- Immunoadsorption for connective tissue diseaseB Hohenstein
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Fetscherstr 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Atheroscler Suppl 14:185-9. 2013..Despite the presence of a large number of case series and few controlled trials using IAS, there is a need for further prospective randomized trials to clearly define the role of IAS in these CTD's...
- Enhanced progenitor cell recruitment and endothelial repair after selective endothelial injury of the mouse kidneyBernd Hohenstein
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Technology Dresden, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F1504-14. 2010..Injection of a high dose of erythropoietin 2 h after disease induction markedly attenuated vascular injury through nonhemodynamic mechanisms, possibly involving vascular endothelial growth factor release...
- Autocrine VEGF-VEGF-R loop on podocytes during glomerulonephritis in humansBernd Hohenstein
Division of Nephrology, Medical Clinic III, University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:3170-80. 2010..Its activity is critical for capillary/glomerular preservation and repair, and recent studies have also demonstrated its relevance for the preservation of podocytes...
- Platelets are not critical effector cells for the time course of murine passive crescentic glomerulonephritisBernd Hohenstein
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Platelets 24:267-74. 2013..These data indicate that platelets play a minor role during the time course of this disease model in the mouse...
- Vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein-deficient mice demonstrate increased platelet activation but improved renal endothelial preservation and regeneration in passive nephrotoxic nephritisBernd Hohenstein
Division of Nephrology, University Erlangen Nuremberg, Loschgestrasse 8, Erlangen 91054, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:986-96. 2005..Despite an enhanced injury response early on, VASP -/- mice are protected from long-term progression of nephrotoxic nephritis, which is associated with improved renal endothelial cell preservation and regeneration...
- A new apparatus for standardized rat kidney biopsyHolger Schirutschke
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus at the Technische Universität Dresden, Dresden, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e115368. 2014..In summary, our apparatus offers a safe method to perform repetitive kidney biopsies with minimal trauma and sufficient sample size and quality even in experimental disease models restricted to one single kidney. ..