusion, partial graft hepatectomy can be considered a safe and beneficial procedure in selected liver transplant recipients with anatomical limited biliary injury, thereby, preserving scarce donor organs...
- Evolving experience with prevention and treatment of splenic artery syndrome after orthotopic liver transplantationMartina T Mogl
Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Transpl Int 23:831-41. 2010..Post-transplant coil-embolization of the splenic artery corrected hemodynamic changes of SAS, but was associated with a significant morbidity...
- Long-term outcome of liver transplants for chronic hepatitis C: a 10-year follow-upUlf P Neumann
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral, und Transplantationschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Transplantation 77:226-31. 2004..However, there are still no clear predictors for severe recurrence. The aim of this study was to examine the 10-year outcome and risk factors for graft failure caused by HCV recurrence...
- Biliary reconstruction using a side-to-side choledochocholedochostomy with or without T-tube in deceased donor liver transplantation: a prospective randomized trialSascha Weiss
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite, Campus Virchow Clinical Center, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Ann Surg 250:766-71. 2009..The optimal method of reconstruction remains controversial. The aim of the study was to assess biliary complications after liver transplantation using a choledochocholedochostomy with or without a temporary T-tube...
- Magnetic resonance enteroclysis in patients with Crohn's disease: fat saturated T2-weighted sequences for evaluation of inflammatory activityChristian Grieser
Klinik für Radiologie, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Crohns Colitis 6:294-301. 2012..To evaluate fat saturated (fs) T2-weighted (w) fast relaxation fast spin echo (FRFSE)-sequences compared to the standard protocol with contrast agent for the evaluation of inflammatory activity in patients with Crohn's Disease (CD)...
- Impact of human leukocyte antigen matching in liver transplantationUlf P Neumann
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Transplantation 75:132-7. 2003....
- [Clinical results of intestinal and multivisceral transplantation at the Charité, Berlin. A case series]A Pascher
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:387-92. 2005..Long-term survival after ITx has been improved significantly during the last years. The experience with ITx at the Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, are described and discussed...
- Incidence, risk factors and management of incisional hernia in a high volume liver transplant centerPanagiotis Fikatas
General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Transplant 18:223-30. 2013..Incisional hernia after liver transplantation is a common complication with an incidence between 5% and 34%. This prospective study analyzed risk factors, surgical management and long-term results after hernia repair...
- Withdrawal of steroids: a randomized prospective study of prednisone and tacrolimus versus mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus in liver transplant recipients with autoimmune hepatitisG Junge
Klinik f Allgemein, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Charité Berlin Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Transplant Proc 37:1695-6. 2005..Patients without steroids showed a lower incidence of osteopenia. Maintenance therapy in OLT patients with AIH may be performed safely using MMF instead of prednisone...
- Cyclosporine-based quadruple induction therapy versus tacrolimus-based dual immunosuppression after liver transplantation: ten-year follow-upS Jonas
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Transplant Proc 34:1504-6. 2002
- Beneficial effects of CD39/ecto-nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase-1 in murine intestinal ischemia-reperfusion injuryOlaf Guckelberger
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Thromb Haemost 91:576-86. 2004..The potential of NTPDases to maintain vascular integrity suggests potential pharmacological benefit of these agents in mesenteric ischemic injury...
- Validation and refinement of survival models for liver retransplantationHugo R Rosen
Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Portland VAMC and Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97207, USA
Hepatology 38:460-9. 2003..In conclusion, prospective validation and use of these models as adjuncts to clinical decision making in the management of patients being considered for re-OLT are warranted...
- Quality control of the European Liver Transplant Registry: results of audit visits to the contributing centersVincent Karam
Centre Hepatobiliaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France vincent
Transplantation 75:2167-73. 2003..The number of registries is increasing, but few of them perform reliability audits by comparing the data contained in the database with data contained in hospital charts...