A U Dignass
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Postprandial abdominal pain, megaloblastic anaemia, and severe weight loss in an 80 year old manA U Dignass
, Medizinische Klinik m S Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Gut 54:418, 436. 2005
- [Management of perianal fistulizing Crohn's disease: a conservative approach]A U Dignass
Medizinische Klinik m. S. Hepatologie, Gastroenterologie, Endokrinologie und Stoffwechselerkrankungen,
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:1968. 2005
- Mechanisms and modulation of intestinal epithelial repairA U Dignass
Department of Medicine, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Inflamm Bowel Dis 7:68-77. 2001..Enhancement of intestinal repair mechanisms by regulatory peptides or other modulatory factors may provide future approaches for the treatment of diseases that are characterized by injuries of the epithelial surface...
- Peptide growth factors in the intestineA U Dignass
Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:763-70. 2001..It focuses mainly on classical growth factors rather than interleukins and interferons...
- Functional relevance of activin A in the intestinal epitheliumA U Dignass
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charite Medical School, Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:936-43. 2002..The aim of this study was to characterize the effects of activin A on intestinal epithelial cell function and to evaluate a potential role in intestinal epithelial wound repair and inflammation...
- Review article: the aetiopathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease--immunology and repair mechanismsA U Dignass
Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charité Medical School Virchow Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:9-17. 2004..A better understanding of and enhancement of intestinal repair mechanisms may thus provide future approaches for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease...
- Corticosteroids impair intestinal epithelial wound repair mechanisms in vitroS Jung
Dept. of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, , Berlin, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:963-70. 2001..Thus, impaired intestinal epithelial wound healing under corticosteroid therapy in vivo may be caused by inhibition of intestinal epithelial cell restitution and proliferation...
- Patients with active inflammatory bowel disease lack immature peripheral blood plasmacytoid and myeloid dendritic cellsD C Baumgart
Charité Medical Centre Virchow Hospital, Medical School of the Humboldt University, Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, D 13344 Berlin, Germany
Gut 54:228-36. 2005..Dendritic cells (DC) have been implicated in this process in various animal models, but data on human DC in IBD are very limited...
- Adenine nucleotides modulate epithelial wound healing in vitroA U Dignass
Department of Medicine, University of Essen, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 28:554-61. 1998..The mechanism of adenine nucleotide action have not been elucidated. The aim of this study was to characterize the effects of adenine nucleotides on intestinal epithelial wound healing in vitro...
- [Biologic therapy of inflammatory bowel disease]D C Baumgart
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, Interdisziplinäres Stoffwechselzentrum, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Z Gastroenterol 41:1017-32. 2003..Based on the data discussed, it seems that biologicals will play an important role in managing inflammatory bowel disease in the near future...
- [Mucosal dendritic cells: reaching out for the unknown (antigen)]D C Baumgart
, Campus Virchow-Klinikum, , Germany
Z Gastroenterol 40:375-7. 2002
- Rescue therapy with tacrolimus is effective in patients with severe and refractory inflammatory bowel diseaseD C Baumgart
, Medical School of the Humboldt University of Berlin, Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Berlin, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:1273-81. 2003..7%), tremor or paraesthesias (n = 3, 9.7%), hyperkalaemia (n = 1, 3.2%), hypertension (n = 1, 3.2%) and an opportunistic infection (n = 1, 3.2%). CONCLUSION: Oral tacrolimus is safe and effective in refractory inflammatory bowel disease...
- Clinical relevance of transabdominal ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging in patients with inflammatory bowel disease of the terminal ileum and large bowelM Pascu
Department of Medicine, , Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:373-82. 2004..CONCLUSION: This study provides strong evidence that US should be considered as a first-choice method for follow-up of patients with IBD of the terminal ileum and large bowel...
- Complication of Waldenstroem's macroglobulinaemia following ERCPM Pascu
, Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Augustenburger Platz 1, D-13353 Berlin, Germany
Gut 53:1793; quiz answer 1812. 2004
- Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917 ameliorates experimental colitis via toll-like receptor 2- and toll-like receptor 4-dependent pathwaysA Grabig
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Clinic, Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Augustenburger Platz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Infect Immun 74:4075-82. 2006..In conclusion, our data provide evidence that E. coli Nissle 1917 ameliorates experimental induced colitis in mice via TLR-2- and TLR-4-dependent pathways...
- Review on the influence of stress on immune mediators, neuropeptides and hormones with relevance for inflammatory bowel diseaseJ H Niess
Biomedizinisches Forschungszentrum, Campus Virchow-Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Digestion 65:131-40. 2002..e. neurotransmitters, hormones and immune cells, which are involved in the response to stress on the one hand, and contribute to the onset, progression or relapses of IBD on the other...
- [Ulcerative colitis. Chronic active course]A U Dignass
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, Charit, , Campus Virchow-Klinikum, Berlin
Z Gastroenterol 42:1006-10. 2004
- Genetic factors determine extent of bone loss in inflammatory bowel diseaseC M Schulte
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Essen, Germany
Gastroenterology 119:909-20. 2000..The aim of this study was to identify genetic risk factors for rapid bone loss in IBD patients as a model of disease- and inflammation-associated bone loss...
- Uneventful pregnancy and neonatal outcome with tacrolimus in refractory ulcerative colitisD C Baumgart
Gut 54:1822-3. 2005
- Shingles following infliximab infusionD C Baumgart
Ann Rheum Dis 61:661. 2002