Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Evaluation of the novel ultrasound score for large joints in psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis: six month experience in daily clinical practiceValentin S Schäfer
Department of Rheumatology Clinical Immunology, Asklepios Clinic, Kaiser Karl V Allee 3, Bad Abbach, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:358. 2013....
- Is musculoskeletal ultrasonography an operator-dependent method or a fast and reliably teachable diagnostic tool? Interreader agreements of three ultrasonographers with different training levelsSarah Ohrndorf
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Int J Rheumatol 2010:164518. 2010....
- The US7 score is sensitive to change in a large cohort of patients with rheumatoid arthritis over 12 months of therapyTina M Backhaus
Department of Medicine III, Nephrology and Rheumatology, Universitätsklinikum UKE, Hamburg, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 72:1163-9. 2013..To determine the sensitivity to change of the US7 score among RA patients under various therapies and to analyze the effect of each therapeutic option over 1 year. To estimate predictors for development of destructive bone changes...
- Advances in sonographic scoring of rheumatoid arthritisSarah Ohrndorf
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 72:ii69-75. 2013..The US7 score provides a fast overview of disease activity in daily rheumatological practice. This article reviews different US scores and sum scoring systems and current and proposed activity in this field...
- [Psoriatic arthritis with synchondrosis sternal superior manifestation]M Backhaus
Medizinische Universitätsklinik mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie, und Klinische Immunologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Berlin
Z Rheumatol 58:100-3. 1999..The findings of bone-scintigraphy, conventional radiography and arthrosonography of the manubriosternal joint arthritis are compared and discussed...
- [New developments in joint ultrasonography]M Backhaus
Medizinische Klinik mit SP Rheumatologie und Klinische Immunologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite Campus Mitte, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098, Berlin
Z Rheumatol 65:700-7. 2006..It is a convenient method for follow-up analysis, and therefore has an impact on the monitoring of therapy. It is patient-friendly and is an important tool for the diagnostic work-up of arthritis...
- [Role of imaging methods in the early diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis]M Backhaus
Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsmedizin Berlin
MMW Fortschr Med 148:32-5; quiz 36. 2006..Moreover, it permits sound assessment of the disease progression and hence, therapeutic monitoring. The method is patient friendly, has high diagnostic value and is an integral component in the clarification of arthritic symptoms...
- [Technique and diagnostic value of musculoskeletal ultrasonography in rheumatology. Part 6: ultrasonography of the wrist/hand]M Backhaus
Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Mitte, Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie und Klinische Immunologie, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117 Berlin
Z Rheumatol 61:674-87. 2002..A carpal tunnel syndrome is probable with a cross-sectional area of the median nerve of > or = 12 mm(2)...
- [Technical aspects and value of arthrosonography in rheumatologic diagnosis. 4: Ultrasound of the elbow]M Backhaus
Universitätsklinikum Charitè Campus Mitte Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie und Klinische Immunologie Humboldt Universität zu Berlin Schumannstrasse 20 21 10117 Berlin, Germany
Z Rheumatol 61:415-25. 2002..Synovitis or effusions are probable if the difference between the right and left elbow is 1 mm, and they are definite if the difference is > or = 2 mm...
- [Imaging in rheumatology]M Backhaus
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie und Klinische Immunologie, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:1897-903. 2002..Hot spots" are seen in locations of high bone turn over. Scintigraphy is also helpful to localize or exclude inflammation...
- Prospective two year follow up study comparing novel and conventional imaging procedures in patients with arthritic finger jointsM Backhaus
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Hospital, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 61:895-904. 2002..Additionally, to study the course of soft tissue lesions depicted in the initial study in comparison with the clinical findings...
- [Value of arthrosonography in early arthritis diagnosis]M Backhaus
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie und Klinische Immunologie Universitätsklinikum Charité Humboldt Universität zu Berlin Schumannstr 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Z Rheumatol 61:120-9. 2002..Dynamical examination of joints allows the detection of structural abnormalities. Sonography can also be used for interventional procedures such as joint aspirations, guidance of therapy and needle biopsy...
- Ultrasound and structural changes in inflammatory arthritis: synovitis and tenosynovitisMarina Backhaus
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology University Hospital Charité, Charite Platz 1, Berlin, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1154:139-51. 2009..At present, contrast-enhanced ultrasonography is of particular interest for clinical studies in monitoring the new anti-inflammatory drugs used to treat rheumatological diseases...
- Diagnostic quality and scoring of synovitis, tenosynovitis and erosions in low-field MRI of patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a comparison with conventional MRIClaudia Schirmer
Department of Radiology, Charite Medical School, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 66:522-9. 2007..To compare dedicated low-field MRI (lfMRI) with conventional MRI (cMRI) in the detection and scoring of synovitis, tenosynovitis and erosions in patients with rheumatoid arthritis...
- Indocyanine green-enhanced fluorescence optical imaging in patients with early and very early arthritis: a comparative study with magnetic resonance imagingStephanie G Werner
Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany RHIO Center Dusseldorf and RHIO Research Institute, Dusseldorf, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 65:3036-44. 2013..We undertook this study to compare FOI with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in 32 patients with early and very early untreated arthritis (mean disease duration 7.1 months)...
