- How can we cure a heart "in flame"? A translational view on inflammation in heart failureUlrich Hofmann
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Wurzburg, Oberdürrbacher Straße 6, 97080, Wurzburg, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 108:356. 2013....
- Spontaneous dissection of the LAD mimicking inferior myocardial infarctionU Hofmann
University Clinic, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Wuerzburg, Oberdürrbacherstraße 6, 97080, Wurzburg, Germany
Herz 37:338-41. 2012..Patient characteristics and treatment options are discussed on the basis of the recent literature on both clinical entities...
- Activation of CD4+ T lymphocytes improves wound healing and survival after experimental myocardial infarction in miceUlrich Hofmann
University of Wuerzburg, University Clinic, Comprehensive Heart Failure Center, Department of Internal Medicine I, Oberdürrbacherstraße 6, Wurzburg, Germany
Circulation 125:1652-63. 2012..Therefore, we studied whether CD4(+) T cells become activated and influence wound healing after experimental MI in mice...
- The proinflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha and IL-1 beta impair economy of contraction in human myocardiumU Hofmann
University of Wurzburg, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Abteilung Kardiologie, Germany
Cytokine 39:157-62. 2007..Our results suggest that proinflammatory cytokines have a considerable effect on myocardial mechano-energetic parameters in human myocardium as well...
- Protective effects of sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor agonist treatment after myocardial ischaemia-reperfusionUlrich Hofmann
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Wurzburg, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Josef Schneider Str 2, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 83:285-93. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that pharmacological S1P receptor agonists improve recovery of function when applied with reperfusion...
- A collagen α2(I) mutation impairs healing after experimental myocardial infarctionUlrich Hofmann
Department of Internal Medicine I, Comprehensive Heart Failure Center, University Clinic, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 180:113-22. 2012..Both structural alterations within pre-existing collagen matrix and impaired collagen de novo expression contribute to a high rate of early myocardial rupture after MI...
- Pharmacological pre- and post-conditioning with the sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor modulator FTY720 after myocardial ischaemia-reperfusionU Hofmann
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Wuerzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 160:1243-51. 2010..Therefore, we tested the hypothesis that pharmacological post-conditioning with FTY720 reduces infarct size after myocardial ischaemia-reperfusion in vivo...
- Complement c3c as a biomarker in heart failureA Frey
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Wurzburg, Oberdürrbacher Straße 6, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany Comprehensive Heart Failure Center, University of Wurzburg, Straubmühlweg 2a, Haus A9, 97078 Wurzburg, Germany
Mediators Inflamm 2013:716902. 2013..Conclusion. Elevated C3c levels are associated with less adverse remodeling and improved survival in patients with stable systolic heart failure. ..