- Psychosocial determinants for frequent primary health care utilisation in patients with heart failureMartin Scherer
Department of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Psychosoc Med 5:Doc02. 2008..These factors might need to be compensated by GP consultation. GPs should address the rearrangement of physical, mental, and social resources to strengthen self-reliance of patients with heart failure...
- Association of elevated blood pressure with low distress and good quality of life: results from the nationwide representative German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Children and AdolescentsAngela Berendes
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Psychosom Med 75:422-8. 2013....
- [The inner coherence of psychosomatic medicine]Christoph Herrmann-Lingen
Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Abteilung Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Gottingen
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 58:126-41. 2012....
- Depression and anxiety as major determinants of neck pain: a cross-sectional study in general practiceEva Blozik
Department of General Practice and Family Medicine, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:13. 2009..This study examines how socio-demographic, psychosocial and medical history and health-promoting lifestyle factors interact with neck pain in general practice patients...
- Natriuretic peptide vs. clinical information for diagnosis of left ventricular systolic dysfunction in primary careJanka Koschack
Department of General Practice, Georg August University Gottingen, Germany
BMC Fam Pract 9:14. 2008..Whether or not natriuretic peptide testing is a useful and cost-effective diagnostic instrument in primary care settings, however, is still a matter of debate...
- [Psychosomatic aspects of chronic heart failure. Nothing but depression?]C Herrmann-Lingen
Klinik fur Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Universitätsmedizin Göttingen Georg August Universität, Von Siebold Str 5, 37099, Gottingen, Deutschland
Herz 36:135-40. 2011..While the evidence for antidepressant drug treatment in heart failure appears inconclusive, behavioral treatments such as exercise and psychotherapy may be more promising in treating comorbid anxiety and depression...
- [Psychosomatic aspects of coronary heart disease]C Herrmann-Lingen
Abteilung für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Georg August Universitat, Von Siebold Strasse 5, Gottingen, Germany
Internist (Berl) 51:826-35. 2010..The aim of this contribution is to describe the psychosomatic aspects of coronary heart disease and to delineate the principles of a holistic approach to treatment...
- International experiences with the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale--a review of validation data and clinical resultsC Herrmann
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Germany
J Psychosom Res 42:17-41. 1997..It is sensitive to changes both during the course of diseases and in response to psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacological intervention. Finally, HADS scores predict psychosocial and possibly also physical outcome...
- [Cardiological and psychosocial status of patients with malignant ventricular arrhythmias before implantation of a cardioverter defibrillator. First results from the German Austrian ICD Multicenter Study (GAIMS)]Christoph Herrmann-Lingen
Klinik für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie der Universität Göttingen
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 54:308-19. 2004..Prospective changes over time in the different dimensions of psychosocial adjustment and their prognostic power for future quality of life and arrhythmic events will be reported separately...
- [Anxiety and depression in cardiology patients: how to diagnose, how to treat?]C Herrmann-Lingen
Klinik für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Universitat Gottingen
Herz 26:326-34. 2001....
- High plasma levels of N-terminal pro-atrial natriuretic peptide associated with low anxiety in severe heart failureChristoph Herrmann-Lingen
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Psychosom Med 65:517-22. 2003..We therefore assessed associations of the Atrial Natriuretic Pro-Peptide (pro-ANP) with anxiety in patients with CHF and controls...
- [The importance of depressive disorders in somatic medicine]Christoph Herrmann-Lingen
Abteilung Psychosomatik und Psychotherapy, Klinik für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Universitat Gottingen, Von Siebold Str 5, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 49:391-407. 2003..While it still appears premature to establish generally applicable treatment guidelines, an individualized approach with regard to the different treatment alternatives for individual patients should be advocated...
- Depressed mood, physician-rated prognosis, and comorbidity as independent predictors of 1-year mortality in consecutive medical inpatientsC Herrmann-Lingen
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, University of Gottingen, Von Siebold Str 5, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Psychosom Res 50:295-301. 2001..To determine the independent effects of depressed mood and markers of medical disease severity on mortality in consecutive medical inpatients...
