Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Langer S, Kreutz R, Eisenreich A. Metformin modulates apoptosis and cell signaling of human podocytes under high glucose conditions. J Nephrol. 2016;29:765-773 pubmed..In summary, metformin exhibits an anti-apoptotic impact on podocytes under high-glucose conditions via activation of AMPK and inhibition of mTOR signaling. These data support a beneficial effect of metformin in diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Eisenreich A, Bolbrinker J, Leppert U. Tissue Factor: A Conventional or Alternative Target in Cancer Therapy. Clin Chem. 2016;62:563-70 pubmed publisher..e., in thrombogenicity and angiogenesis, which is mediated by isoform-specific signal transduction pathways. Therefore, both TF isoforms and downstream signaling are promising novel therapeutic targets in malignant diseases. ..
- Eisenreich A, Malz R, Pepke W, Ayral Y, Poller W, Schultheiss H, et al. Role of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/protein kinase B pathway in regulating alternative splicing of tissue factor mRNA in human endothelial cells. Circ J. 2009;73:1746-52 pubmed..Additionally, overexpression of SF2/ASF and SRp75 influenced the differential TF-isoform expression in HUVECs. The PI3K/Akt pathway modulates alternative splicing of TF in HUVECs, distinct from transcriptional regulation. ..
- Eisenreich A, Zakrzewicz A, Huber K, Thierbach H, Pepke W, Goldin Lang P, et al. Regulation of pro-angiogenic tissue factor expression in hypoxia-induced human lung cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:462-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that the pro-angiogenic potential of A549 lung cancer cells is modulated under hypoxic conditions via modulation of TF isoform expression which in turn is controlled by alternative splicing. ..
- Leppert U, Gillespie A, Orphal M, Böhme K, Plum C, Nagorsen K, et al. The impact of ?-Lipoic acid on cell viability and expression of nephrin and ZNF580 in normal human podocytes. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;810:1-8 pubmed publisher..These data provide first novel information about potential cytotoxic effects of ?-LA on hPC under non-diabetic conditions. ..