- Urinary CD4 T cells identify SLE patients with proliferative lupus nephritis and can be used to monitor treatment responsePhilipp Enghard
Department of Nephrology and Intensive Care Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 73:277-83. 2014..Proliferative lupus nephritis (LN) is one of the major concerns in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Here we evaluate urinary CD4 T cells as a biomarker of active LN and indicator of treatment response...
- Musculoskeletal ultrasonography in patients with rheumatoid arthritisSarah Ohrndorf
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Nat Rev Rheumatol 9:433-7. 2013..This article also describes ultrasonographic scores that could feasibly be integrated into daily rheumatology practice for the evaluation of patients with RA. ..
- Anti-dsDNA-NcX ELISA: dsDNA-loaded nucleosomes improve diagnosis and monitoring of disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosusRobert Biesen
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin D 10117, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R26. 2011....
- Unmasking of autoreactive CD4 T cells by depletion of CD25 regulatory T cells in systemic lupus erythematosusJan Broder Engler
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Hospital Charite, Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 70:2176-83. 2011..The authors assess autoreactive CD4 T cells in a representative SLE collective (n=38) by flow cytometry and study the influence of regulatory T cells (Treg) on their antigenic challenge...
- A1.18 From tissue- and cell-specific transcriptomes to candidate markers in rheumatoid arthritisBiljana Smiljanovic
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charité CCM, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 73:A7-8. 2014..Based on transcriptome data candidate markers were selected and validated at the protein level...
- Six-minute walk distance as a marker for disability and complaints in patients with systemic sclerosisKatrin Deuschle
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:S53-9. 2011..Here, we have analysed whether 6MWD is associated with clinical parameters obtained by an extended standardised assessment of SSc patients...
- Responsiveness in rheumatoid arthritis. a report from the OMERACT 11 ultrasound workshopAnnamaria Iagnocco
From the Rheumatology Unit, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Rome, Italy Rheumatology Department, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón and Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain University of Leeds and UK National Institute for Health Research NIHR Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit, Leeds, UK Department of Rheumatology, MC Groep Hospitals, Lelystad, The Netherlands Hospital Universitario Severo Ochoa, Madrid, Spain Rheumatology Unit, Cavale Blanche Hospital, Brest, France University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Department of Internal Medicine 3, Erlangen Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz, Berlin, Germany Rheumatology Unit, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana, Pisa, Italy Department of Rheumatology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Oslo, Norway Université Pierre et Marie Curie, La Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, APHP, Paris, France University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, Florida, USA Division of Rheumatology, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France Instituto Poal, Spain
J Rheumatol 41:379-82. 2014....
- Performance of the 2011 ACR/EULAR preliminary remission criteria compared with DAS28 remission in unselected patients with rheumatoid arthritisKatja Thiele
Epidemiology Unit, German Rheumatism Research Centre, a Leibniz Institute, Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 72:1194-9. 2013....
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound and other imaging modalities in rheumatoid arthritisSarah Ohrndorf
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Curr Opin Rheumatol 25:367-74. 2013..Furthermore, other novel sensitive imaging modalities (high resolution peripheral quantitative computed tomography and fluorescence optical imaging) are introduced in this article...
- Immediate determination of ACPA and rheumatoid factor--a novel point of care test for detection of anti-MCV antibodies and rheumatoid factor using a lateral-flow immunoassayFranziska Renger
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R120. 2010..The aim of this study was to develop and evaluate a point of care test (POCT) for detection of anti-MCV antibodies immediately at the first visit or at the bed side...
- German guidelines for the sequential medical treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with traditional and biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugsKatinka Albrecht
German Society of Rheumatology, Berlin, Germany
Rheumatol Int 34:1-9. 2014..In addition, more recent evidence from a systematic literature research was considered. They have been developed and approved by a group of national experts aiming at guidance for rheumatologists to reach best medical practice. ..
- Sialic acid-binding Ig-like lectin 1 expression in inflammatory and resident monocytes is a potential biomarker for monitoring disease activity and success of therapy in systemic lupus erythematosusRobert Biesen
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 58:1136-45. 2008..This study was undertaken to establish a feasible biomarker for IFN effects with respect to disease activity and effectiveness of IFN-suppressive therapy in SLE patients...
- Antibodies against PM/Scl-75 and PM/Scl-100 are independent markers for different subsets of systemic sclerosis patientsKatharina Hanke
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Humboldt University Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin 10117, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R22. 2009..Furthermore, it remains speculative whether commercially available test systems detecting only anti-PM/Scl-100 antibodies are sufficient in SSc patients...
- Rheumatoid arthritis of the shoulder joint: comparison of conventional radiography, ultrasound, and dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imagingKay Geert A Hermann
Department of Radiology, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 48:3338-49. 2003..To determine the role of ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) compared with conventional radiography in the detection of chronic and acute inflammatory manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) of the shoulder joint...
