J R Hirsch
- Effects of sodium nitroprusside in the rat cortical collecting duct are independent of the NO pathwayJ R Hirsch
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Med Poliklinik, Experimentelle Nephrologie, Germany
Kidney Int 51:473-6. 1997..Thus, we conclude that in the rat CCD transport is not regulated via the NO-pathway and that SNP acts as an cGMP independent activator of K+ channels in the basolateral membrane of these cells...
- Cellular localization, membrane distribution, and possible function of guanylyl cyclases A and 1 in collecting ducts of ratJ R Hirsch
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Medizinische Poliklinik, Experimentelle Nephrologie, Domagkstr 3A, D 48149, Munster, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 51:553-61. 2001..We have shown that natriuretic peptides have no effect on ion conductances or water transport of principal cells (PC) even though a cGMP-regulated K+ channel is located in the basolateral membrane of these cells...
- cGMP serves as an extracellular regulator of a Ca(2+)-dependent K(+) channel in immortalized human proximal tubule cellsJ R Hirsch
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Medizinische Poliklinik, Experimentelle Nephrologie, Munster, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 11:77-82. 2001..1 mM). cGMP inhibits a K(+) channel in human proximal tubule cells from the outside and may serve as an autocrine and paracrine regulatory factor in the kidney...
- A novel cGMP-regulated K+ channel in immortalized human kidney epitheliall cells (IHKE-1)J R Hirsch
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Medizinische Poliklinik, Experimentelle Nephrologie, Domagkstrasse 3a, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Physiol 519:645-55. 1999..6. The results present the first electrophysiological characterization of a mammalian K+ channel that is directly regulated by cGMP...
- cGMP-dependent and -independent inhibition of a K+ conductance by natriuretic peptides: molecular and functional studies in human proximal tubule cellsJ R Hirsch
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Medizinische Poliklinik, Experimentelle Nephrologie, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:472-80. 1999..These findings indicate that natriuretic peptides regulate electrogenic transport processes via cGMP-dependent and -independent pathways that influence the Vm of IHKE-1 cells...
- Na(+)-dependent and -independent amino acid transport systems in immortalized human kidney epithelial cells derived from the proximal tubuleJ R Hirsch
Medizinische Poliklinik, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Germany
Kidney Blood Press Res 21:50-8. 1998..B system-related AA transporters might be responsible for the C(-)-independent SIAT, since we were able to detect its signal by Northern blot analysis...
- Properties and regulation of organic cation transport in freshly isolated human proximal tubulesG Pietig
Medizinische Klinik and Poliklinik D, Experimentelle Nephrologie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:33741-6. 2001....
- Natriuretic peptides and diadenosine polyphosphates modulate pH regulation of rat mesangial cellsE A Schulte
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat, Medizinische Poliklinik, Experimentelle Nephrologie, Munster, Deutschland
Cell Physiol Biochem 9:310-22. 1999....
- The organic cation transporters rOCT1 and hOCT2 are inhibited by cGMPE Schlatter
Universitatsklinikum Munster, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik D, Experimentelle Nephrologie, Domagkstr 3A, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Membr Biol 189:237-44. 2002..The data suggest that the inhibition mediated by cGMP observed in HEK293 cells occurs most likely via a mammalian cGMP-binding protein that interacts with OCT1-2 transporters...
- Genetic and functional linkage of Kir5.1 and Kir2.1 channel subunitsC Derst
Institute for Normal and Pathological Physiology, University of Marburg, Germany
FEBS Lett 491:305-11. 2001..When expressed in Xenopus oocytes, Kir5.1 is efficiently targeted to the cell surface and forms electrically silent channels together with Kir2.1, thus negatively controlling Kir2.1 channel activity in native cells...
- Cellular localization of the potassium channel Kir7.1 in guinea pig and human kidneyC Derst
Institut fur Normale und Pathologische Physiologie, Philipps Universitat, Marburg, Germany
Kidney Int 59:2197-205. 2001..The aim of this study was to obtain more information on the localization and possible functional role of the inwardly rectifying K(+) channel, Kir7.1...
- ANP and urodilatin: who is who in the kidneyJ R Hirsch
Cardiopep Pharma GmbH, Karl-Wiechert-Allee 76, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Eur J Med Res 11:447-54. 2006..This review attempts to analyze the roles of both ANP and urodilatin and to discuss new potential candidates which may also play a role in electrolyte and water handling in the kidney...