Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Different proteasome subtypes in a single tissue exhibit different enzymatic propertiesB Dahlmann
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Deutsches Diabetes Forschungsinstitut, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Mol Biol 303:643-53. 2000..Therefore, the characteristics of proteasomes purified from tissues or cells represent the average of the different subtype activities which in turn may have different functions in vivo...
- Subtypes of 20S proteasomes from skeletal muscleB Dahlmann
Institut für Biochemie Charité, Humboldt Universitat Berlin, Monbijoustr 2, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Biochimie 83:295-9. 2001..Our data show that the properties of 20S proteasomes isolated from a given tissue or cells are always the average of the properties of the whole set of proteasome subtypes...
- Role of proteasomes in diseaseBurkhardt Dahlmann
Institut fur Biochemie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Monbijoustr, 2, 10117 Berlin, Germany
BMC Biochem 8:S3. 2007..Publication history: Republished from Current BioData's Targeted Proteins database (TPdb; http://www.targetedproteinsdb.com)...
- ProteasomesBurkhardt Dahlmann
Institut fur Biochemie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Monbijoustr 2, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Essays Biochem 41:31-48. 2005..Hybrid proteasomes (19 S regulator-20 S proteasome-PA28) may have a special function during the immune response. The functions of other proteasome accessory complexes, such as PA200 and PI31 are still under investigation...
- Subunit arrangement in the human 20S proteasomeF Kopp
Diabetes Forschungsinstitut, Dusseldorf, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:2939-44. 1997..The topography shows that for the trypsin-like, the chymotrypsin-like, and the postglutamyl cleaving activities, the pairs of beta type subunits, which are thought to form active sites, are nearest neighbors...
- Reconstitution of hybrid proteasomes from purified PA700-20 S complexes and PA28alphabeta activator: ultrastructure and peptidase activitiesF Kopp
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Deutsches Diabetes-Forschungsinstitut, , Germany
J Mol Biol 313:465-71. 2001..The multiple peptidase activities of hybrid proteasomes are not different from those of PA28-20 S-PA28 or PA700-20 S-PA700 complexes...
- Identical subunit topographies of human and yeast 20S proteasomesB Dahlmann
Diabetes Forschungsinstitut, Auf m Hennekamp 65, Dusseldorf, D 40225, Germany
Arch Biochem Biophys 363:296-300. 1999..Immunoelectron microscopy also showed that the C-terminal extension at the human C2 subunit is flexible but takes up a well-defined position in the proteasome...
- Polyubiquitin substrates allosterically activate their own degradation by the 26S proteasomeDawadschargal Bech-Otschir
Institut fur Biochemie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Monbijoustrasse 2, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Nat Struct Mol Biol 16:219-25. 2009..In consequence, polyUb substrates will allosterically stimulate their own degradation...
- The cell-penetrating peptide octa-arginine is a potent inhibitor of proteasome activitiesAlexander Kloss
Institut für Biochemie CCM, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 72:219-25. 2009....
- Intermediate-type 20 S proteasomes in HeLa cells: "asymmetric" subunit composition, diversity and adaptationNicola Klare
Institut fur Biochemie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Monbijoustrassse 2, 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Mol Biol 373:1-10. 2007....
- Circulating proteasomes are functional and have a subtype pattern distinct from 20S proteasomes in major blood cellsAnnette Zoeger
, , Berlin, Germany
Clin Chem 52:2079-86. 2006..Because the subtype patterns of circulating proteasomes clearly differ from those of proteasomes from blood cells, these cells cannot be regarded as a major source of circulating proteasomes...
- Comprehensive quantitative proteome analysis of 20S proteasome subtypes from rat liver by isotope coded affinity tag and 2-D gel-based approachesFrank Schmidt
Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Core Facility Protein Analysis, Berlin, Germany
Proteomics 6:4622-32. 2006..However, ICAT in conjunction with LC/MALDI-MS was the most accurate method for quantification. The experimental data of this investigation are accessible via http://www.mpiib-berlin.mpg.de/2D-PAGE/...
- Alteration of 20S proteasome-subtypes and proteasome activator PA28 in skeletal muscle of rat after induction of diabetes mellitusSimone Merforth
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Deutsches Diabetes-Forschungsinstitut, Auf'm Hennekamp 65, 40225, , Germany
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 35:740-8. 2003..Since this process goes along with de novo biogenesis of 20S proteasomes, it most likely explains the phenomenon of elevated mRNA concentrations of proteasome subunits after induction of diabetes mellitus...
- Multiple cardiac proteasome subtypes differ in their susceptibility to proteasome inhibitorsAlexander Kloss
Institut für Biochemie CCM, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Monbijoustr 2, Berlin 10117, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 85:367-75. 2010..We have resolved the cardiac proteasome into its subtypes and have addressed the key question of how proteasome inhibitors affect single cardiac proteasomal subtypes...
- The 20S proteasome isolated from Alzheimer's disease brain shows post-translational modifications but unchanged proteolytic activityFrank Gillardon
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co, KG, CNS Research, Biberach an der Riss, Germany
J Neurochem 101:1483-90. 2007..Post-translational modifications of non-catalytic subunits in situ may contribute to the trend towards enhanced hydrolytic activity of the isolated 20S proteasome after removal of the endogenous inhibitors...