Alexander J Eckardt
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Viral gastroenteritis in adultsAlexander J Eckardt
Deutsche Klinik fur Diagnostik, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, D 65191 Wiesbaden, Germany
Recent Pat Antiinfect Drug Discov 6:54-63. 2011..Special emphasis is put on current and future vaccines...
- Open access colonoscopy in the training setting: which factors affect patient satisfaction and pain?A J Eckardt
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, UMass Memorial Medical Center, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
Endoscopy 40:98-105. 2008..We aimed to analyze how these factors influenced patient satisfaction and pain in an outpatient training setting...
- Antireflux 'barriers': problems with patient recruitment for a new endoscopic antireflux procedureAlexander J Eckardt
Central Interdisciplinary Endoscopy Unit, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Charité University Hospitals Berlin, Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1110-8. 2009..As a result, subsequent methods may meet 'skepticism' by physicians and patients...
- Does trainee participation during colonoscopy affect adenoma detection rates?Alexander J Eckardt
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Central Interdisciplinary Endoscopy Unit, Charité University Hospitals Berlin, Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Dis Colon Rectum 52:1337-44. 2009..Training future endoscopists is essential to meeting the increasing demands for colonoscopy. It remains unknown whether adenoma detection rates are adversely affected by trainee participation...
- Endoscopic diagnosis and removal of Ascaris lumbricoides during colonoscopy for polyp surveillance (with video)Alexander J Eckardt
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, UMass Memorial Medical Center, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 63:708-9, discussion 709. 2006
- Endosonographic large-bore biopsy of gastric subepithelial tumors: a prospective multicenter studyAlexander J Eckardt
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, German Clinic for Diagnostics, Wiesbaden, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:1135-44. 2012..Previous studies have shown insufficient accuracy of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)-guided fine-needle aspiration (FNA) using cytologic analysis...
- Does scant hematochezia necessitate the performance of total colonoscopy?V F Eckardt
Deutsche Klinik fur Diagnostik, Wiesbaden, Germany
Endoscopy 34:599-603. 2002..This study compares the prevalence of colonic neoplasms in patients reporting scant hematochezia with the prevalence in controls...