- [HCV reinfection after liver transplantation - management and first experiences with telaprevir-based triple therapy]K Herzer
Klinik für Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie, Medizinisches Zentrum, Universitatsklinikum Essen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 138:1759-64. 2013..We report our first experiences with TVR-based triple therapy in patients with GT1-reinfection of the graft...
- Deficiency of the promyelocytic leukemia protein fosters hepatitis C-associated hepatocarcinogenesis in miceKerstin Herzer
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital, Essen, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e44474. 2012..In conclusion, this study provides first in vivo evidence that the tumor suppressor PML acts as an important barrier in liver carcinogenesis and HCV-dependent liver pathology...
- [Pulmonary affection in advanced liver disease - hepatepulonary syndrome and portopulmonary hypertension]Kerstin Herzer
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie, Essen, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 105:916-23. 2010..Therefore, these diseases are separate entities also when it comes to diagnostics and therapy...
- Expression of apoptosis- and vitamin D pathway-related genes in hepatocellular carcinomaChristian D Fingas
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital, University Duisburg Essen, Germany
Digestion 87:176-81. 2013..In this pilot study, we further examined apoptosis-related genes in human HCC and also focused on vitamin D signaling as this might be a regulator of HCC cell apoptosis...
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease progresses to hepatocellular carcinoma in the absence of apparent cirrhosisJudith Ertle
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Int J Cancer 128:2436-43. 2011..The MS may also promote development of HCC among those with alcoholic liver disease. Increased awareness of liver manifestations in the MS may instigate early interventions against developing HCC...
- Steroid and ursodesoxycholic Acid combination therapy in severe drug-induced liver injuryAlexander Wree
Department of Gastroenterolgy and Hepatology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Digestion 84:54-9. 2011..Drug-induced liver injury (DILI) is the leading cause of acute severe liver disease in Western countries. Treatment strategies for DILI are still not well defined...
- Mini-laparoscopy is superior in detecting liver cirrhosis and metastases in liver cancer: an over 10-year experience in 1,788 casesPhilip Hilgard
Department for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Digestion 89:156-64. 2014..We re-evaluated the significance of mini-laparoscopy for diagnosis and staging of liver disease and primary liver and bile duct cancer...