Genomes and Genes
Sandra M Blois
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Dendritic cells: key to fetal tolerance?Sandra M Blois
University Medicine of Berlin, Charite Centrum 12, Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Campus Virchow, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Biol Reprod 77:590-8. 2007..DC may also act to induce immunologic tolerance and regulation of T cell-mediated immunity. Current understanding of DC immunobiology within the context of mammalian fetal-maternal tolerance is reviewed and discussed herein...
- A pivotal role for galectin-1 in fetomaternal toleranceSandra M Blois
Charite, University Medicine Berlin, Biomedical Research Building, Campus Virchow, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin 13353, Germany
Nat Med 13:1450-7. 2007..Thus, Gal-1 is a pivotal regulator of fetomaternal tolerance that has potential therapeutic implications in threatened pregnancies...
- In vivo dendritic cell depletion reduces breeding efficiency, affecting implantation and early placental development in miceGesa Krey
Charité Centrum 12 für Innere Medizin und Dermatologie, Reproductive Immunology Research Group, University Medicine of Berlin, BMFZ Raum 2 0547, CVK, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:999-1011. 2008..In view of these findings, dendritic cells emerge as possible modulators in the orchestration of events leading to the establishment and maintenance of pregnancy...
- Endometriosis research: animal models for the study of a complex diseaseIrene Tirado-Gonzalez
Charite, Department of Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Medicine University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Reprod Immunol 86:141-7. 2010....
- Early expression of pregnancy-specific glycoprotein 22 (PSG22) by trophoblast cells modulates angiogenesis in miceSandra M Blois
Charité Centrum 12 für Innere Medizin und Dermatologie, Reproductive Medicine Research Group, University Medicine of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Biol Reprod 86:191. 2012..In summary, our results indicate that PSG22, the most abundant PSG expressed during mouse early pregnancy, is likely a major contributor to the establishment of a successful pregnancy...
- Decidualization and angiogenesis in early pregnancy: unravelling the functions of DC and NK cellsSandra M Blois
Charité Centrum 12 für Innere Medizin und Dermatologie, Reproductive Immunology Research Group, University Medicine of Berlin, Germany
J Reprod Immunol 88:86-92. 2011..Thus, successful implantation appears to result from an interplay between cellular components of the decidualizing endometrium involving immunoregulatory and pro-angiogenic functions of DC and NK cells...
- Interaction between dendritic cells and natural killer cells during pregnancy in miceSandra M Blois
University Medicine of Berlin, Forschungshaus, Raum 2 0547, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:837-52. 2008..Taken together, our results provide the first evidence that a delicate balance of interactions involving NK cells, DC, and trophoblasts at the mouse maternal fetal interface supports a successful pregnancy outcome...
- Neuroendocrine circuitry and endometriosis: progesterone derivative dampens corticotropin-releasing hormone-induced inflammation by peritoneal cells in vitroNadja Tariverdian
Center of Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Division of PsychoNeuroImmunology, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 88:267-78. 2010....
- Galectin-1 influences trophoblast immune evasion and emerges as a predictive factor for the outcome of pregnancyIrene Tirado-Gonzalez
Charité Center 12 Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Reproductive Medicine Research Group, Medicine University Berlin, BMFZ, Raum 2 0547, Augustenburgerplatz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Mol Hum Reprod 19:43-53. 2013..Circulating gal-1 levels could serve as a predictive factor for pregnancy success in early human gestation...
- High expression of survivin and down-regulation of Stat-3 characterize the feto-maternal interface in failing murine pregnancies during the implantation periodMariana G Garcia
Charite, Medicine University of Berlin, Biomedical Research Building BMFZ, Raum 2 0549, Campus Virchow, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Placenta 28:650-7. 2007..The level of apoptosis was similar in the three groups studied. Our results suggest that high expression of survivin and low expression of p-Stat-3 are involved in pregnancy loss in mice...
- CXCR4(+) dendritic cells promote angiogenesis during embryo implantation in miceGabriela Barrientos
Charité Center 12 Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Reproductive Medicine Research Group, Medicine University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Angiogenesis 16:417-27. 2013....
- Depletion of CD8+ cells abolishes the pregnancy protective effect of progesterone substitution with dydrogesterone in mice by altering the Th1/Th2 cytokine profileSandra M Blois
Charite, Department of Internal Medicine, Biomedizinisches Forschungszentrum, Humboldt University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 172:5893-9. 2004..This pathway was exceedingly CD8-dependent, because depletion of CD8 led to a termination of the pregnancy protective effect of progesterone substitution...
- Prenatal stress enhances susceptibility of murine adult offspring toward airway inflammationMaike K Pincus-Knackstedt
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pneumology and Immunology, Charite, University Medicine Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 177:8484-92. 2006..This will foster the substantiation of disease-prevention strategies, such as asthma, during the prenatal period...
- Uterine NK cells are critical in shaping DC immunogenic functions compatible with pregnancy progressionIrene Tirado González
Medicine University of Berlin, Charité Centre 12 Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e46755. 2012..Thus, NK cells appear to play an important role counteracting potential anomalies raised by DC expansion and overactivity in the decidua, becoming critical for normal pregnancy progression...
- Interfering with Gal-1-mediated angiogenesis contributes to the pathogenesis of preeclampsiaNancy Freitag
Charité Center 12 Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Reproductive Medicine Research Group, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:11451-6. 2013..Collectively, these results strengthen the notion that Gal-1 is required for healthy gestation and highlight Gal-1 as a valuable biomarker for early PE diagnosis. ..
- Administration of interferon-alpha in mice provokes peripheral and central modulation of immune cells, accompanied by behavioral effectsArif S Orsal
Neuropsychiatry and Laboratory of Molecular Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Neuropsychobiology 58:211-22. 2008..Unfortunately, the mechanisms underlying IFN-alpha-induced depression are still not well understood...
- Early risk factors for miscarriage: a prospective cohort study in pregnant womenPetra C Arck
Centre of Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Division of Psycho Neuro Immunology, Charite, University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Reprod Biomed Online 17:101-13. 2008....
- Lineage, maturity, and phenotype of uterine murine dendritic cells throughout gestation indicate a protective role in maintaining pregnancySandra M Blois
Charite, Department of Internal Medicine, Biomedizinisches Forschungszentrum, Campus Virchow, Humboldt University of Berlin, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Biol Reprod 70:1018-23. 2004..5 to 8.5. Characterization of CD11c+ cell kinetics in uterus and blood reveals variation of phenotype during pregnancy, pointing toward an eminent immunoregulatory role of DCs throughout gestation at the feto-maternal interface...
- Neuroendocrine-immune disequilibrium and endometriosis: an interdisciplinary approachNadja Tariverdian
Center of Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Division of PsychoNeurolmmunology, Charite, University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Semin Immunopathol 29:193-210. 2007..Finally, we introduce the concept of endometrial dissemination as result of a neuroendocrine-immune disequilibrium in response to high levels of perceived stress caused by cardinal clinical symptoms of endometriosis...