Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Inhibition of vascular calcification by block of intermediate conductance calcium-activated potassium channels with TRAM-34Christian Freise
Department of Pediatric Nephrology and Center for Cardiovascular Research, Charite University Medicine, Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany Electronic address
Pharmacol Res 85:6-14. 2014..We conclude that the results provide a rationale for further studies regarding a possible therapeutic role of KCa3.1 inhibition by TRAM-34 or other inhibitors in vascular calcification. ..
- The inhibitor of Ca(2+)-dependent K+ channels TRAM-34 blocks growth of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via downregulation of estrogen receptor alpha mRNA and nuclear factor-kappaBChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin, Germany
Invest New Drugs 31:452-7. 2013..Therefore, TRAM-34 might represent a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of HCC...
- (+)-Episesamin inhibits adipogenesis and exerts anti-inflammatory effects in 3T3-L1 (pre)adipocytes by sustained Wnt signaling, down-regulation of PPARγ and induction of iNOSChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Nutr Biochem 24:550-5. 2013..In conclusion, (+)-episesamin seems to be the active drug in the L. obtusiloba extract being responsible for the inhibition of adipogenesis and, thus, should be evaluated as a novel potential complementary treatment for obesity...
- A hepatoprotective Lindera obtusiloba extract suppresses growth and attenuates insulin like growth factor-1 receptor signaling and NF-kappaB activity in human liver cancer cell linesChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin, Germany
BMC Complement Altern Med 11:39. 2011..obtusiloba extract in hepatic stellate cells. Thus, we here consequently examine anti-neoplastic effects of L.obtusiloba extract on human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cell lines and the signaling pathways involved...
- An active extract of Lindera obtusiloba inhibits adipogenesis via sustained Wnt signaling and exerts anti-inflammatory effects in the 3T3-L1 preadipocytesChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Nutr Biochem 21:1170-7. 2010..In conclusion, extracts of L. obtusiloba should be evaluated as a potential complementary treatment option for obesity associated with the metabolic syndrome...
- The alpha 2 chain of collagen type VI sequesters latent proforms of matrix-metalloproteinases and modulates their activation and activityChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Matrix Biol 28:480-9. 2009..Therefore, CVI and especially its alpha2(VI) chain might serve as a lead structure for MMP-based therapeutics which modulates the action of these matrix components, e.g. in fibrosis and cancer...
- (+)-Episesamin exerts anti-neoplastic effects in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines via suppression of nuclear factor-kappa B and inhibition of MMP-9Christian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203, Berlin, Germany
Invest New Drugs 30:2087-95. 2012..We conclude that (+)-episesamin has the potential to be further explored as a complementary treatment for HCC...
- K(+) -channel inhibition reduces portal perfusion pressure in fibrotic rats and fibrosis associated characteristics of hepatic stellate cellsChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Liver Int 35:1244-52. 2015..1 expression and their role in HSC exists. Aim was to quantify the KCa3.1 expression in HSC depending on HSC activation and investigation of antifibrotic properties of the specific KCa3.1 inhibitor TRAM-34 in vitro and in vivo...
- Hydroxyproline-containing collagen analogs trigger the release and activation of collagen-sequestered proMMP-2 by competition with prodomain-derived peptide P33-42Martin Ruehl
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
Fibrogenesis Tissue Repair 4:1. 2011..abstract:..
- Extracts of Lindera obtusiloba induce antifibrotic effects in hepatic stellate cells via suppression of a TGF-beta-mediated profibrotic gene expression patternMartin Ruehl
Department of Gastroenterology, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Nutr Biochem 20:597-606. 2009..obtusiloba extract might be mediated by antioxidant activity. Thus, L. obtusiloba, traditionally used in Oriental medicine, may complement treatment of chronic liver disease...
- Wideband MRE and static mechanical indentation of human liver specimen: sensitivity of viscoelastic constants to the alteration of tissue structure in hepatic fibrosisRolf Reiter
Department of Radiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Biomech 47:1665-74. 2014..Our results suggest that, in addition to the amount of connective tissue, subtle structural changes of the viscoelastic matrix determine the sensitivity of mechanical tissue properties to hepatic fibrosis. ..
- The elongated first fibronectin type III domain of collagen XIV is an inducer of quiescence and differentiation in fibroblasts and preadipocytesMartin Ruehl
Department of Gastroenterology, Charite Campus, Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:38537-43. 2005..Based on these finding the development of small molecular analogs that modulate fibroblast cell growth and differentiation, e.g. in wound healing and fibrosis, seems feasible...