- [Plasticity of WNT signaling activity in colorectal cancer]D Horst
Pathologisches Institut, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Thalkirchner Str 36, 80337 München
Pathologe 33:194-7. 2012..Furthermore, WNT/β-Catenin activity in colon cancer cells can be modulated by MAPK signaling thus revealing a means of how other signaling pathways contribute to WNT signaling plasticity in colon cancer...
- Prognostic significance of the cancer stem cell markers CD133, CD44, and CD166 in colorectal cancerDavid Horst
Pathologisches Institut, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Germany
Cancer Invest 27:844-50. 2009..We show that CD133 is the best sole marker to predict low patient survival, while the combined analysis of all three markers may be superior in identification of low-, intermediate-, and high-risk cases of colorectal cancer...
- SOX2 expression correlates with lymph-node metastases and distant spread in right-sided colon cancerJens Neumann
Pathologisches Institut, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:518. 2011....
- The cancer stem cell marker CD133 has high prognostic impact but unknown functional relevance for the metastasis of human colon cancerDavid Horst
Pathologisches Institut der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Thalkirchner Strasse 36, 80337 München, Germany
J Pathol 219:427-34. 2009..Thus, we conclude that CD133 expression is a marker with high prognostic impact for colon cancer, while it seems to have no obvious functional role as a driving force of this malignancy...
- LEF-1 and TCF4 expression correlate inversely with survival in colorectal cancerLydia Kriegl
Department of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians Universität LMU, Thalkirchnerstr, 36, 80337, Munich, Germany
J Transl Med 8:123. 2010..In this study we investigated the expression of β-Catenin, LEF1 and TCF4 in colorectal carcinomas and their prognostic significance...
- Detection of miR-34a promoter methylation in combination with elevated expression of c-Met and β-catenin predicts distant metastasis of colon cancerHelge Siemens
Experimental and Molecular Pathology, Institute of Pathology, Institute of Pathology, and Institute for Medical Information Processing, Biometry and Epidemiology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 19:710-20. 2013..Here, we determined whether epigenetic inactivation of miR-34a and miR-34b/c genes may serve as a prognostic marker for distant metastases in colon cancer...
- Toward the prognostic significance and therapeutic potential of HER3 receptor tyrosine kinase in human colon cancerAbdelhamid Beji
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 18:956-68. 2012..We have previously shown that in melanoma HER3 is frequently overexpressed and is associated with poor prognosis. However, the importance of HER3 in colon cancer and its putative prognostic significance is still unknown...