B T Hovemann
- Drosophila melanogaster NADPH-cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase: pronounced expression in antennae may be related to odorant clearanceB T Hovemann
Fakultat fur Chemie, Ruhr Universitat, Bochum, Germany
Gene 189:213-9. 1997..RNA expression is high in embryos and antennae as compared to adult heads, adult bodies and larvae. High expression in antennae may reflect the putative function in olfactory clearance...
- The protein Hrb57A of Drosophila melanogaster closely related to hnRNP K from vertebrates is present at sites active in transcription and coprecipitates with four RNA-binding proteinsB T Hovemann
Fakultaet fuer Chemie AG, Molekulare Zellbiochemie, Ruhr Universitaet, Bochum, Germany
Gene 245:127-37. 2000....
- Drosophila snRNP associated protein P11 which specifically binds to heat shock puff 93D reveals strong homology with hnRNP core protein A1B T Hovemann
Zentrum für Molekulare Biologie Heidelberg, FRG
Nucleic Acids Res 19:4909-14. 1991..The P11 sequence corresponds to the Hrb87F sequence that was recently described by Haynes et al. (1) as hnRNP A related gene...
- Apis mellifera cytoplasmic elongation factor 1 alpha (EF-1 alpha) is closely related to Drosophila melanogaster EF-1 alphaU Walldorf
Center for Molecular Biology Heidelberg, FRG
FEBS Lett 267:245-9. 1990..Comparison with known eucaryotic EF-1 alpha sequences further confirms that certain amino acid sequences seem to be invariable within the EF-1 alpha protein family...
- The Drosophila ebony gene is closely related to microbial peptide synthetases and shows specific cuticle and nervous system expressionB T Hovemann
Universidade de Sao Paulo, Instituto de Biociencias, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Gene 221:1-9. 1998..Conservation of a multidomain protein structure known from peptide synthetases should have functional implications on the putative reaction mechanism of peptide bond formation...
- Olfactory adaptation depends on the Trp Ca2+ channel in DrosophilaK F Störtkuhl
Department of Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8103, USA
J Neurosci 19:4839-46. 1999..These results, together with temperature-shift analysis of a temperature-sensitive trp mutant, provide evidence of a role of Trp in olfactory system development...
- Molecular cloning of a putative voltage- and cyclic nucleotide-gated ion channel present in the antennae and eyes of Drosophila melanogasterT Marx
Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Fakultat fur Biologie, Lehrstuhl fur Zellphysiologie, ND4, Universitätsstr150, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
Invert Neurosci 4:55-63. 1999..As shown by in situ hybridization, a pronounced mRNA expression was detected in neuronal tissue, including sensory tissue like the compound eyes, and the olfactory and the auditory organs...