Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Oxidant-induced lung injury in anticancer therapyT Beinert
Med Klinik m S Hämatologie und Onkologie, Charite, Campus Mitte, Schumannstr 20 21, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Med Res 4:43-53. 1999..This review discusses mechanisms of ROS generation during radio-chemotherapy in the lung, antioxidant defense strategies and responses to oxidants, thereby assessing current diagnostic tools...
- Increased levels of vascular endothelial growth factor in bronchoalveolar lavage of patients with bronchial carcinoma effect of tumour activity and oxidative stress due to radio-chemotherapy?T Beinert
Universitäts Klinikum Charité, Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Schumannstrasse 20 21, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Med Res 4:328-34. 1999..We tested the hypothesis that VEGF is additionally affected by oxidative stress due to anticancer therapy. Moreover, the suitability of epidermal growth factor (EGF) to estimate tumour activity was studied...
- Further evidence for oxidant-induced vascular endothelial growth factor up-regulation in the bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of lung cancer patients undergoing radio-chemotherapyT Beinert
Charite, Medizinische Klinik m S Onkologie und Hämatologie, Berlin, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 126:352-6. 2000..In this study we aimed to reveal whether this increase was due to the therapy-associated intrapulmonary oxidative burden...
- Neuropathy under chemotherapyT Beinert
Charite, Campus Mitte, Medizinische Klinik m S Onkologie und Hämatologie, Schumannstr 20 21, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Med Res 5:415-23. 2000..The implementation of new strategies could change the way therapy is delivered over the next few years and improve the outcome especially in patients with neoplasms that are currently resistant to conventional dose therapy...
- Tumour markers - new aspects of an old discussion?M Fleischhacker
Medizinische Klinik m S, Hämatologie und Onkologie, Charite, Campus Mitte, Schumannstr 20 21, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Med Res 4:144-8. 1999..Therefore, the development of more sensitive and specific tumor markers is urgently needed. In this review, the possibilities of using molecular genetic characteristics of cancer as specific and sensitive tumor markers are discussed...
- [Brain metastases of lung cancer]D Binder
Medizinische Klinik m S Infektiologie und Pneumologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:165-71. 2006..This article gives an overview on clinical presentation and diagnosis of cerebral metastases in lung cancer and reviews current treatment options...
- Docetaxel/gemcitabine or cisplatin/gemcitabine followed by docetaxel in the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): results of a multicentre randomized phase II trialD Binder
Medizinische Klinik m S Infektiologie und Pneumologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 60:143-50. 2007..We therefore conducted a multicentre, prospectively randomized study that evaluates a sequential three-drug schedule and a platinum-free doublet regimen...
- Invasive staging of non-small cell lung cancer--a prospective studyS Eggeling
Department of Surgery, Oskar Ziethen Hospital, Fanninger Strasse 32, D 10365 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:679-84. 2002..To assess the lymph node status of the upper mediastinum, the diagnostic value of mediastinoscopy is accepted to be superior to radiological methods. In contrast, thoracoscopy is not yet established as a standard staging tool...
- A phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of the camptothecin glycoconjugate, BAY 38-3441, as a daily infusion in patients with advanced solid tumorsK Mross
Department of Medical Oncology, Tumor Biology Center at the University of Freiburg, Berlin, Germany
Ann Oncol 15:1284-94. 2004..However, because of the superior safety profile, we recommend the 3-day schedule for BAY 38-3441 at a dose of 320 mg/m2/day as 30-min infusions for further phase II studies...