Affiliation: Humboldt University
- [Evaluation of the effectiveness of psychosomatic in-patient treatment on the basis of subjective and objective criteria]Herbert Fliege
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Psychosomatik, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 52:63-80. 2006..Associations between subjective and objective criteria were investigated...
- Frequency of ICD-10 factitious disorder: survey of senior hospital consultants and physicians in private practiceHerbert Fliege
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Luisenstrasse 13 a, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Psychosomatics 48:60-4. 2007..Frequency estimations did not differ by information level. The estimated frequency is substantial and comparable to earlier findings. Authors discuss clinical implications...
- [Subjective theories on luck and quality of life--results of explorative interviews with 65- to 74-year-old probands]H Fliege
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Psychosomatik Charité, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Z Gerontol Geriatr 33:307-13. 2000..According to that, subjective representations of "happiness" and "QOL" vary markedly...
- Three assessment tools for deliberate self-harm and suicide behavior: evaluation and psychopathological correlatesHerbert Fliege
Division of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Center for Internal Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
J Psychosom Res 61:113-21. 2006....
- The Perceived Stress Questionnaire (PSQ) reconsidered: validation and reference values from different clinical and healthy adult samplesHerbert Fliege
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Luisenstrasse 13 a, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Psychosom Med 67:78-88. 2005..The aim was to translate, revise, and standardize the Perceived Stress Questionnaire (PSQ) by Levenstein et al. (1993) in German. The instrument assesses subjectively experienced stress independent of a specific and objective occasion...
- [Disturbed regulation of self-esteem in patients with overt versus covert self-destructive behaviour]Herbert Fliege
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Psychosomatik, Charite, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Luisenstrasse 13 a, D 10117 Berlin
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 49:151-63. 2003....
- Development of a computer-adaptive test for depression (D-CAT)Herbert Fliege
Clinic for Internal Medicine, Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Qual Life Res 14:2277-91. 2005..95), with the Beck Depression Inventory (r = 0.79) and with a CES-D 8 item short form (r = 0.76). We conclude that the Depression-CAT measures depressive symptoms with high precision and low respondent burden...
- Evaluation of a computer-adaptive test for the assessment of depression (D-CAT) in clinical applicationHerbert Fliege
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 18:23-36. 2009..Discriminative power was comparable to other depression measures, whereby the CAT is shorter and more precise. Item usage raises questions of balancing the item selection for content in the future...
- Factitious disorders and pathological self-harm in a hospital population: an interdisciplinary challengeHerbert Fliege
Division of Internal Medicine, Psychosomatics, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 24:164-71. 2002..8% each) and surgical intensive care (2.4%). The occurrence of pathological self-destructive phenomena is underrated when using only the ICD-criteria. The rate is influenced by diagnostic attention...
- [Predicting long-term outcome of in-patient psychosomatic treatment]Herbert Fliege
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Psychosomatik, Charite, Humboldt Universitat, Berlin
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 52:47-55. 2002..Pessimism and - to a lesser degree - self-efficacy prove to significantly predict numerous outcome criteria. Generalised expectancies should be considered in the process of prognosis and differential indication...
- Risk factors and correlates of deliberate self-harm behavior: a systematic reviewHerbert Fliege
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
J Psychosom Res 66:477-93. 2009..Empirical studies of sociodemographic and psychological correlates and risk factors are systematically reviewed...
- Axis I comorbidity and psychopathologic correlates of autodestructive syndromesHerbert Fliege
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Compr Psychiatry 50:327-34. 2009..Aims are to determine Axis I diagnoses and psychopathologic correlates of open self-harmers and patients diagnosed with factitious disorders...
- Psychosocial stress of living donors after living donor liver transplantationM Walter
Clinic for Internal Medicine-Psychosomatics-Psychotherapy, , , Humboldt-University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Transplant Proc 34:3291-2. 2002
- Patients with haematological malignancies show a restricted body image focusing on function and emotionC S Weber
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 14:155-65. 2005..The emotional constructs reflect the existential impact. The data give a clear indication for the need for early psychosocial support which should aim at stabilizing the psychological and bodily integrity of the patient...