- Effects of anxiety and depression on 5-year mortality in 5,057 patients referred for exercise testingC Herrmann
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Von Siebold Strasse 5, D 37075, Gottingen, Germany
J Psychosom Res 48:455-62. 2000..The present study aims to examine the effect of anxiety and depression on 5-year mortality in patients referred for exercise testing...
- Diagnostic groups and depressed mood as predictors of 22-month mortality in medical inpatientsC Herrmann
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Germany
Psychosom Med 60:570-7. 1998....
- Impact of diabetes on left ventricular diastolic function in patients with arterial hypertensionRolf Wachter
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 9:469-76. 2007..To analyse the effect of diabetes (DM) on diastolic function in hypertensive patients...
- [Prevalence and effects of depressive and anxiety symptoms in internal medicine inpatients during the first year after hospital discharge]Thomas Meyer
Abteilung Kardiologie und Pneumologie der Georg August Universität Göttingen, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 48:174-91. 2002..0; p = 0.019). These results demonstrate the persistence of depressive symptoms and the frequent utilization of health care in internal medicine inpatients with psychiatric disorders in the first year after hospital discharge...
- Development of a short version of the Neck Pain and Disability ScaleEva Blozik
Department of General Practice and Family Medicine, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee Göttingen, Germany
Eur J Pain 14:864.e1-7. 2010..In conclusion, the sf-NPAD demonstrated good validity and internal consistency in this general practice setting. The abbreviated version may facilitate applicability of the scale in clinical and research settings...
- Natriuretic peptides in the detection of preclinical diastolic or systolic dysfunctionClaus Luers
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University of Goettingen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:217-26. 2010....
- [Psychosocial co-symptoms in primary care patients with heart failure]Martin Scherer
Abteilung Allgemeinmedizin, Universitat Gottingen, Gottingen
Herz 31:347-54. 2006..Psychosocial distress is a common phenomenon in patients with heart failure (HF). The aim of this study was to analyze psychosocial co-symptoms and their relationship with clinical and sociodemographic factors...
- Psychological distress in primary care patients with heart failure: a longitudinal studyMartin Scherer
Department of General Practice, Georg August University of Gottingen, Germany
Br J Gen Pract 57:801-7. 2007..Psychological distress is a common phenomenon in patients with heart failure. Depressive symptoms are often under-diagnosed or inadequately treated in primary care...
- [Disease-specific quality of life in primary care patients with heart failure]Martin Scherer
Abteilung AlIgemeinmedizin, Georg August Universitat Gottingen
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 101:185-90. 2007..Quality of Life (QoL) is an important predictor of mortality and re-admission in patients with heart failure (HF). Our aim was to analyze disease-specific quality of life and its relationship to psycho-social factors and HF severity...
- Psychometric properties of a German version of the neck pain and disability scaleMartin Scherer
Department of General Practice and Family Medicine, Georg August University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, 37073, Gottingen, Germany
Eur Spine J 17:922-9. 2008..The NPAD-d demonstrated good validity and reliability in this general practice setting. The NPAD-d may be useful in the clinical assessment process and the management of neck pain...
- Single item on positive affect is associated with 1-year survival in consecutive medical inpatientsMartin Scherer
Department of General Practice, University of Gottingen, D 37099 Göttingen, Germany
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 31:8-13. 2009..To determine the independent effects of positive and negative affect items on mortality in consecutive medical inpatients...
- Elevated serum levels of interleukin-10 and tumor necrosis factor α [corrected] are both associated with vital exhaustion in patients with cardiovascular risk factorsThomas Meyer
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Von Siebold Str 5, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Psychosomatics 51:248-56. 2010....
- Screening for psychosocial risk factors in patients with coronary heart disease-recommendations for clinical practiceChristian Albus
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Germany
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 11:75-9. 2004..Secondly, if problems are indicated, patients should be passed to qualified professionals for structured clinical interview. Instruments of all three methods are briefly presented, and implications for further treatment are discussed...
- Social support predicts hemodynamic recovery from mental stress in patients with implanted defibrillatorsBernhard Lache
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Georg August University, Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Psychosom Res 63:515-23. 2007..The hypothesis tested was that psychosocial resources help to maintain adaptive hemodynamic responses to mental stress...