Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Early dexamethasone treatment induces placental apoptosis in sheepThorsten Braun
Division of Experimental Obstetrics, Department of Obstetrics, Study Group Perinatal Programming, Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Reprod Sci 22:47-59. 2015..Early DEX was associated with sex-specific, transient alterations in BNC numbers, which may contribute to changes in placental and fetal development. Furthermore, in females, altered placental apoptosis markers may be involved. ..
- Growth restricting effects of a single course of antenatal betamethasone treatment and the role of human placental lactogenT Braun
Department of Obstetrics, Charite University Berlin, Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Placenta 34:407-15. 2013..We therefore hypothesized that also in humans a single course of BET administration is associated with a reduction of PL, associated with a deceleration in fetal growth...
- Mirror syndrome: a systematic review of fetal associated conditions, maternal presentation and perinatal outcomeThorsten Braun
Department of Obstetrics, Charite Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Fetal Diagn Ther 27:191-203. 2010..We describe a case report in association with fetal Ebstein anomaly and provide a systematic review on the fetal associated conditions, maternal presentation and perinatal outcome reported for mirror syndrome...
- Differential appearance of placentomes and expression of prostaglandin H synthase type 2 in placentome subtypes after betamethasone treatment of sheep late in gestationT Braun
Department of Physiology and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toronto, MSB, Rm 3368, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Placenta 32:295-303. 2011..However, the consequences of maternal GC on placental morphology and enzyme expression are unclear...
- Effects of maternal dexamethasone treatment in early pregnancy on pituitary-adrenal axis in fetal sheepThorsten Braun
Department of Physiology and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Endocrinology 150:5466-77. 2009..In females, this effect may be attributed, in part, to increased fetal adrenal steroidogenic activity...
- Maternal betamethasone administration reduces binucleate cell number and placental lactogen in sheepThorsten Braun
Department of Physiology and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toronto, MSB, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Endocrinol 194:337-47. 2007..These data may suggest a placental role in growth restrictive effects of prenatal maternal BET exposure through alterations in placental output of oPL, a key metabolic hormone of pregnancy...