- Correlation between immune and neuronal parameters and stress perception in allergic asthmaticsR A Joachim
Department of Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, Charité Center for Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Charite Universitaetsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 38:283-90. 2008..By inducing a pro-inflammatory cytokine milieu, stress might enhance airway inflammation in bronchial asthma. We therefore investigated the correlation of stress perception and the cytokine profile of circulating lymphocytes in humans...
- Development and factorial validation of a short version of the narcissism inventory (NI-20)I Daig
Institute of Medical Psychology, Charite University Medical Center, Berlin, Germany
Psychopathology 43:150-8. 2010..This article reports the development and factorial validation of a short version of a narcissism inventory...
- Autodestructive syndromesRüya Daniela Kocalevent
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Psychosomatik, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Deutschland
Psychother Psychosom 74:202-11. 2005..Starting out with a conceptual overview, the paper goes on to look into the epidemiology of autodestructive behaviour and the forms in which it manifests itself...
- T-cell immune parameters and depression in patients with Crohn's diseaseMatthias Rose
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Charite, Campus Virchow Humboldt University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Gastroenterol 34:40-8. 2002....
- The network of psychological variables in patients with diabetes and their importance for quality of life and metabolic controlMatthias Rose
Medical Clinic and Policlinic Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Charite Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Diabetes Care 25:35-42. 2002..We examined whether a mathematical model can be construed that can depict the relative significance of each factor for achieving these treatment goals...
- DPP IV, immune parameters, and psychometrical variables in patients with eating disordersHerbert Fliege
Department of Internal Medicine/Psychosomatics University Hospital Charit, Humboldt University Berlin, Luisenstrasse 13 a, D-10117 Berlin, Germany
Adv Exp Med Biol 524:313-20. 2003
- DPP IV and mental depression in Crohn's diseaseMatthias Rose
Department of Internal Medicine, Charit, Humboldt University, Luisenstrasse 13a, Berlin, Germany
Adv Exp Med Biol 524:321-31. 2003
- Contribution to the construct validity of the Perceived Stress Questionnaire from a population-based surveyRüya Daniela Kocalevent
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Charité Berlin University, Berlin, Germany
J Psychosom Res 63:71-81. 2007..This study aimed to investigate the construct validity of the Perceived Stress Questionnaire (PSQ) in the context of a transactional view of stress...
- Determinants of the quality of life of patients with congenital heart diseaseMatthias Rose
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Medical Clinic and Policlinic, Charite Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Qual Life Res 14:35-43. 2005..Using patients with congenital heart defects as an example, we examined the relative significance of biological factors, compared to psychological and social factors, for the various quality of life dimensions...
- Development and evaluation of a computer adaptive test for 'Anxiety' (Anxiety-CAT)Otto B Walter
Psychological Institute IV, Statistics and Quantitative Methods, University of Munster, Fliednerstr 21, 48149 Munster, Germany
Qual Life Res 16:143-55. 2007..These results suggest that the Anxiety-CAT does indeed exhibit the advantages expected from theory, but the results of further studies are needed in order to judge its full potential for research and clinical practice...
- [Personality and donor-recipient relationships of potential donors before living donor liver transplantation--diagnostics with the repertory-grid technique]Marc Walter
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Charite Campus Mitte, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 53:275-80. 2003..In highly motivated donors we expected a positive description of the recipient and a similarity in the characterisation of the donor and recipient...
- [Standardized diagnosing: computer-assisted (CIDI) diagnoses compared to clinically-judged diagnoses in a psychosomatic setting]Janine Becker
Quality Metric Incorporated, 235 Wyman Street, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 56:5-14. 2006..The purpose of this study was to investigate the congruence between clinically-derived and standardized computerized diagnoses using the Composite International Diagnostic Interview (CIDI) in a psychosomatic setting...