Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Morphological, physiological and behavioural evaluation of a 'Mice in Space' housing systemDieter Blottner
Vegetative Anatomy, Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Freie und Humboldt Universität Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Comp Physiol B 179:519-33. 2009..Our results may be even more helpful in developing multidisciplinary protocols with adequate scenarios addressing molecular to systems levels using mice of various genetic phenotypes in many laboratories...
- Human skeletal muscle structure and function preserved by vibration muscle exercise following 55 days of bed restDieter Blottner
Department of Vegetative Anatomy, Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Arnimallee 22, 14195, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Appl Physiol 97:261-71. 2006..Daily short RVE should be employed as an effective atrophy countermeasure co-protocol preferentially addressing postural calf muscles during prolonged clinical immobilization or long-term human space missions...
- Differential expression of nitric oxide synthases (NOS 1-3) in human skeletal muscle following exercise countermeasure during 12 weeks of bed restJana Rudnick
Department of Anatomy, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 18:1228-30. 2004....
- Ryanodine receptor type-1 (RyR1) expression and protein S-nitrosylation pattern in human soleus myofibres following bed rest and exercise countermeasureMichele Salanova
Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 14195, Berlin, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 130:105-18. 2008..We conclude that following extended body deconditioning in bed rest, RVE countermeasure maintained normal RyR1 expression and nitrosylation patterns required for adequate E-CC in human performance control...
- Expression and regulation of Homer in human skeletal muscle during neuromuscular junction adaptation to disuse and exerciseMichele Salanova
Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Institute of Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Philippstrasse 12, 10115, Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 25:4312-25. 2011..Homer2 is localized at the NMJ and is part of the calcineurin-NFATc1 signaling pathway. RVE has additional benefit over RE as countermeasure preventing disuse-induced neuromuscular maladaptation during bedrest...
- Atypical fast SERCA1a protein expression in slow myofibers and differential S-nitrosylation prevented by exercise during long term bed restMichele Salanova
Department of Vegetative Anatomy, Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Arnimallee 22, Berlin 14195, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 132:383-94. 2009..Exercise preserved myofiber type-specific SERCA1a expression and S-nitrosylation in VL and SOL in a different way, suggesting muscle-specific responses to the countermeasure protocol applied during bed rest...
- Homer protein family regulation in skeletal muscle and neuromuscular adaptationMichele Salanova
Department of Vegetative Anatomy and Center of Space Medicine Berlin ZWMB, Neuromuscular Group, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
IUBMB Life 65:769-76. 2013..2013 IUBMB Life, 65(9):769-776, 2013. ..
- Renal Na+-K+-Cl- cotransporter activity and vasopressin-induced trafficking are lipid raft-dependentPia Welker
Institute of Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Philippstrasse 12, Berlin, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F789-802. 2008..Results are consistent with a model in which LR mediate polar insertion, activity, and AVP-induced trafficking of NKCC2 in the control of transepithelial NaCl transport...
- Neuromuscular contacts induce nitric oxide signals in skeletal myotubes in vitroBritta Püttmann
Neurobiology and Neuromuscular Working Group, Institute of Anatomy, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Neurosignals 14:85-95. 2005..Endogenous NO signaling in myotubes may be essential during synapse formation and plasticity of the neuromuscular system...
- Characterization of auricular chondrocytes and auricular/articular chondrocyte co-cultures in terms of an application in articular cartilage repairMaren Kuhne
Department for Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Charité University of Medicine, Campus Benjamin Franklin, 12207 Berlin, Germany
Int J Mol Med 25:701-8. 2010..Both chondrocyte types survived in co-culture. Despite their differing expression profiles, co-cultures revealed some adjustment in the ECM expression of both chondrocyte types...