- First clinical evaluation of sagittal laser optical tomography for detection of synovitis in arthritic finger jointsA K Scheel
Department of Medicine, Nephrology and Rheumatology, Georg August University Gottingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 64:239-45. 2005..To identify classifiers in images obtained with sagittal laser optical tomography (SLOT) that can be used to distinguish between joints affected and not affected by synovitis...
- [Imaging techniques in rheumatology: scintigraphy in rheumatoid arthritis]D Sandrock
Universitatsklinikum Charite, Klinik für Nuklearmedizin, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Z Rheumatol 62:476-80. 2003..The technical details including documentation of the scintigraphic results are presented according to the procedure guidelines of the German Society of Nuclear Medicine (www.nuklearmedizin. de)...
- Prospective 7 year follow up imaging study comparing radiography, ultrasonography, and magnetic resonance imaging in rheumatoid arthritis finger jointsA K Scheel
Department of Medicine, Nephrology and Rheumatology, Georg August University Gottingen, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 65:595-600. 2006....
- Interobserver reliability of rheumatologists performing musculoskeletal ultrasonography: results from a EULAR "Train the trainers" courseA K Scheel
Department of Medicine, Nephrology and Rheumatology, Robert Koch Strasse 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 64:1043-9. 2005....
- [Imaging techniques in rheumatology: sonography in rheumatoid arthritis]W A Schmidt
Rheumaklinik Berlin Buch, Karower Strasse 11, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Z Rheumatol 62:23-33. 2003..Carpal- and ulnar neuropathy occur secondary to rheumatoid arthritis and may lead to characteristic nerve swelling. Ultrasound-guided injections into joints and tendon sheets can be performed...
- [Technique and value of arthrosonography in rheumatologic diagnosis. 2: Ultrasound diagnosis of the hip area]W A Schmidt
Rheumaklinik Berlin Buch Karower Strasse 11, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Z Rheumatol 61:180-8. 2002..Synovitis or effusions are probable if the difference between right and left hip is > or = 2 mm, and they are definite if the difference is > or = 3 mm...
- Low-field MRI for assessing synovitis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Impact of Gd-DTPA dose on synovitis scoringI Eshed
Department of Radiology, Charite Medical School, Campus Mitte, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Scand J Rheumatol 35:277-82. 2006..To investigate the impact of a double dose compared to a single dose of contrast material in low-field magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) on semi-quantitative scoring of synovitis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- [Technique and value of arthrosonography in rheumatologic diagnosis--3: Ultrasound diagnosis of the ankle joint, foot and toes]W A Schmidt
Rheumaklinik Berlin Buch Karower Strasse 11, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Z Rheumatol 61:279-90. 2002..Using modern equipment with higher resolution a hypoechoic border may be normal up to 3 mm in the ankle joints, the MTP joints, and around the peroneus tendons, and up to 4 mm around the tibialis posterior tendons...
- [Technique and diagnostic value of musculoskelatal ultrasonography in rheumatology. Part 5: Ultrasonography of the shoulder]H Mellerowicz
Orthop Klinik der Freien Universität Berlin in der Zentralklinik Emil von Behring Stiftung Oskar Helene Heim Gimpelsteig 9 14165 Berlin, Germany
Z Rheumatol 61:577-89. 2002....
- [Imaging techniques in rheumatology: magnetic resonance imaging in rheumatoid arthritis]B Ostendorf
Klinik fur Nephrologie und Rheumatologie, Rheumazentrum Düsseldorf, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Z Rheumatol 62:274-86. 2003....
- Granulomatous synovialitis with erosions in the shoulder joint: a rare case of polyarthritis caused by Mycobacterium kansasiiK Loddenkemper
Ann Rheum Dis 64:1088-90. 2005
- [Imaging of osteoarthritis of the peripheral joints]J Zacher
Klinik für Orthopädie und orthopädische Rheumatologie, Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Hobrechtsfelder Chaussee 96, 13125 Berlin
Z Rheumatol 66:257-8, 260-4, 266. 2007....
- [Imaging methods in rheumatology: imaging in psoriasis arthritis (PsA)]R Rau
Rheumaklinik, Evangelisches Fachkrankenhaus, Ratingen
Z Rheumatol 65:159-67. 2006..While conventional radiography demonstrates the bony consequences of inflammation in the spine, MRI also shows the active inflammatory changes in sacroiliacal joints and vertebrae...
- Interobserver reliability in musculoskeletal ultrasonography: results from a "Teach the Teachers" rheumatologist courseE Naredo
Rheumatology, Hospital Severo Ochoa, Madrid, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 65:14-9. 2006....
- EULAR report on the use of ultrasonography in painful knee osteoarthritis. Part 1: prevalence of inflammation in osteoarthritisM A D'Agostino
Rheumatology Department, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 64:1703-9. 2005....
- EULAR report on the use of ultrasonography in painful knee osteoarthritis. Part 2: exploring decision rules for clinical utilityP Conaghan
Rheumatology Department, Cochin Hospital, 27, rue du Faubourg St Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 64:1710-4. 2005..Synovial inflammation (as defined by hypertrophy and effusion) is common in osteoarthritis (OA) and may be important in both pain and structural progression...