F C Dimeo
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Effects of an endurance and resistance exercise program on persistent cancer-related fatigue after treatmentF Dimeo
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Transfusion Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Oncol 19:1495-9. 2008..However, there is a lack of information about the effects of this intervention on persistent cancer-related fatigue. Therefore, we assessed the effects of an exercise program on cancer-related fatigue after treatment...
- Endurance exercise and the production of growth hormone and haematopoietic factors in patients with anaemiaF Dimeo
Department of Haematology, Oncology and Transfusion Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Br J Sports Med 38:e37. 2004..Physical activity has been shown to stimulate haematopoiesis in patients with anaemia due to chronic renal failure or haematological malignancies...
- Abdominal pain in long distance runners: case report and analysis of the literatureF C Dimeo
Department of Haemotology, Oncology and Transfusion Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm, Berlin, Germany
Br J Sports Med 38:E24. 2004..There was evidence of chronic cholecystitis on histopathological examination. Two years after the operation, he remains free of symptoms. The differential diagnosis of abdominal pain in athletes is discussed...
- Effect of aerobic exercise and relaxation training on fatigue and physical performance of cancer patients after surgery. A randomised controlled trialFernando C Dimeo
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Transfusion Medicine, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Support Care Cancer 12:774-9. 2004..However, exercise is not better than progressive relaxation training for the treatment of fatigue in this setting...
- Stem cell mobilization in multiple myeloma patients: do we need an age-adjusted regimen for the elderly?T Fietz
J Clin Apher 19:202-7. 2004..Improvements in timing of leukapheresis, growth factor application, and mobilizing chemotherapy regimen as well as the use of alternative cytokines should be investigated for both age groups...
- Beta-blockers do not impair the cardiovascular benefits of endurance training in hypertensivesT H Westhoff
Medizinische Klinik IV Nephrology, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
J Hum Hypertens 21:486-93. 2007..In the present study, target training heart rate with beta-blockers is about 18% lower than without...
- Effects of exercise on cancer-related fatigueF C Dimeo
Institute of Sports Medicine, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitaet Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cancer 92:1689-93. 2001..In this article, actual evidence of the relationship between fatigue and impairment of physical performance in cancer patients and suggestions for new directions for research are discussed...
- Physical performance, depression, immune status and fatigue in patients with hematological malignancies after treatmentF Dimeo
Institute of Sports Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Oncol 15:1237-42. 2004..However, there is no conclusive evidence regarding the role of the immune system in the origin of fatigue in cancer patients...
- A randomised, controlled study on the effects of a short-term endurance training programme in patients with major depressionK Knubben
Section of Sports Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Br J Sports Med 41:29-33. 2007..To evaluate the short-term effects of exercise in patients with major depression...
- Benefits from aerobic exercise in patients with major depression: a pilot studyF Dimeo
Department of Sports Medicine, Freie Universitaet, Berlin, Germany
Br J Sports Med 35:114-7. 2001..Several reports indicate that physical activity can reduce the severity of symptoms in depressed patients. Some data suggest that even a single exercise bout may result in a substantial mood improvement...
- Resistive simulated weightbearing exercise with whole body vibration reduces lumbar spine deconditioning in bed-restDaniel L Belavy
Zentrum für Muskel und Knochenforschung, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm, Berlin, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:E121-31. 2008..Randomized controlled trial...