A U Dignass
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Postprandial abdominal pain, megaloblastic anaemia, and severe weight loss in an 80 year old manA U Dignass
Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin Campus Virchow, Medizinische Klinik m S Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Gut 54:418, 436. 2005
- [Management of perianal fistulizing Crohn's disease: a conservative approach]A U Dignass
Medizinische Klinik m S Hepatologie, Gastroenterologie, Endokrinologie und Stoffwechselerkrankungen, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin Campus Virchow
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:1968. 2005
- Mechanisms and modulation of intestinal epithelial repairA U Dignass
Department of Medicine, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Inflamm Bowel Dis 7:68-77. 2001..Enhancement of intestinal repair mechanisms by regulatory peptides or other modulatory factors may provide future approaches for the treatment of diseases that are characterized by injuries of the epithelial surface...
- Peptide growth factors in the intestineA U Dignass
Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:763-70. 2001..It focuses mainly on classical growth factors rather than interleukins and interferons...
- Functional relevance of activin A in the intestinal epitheliumA U Dignass
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charite Medical School, Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:936-43. 2002..The aim of this study was to characterize the effects of activin A on intestinal epithelial cell function and to evaluate a potential role in intestinal epithelial wound repair and inflammation...
- Review article: the aetiopathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease--immunology and repair mechanismsA U Dignass
Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charité Medical School Virchow Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:9-17. 2004..A better understanding of and enhancement of intestinal repair mechanisms may thus provide future approaches for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease...
- Corticosteroids impair intestinal epithelial wound repair mechanisms in vitroS Jung
Dept. of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, , Berlin, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:963-70. 2001..Thus, impaired intestinal epithelial wound healing under corticosteroid therapy in vivo may be caused by inhibition of intestinal epithelial cell restitution and proliferation...
- Patients with active inflammatory bowel disease lack immature peripheral blood plasmacytoid and myeloid dendritic cellsD C Baumgart
Charité Medical Centre Virchow Hospital, Medical School of the Humboldt University, Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, D 13344 Berlin, Germany
Gut 54:228-36. 2005..Dendritic cells (DC) have been implicated in this process in various animal models, but data on human DC in IBD are very limited...
- Adenine nucleotides modulate epithelial wound healing in vitroA U Dignass
Department of Medicine, University of Essen, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 28:554-61. 1998..The mechanism of adenine nucleotide action have not been elucidated. The aim of this study was to characterize the effects of adenine nucleotides on intestinal epithelial wound healing in vitro...
- [Biologic therapy of inflammatory bowel disease]D C Baumgart
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, Interdisziplinäres Stoffwechselzentrum, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Z Gastroenterol 41:1017-32. 2003..Based on the data discussed, it seems that biologicals will play an important role in managing inflammatory bowel disease in the near future...
- [Mucosal dendritic cells: reaching out for the unknown (antigen)]D C Baumgart
Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 40:375-7. 2002
- Rescue therapy with tacrolimus is effective in patients with severe and refractory inflammatory bowel diseaseD C Baumgart
Charite Medical Center Virchow Hospital, Medical School of the Humboldt University of Berlin, Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Berlin, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:1273-81. 2003..Oral tacrolimus, approved for the prophylaxis of organ rejection in liver or kidney transplants, has been reported to be effective in anecdotal cases of refractory inflammatory bowel disease...
- Clinical relevance of transabdominal ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging in patients with inflammatory bowel disease of the terminal ileum and large bowelM Pascu
Department of Medicine, Charite Medical School, Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:373-82. 2004..Ileocolonoscopy represents the diagnostic standard in the work-up of patients with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). Patients are often reluctant to be colonoscoped because of the invasiveness and pain sensation during colonoscopy...
- Complication of Waldenstroem's macroglobulinaemia following ERCPM Pascu
Charité Medical School Virchow Clinic, Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Augustenburger Platz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Gut 53:1793; quiz answer 1812. 2004
- Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917 ameliorates experimental colitis via toll-like receptor 2- and toll-like receptor 4-dependent pathwaysA Grabig
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Clinic, Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Augustenburger Platz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Infect Immun 74:4075-82. 2006..In conclusion, our data provide evidence that E. coli Nissle 1917 ameliorates experimental induced colitis in mice via TLR-2- and TLR-4-dependent pathways...
- Review on the influence of stress on immune mediators, neuropeptides and hormones with relevance for inflammatory bowel diseaseJ H Niess
Biomedizinisches Forschungszentrum, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Digestion 65:131-40. 2002..e. neurotransmitters, hormones and immune cells, which are involved in the response to stress on the one hand, and contribute to the onset, progression or relapses of IBD on the other...
- [Ulcerative colitis. Chronic active course]A U Dignass
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin
Z Gastroenterol 42:1006-10. 2004
- Genetic factors determine extent of bone loss in inflammatory bowel diseaseC M Schulte
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Essen, Germany
Gastroenterology 119:909-20. 2000..The aim of this study was to identify genetic risk factors for rapid bone loss in IBD patients as a model of disease- and inflammation-associated bone loss...
- Uneventful pregnancy and neonatal outcome with tacrolimus in refractory ulcerative colitisD C Baumgart
Gut 54:1822-3. 2005
- Shingles following infliximab infusionD C Baumgart
Ann Rheum Dis 61:661. 2002