- Association of elevated blood pressure with low distress and good quality of life: results from the nationwide representative german health interview and examination survey for children and adolescentsAngela Berendes
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, German Centre for Cardiovascular Research, University of Göttingen Medical Centre, Von Siebold Str 5, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Psychosom Med 75:422-8. 2013..It also corresponds to earlier research suggesting a bidirectional relationship with repressed emotions leading to elevated blood pressure and, furthermore, elevated blood pressure serving as a potential stress buffer...
- [The inner coherence of psychosomatic medicine]Christoph Herrmann-Lingen
Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Abteilung Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Gottingen
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 58:126-41. 2012..Together with a clear differentiation from other cultures of (para)medicine, this can serve to develop a "psychosomatic identity."..
- Depression and anxiety as major determinants of neck pain: a cross-sectional study in general practiceEva Blozik
Department of General Practice and Family Medicine, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:13. 2009..This study examines how socio-demographic, psychosocial and medical history and health-promoting lifestyle factors interact with neck pain in general practice patients...
- Natriuretic peptide vs. clinical information for diagnosis of left ventricular systolic dysfunction in primary careJanka Koschack
Department of General Practice, Georg August University Gottingen, Germany
BMC Fam Pract 9:14. 2008..Whether or not natriuretic peptide testing is a useful and cost-effective diagnostic instrument in primary care settings, however, is still a matter of debate...
- [Psychosomatic aspects of chronic heart failure. Nothing but depression?]C Herrmann-Lingen
Klinik fur Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Universitätsmedizin Göttingen Georg August Universität, Von Siebold Str 5, 37099, Gottingen, Deutschland
Herz 36:135-40. 2011..While the evidence for antidepressant drug treatment in heart failure appears inconclusive, behavioral treatments such as exercise and psychotherapy may be more promising in treating comorbid anxiety and depression...
- [Psychosomatic aspects of coronary heart disease]C Herrmann-Lingen
Abteilung für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Georg August Universitat, Von Siebold Strasse 5, Gottingen, Germany
Internist (Berl) 51:826-35. 2010..The aim of this contribution is to describe the psychosomatic aspects of coronary heart disease and to delineate the principles of a holistic approach to treatment...
- International experiences with the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale--a review of validation data and clinical resultsC Herrmann
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Germany
J Psychosom Res 42:17-41. 1997..It is sensitive to changes both during the course of diseases and in response to psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacological intervention. Finally, HADS scores predict psychosocial and possibly also physical outcome...
- [Cardiological and psychosocial status of patients with malignant ventricular arrhythmias before implantation of a cardioverter defibrillator. First results from the German Austrian ICD Multicenter Study (GAIMS)]Christoph Herrmann-Lingen
Klinik für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie der Universität Göttingen
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 54:308-19. 2004..Prospective changes over time in the different dimensions of psychosocial adjustment and their prognostic power for future quality of life and arrhythmic events will be reported separately...
- Depressed mood, physician-rated prognosis, and comorbidity as independent predictors of 1-year mortality in consecutive medical inpatientsC Herrmann-Lingen
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, University of Gottingen, Von Siebold Str 5, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Psychosom Res 50:295-301. 2001..To determine the independent effects of depressed mood and markers of medical disease severity on mortality in consecutive medical inpatients...
- [The importance of depressive disorders in somatic medicine]Christoph Herrmann-Lingen
Abteilung Psychosomatik und Psychotherapy, Klinik für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Universitat Gottingen, Von Siebold Str 5, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 49:391-407. 2003..While it still appears premature to establish generally applicable treatment guidelines, an individualized approach with regard to the different treatment alternatives for individual patients should be advocated...
- [Anxiety and depression in cardiology patients: how to diagnose, how to treat?]C Herrmann-Lingen
Klinik für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Universitat Gottingen
Herz 26:326-34. 2001....
- Effects of anxiety and depression on 5-year mortality in 5,057 patients referred for exercise testingC Herrmann
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Von Siebold Strasse 5, D 37075, Gottingen, Germany
J Psychosom Res 48:455-62. 2000..The present study aims to examine the effect of anxiety and depression on 5-year mortality in patients referred for exercise testing...
- High plasma levels of N-terminal pro-atrial natriuretic peptide associated with low anxiety in severe heart failureChristoph Herrmann-Lingen
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Psychosom Med 65:517-22. 2003..We therefore assessed associations of the Atrial Natriuretic Pro-Peptide (pro-ANP) with anxiety in patients with CHF and controls...
- Diagnostic groups and depressed mood as predictors of 22-month mortality in medical inpatientsC Herrmann
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Germany
Psychosom Med 60:570-7. 1998....
- [Prevalence and effects of depressive and anxiety symptoms in internal medicine inpatients during the first year after hospital discharge]Thomas Meyer
Abteilung Kardiologie und Pneumologie der Georg August Universität Göttingen, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 48:174-91. 2002..0; p = 0.019). These results demonstrate the persistence of depressive symptoms and the frequent utilization of health care in internal medicine inpatients with psychiatric disorders in the first year after hospital discharge...
- Impact of diabetes on left ventricular diastolic function in patients with arterial hypertensionRolf Wachter
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 9:469-76. 2007..To analyse the effect of diabetes (DM) on diastolic function in hypertensive patients...
- [Disease-specific quality of life in primary care patients with heart failure]Martin Scherer
Abteilung AlIgemeinmedizin, Georg August Universitat Gottingen
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 101:185-90. 2007..Quality of Life (QoL) is an important predictor of mortality and re-admission in patients with heart failure (HF). Our aim was to analyze disease-specific quality of life and its relationship to psycho-social factors and HF severity...
- [Psychosocial co-symptoms in primary care patients with heart failure]Martin Scherer
Abteilung Allgemeinmedizin, Universitat Gottingen, Gottingen
Herz 31:347-54. 2006..Psychosocial distress is a common phenomenon in patients with heart failure (HF). The aim of this study was to analyze psychosocial co-symptoms and their relationship with clinical and sociodemographic factors...
- Natriuretic peptides in the detection of preclinical diastolic or systolic dysfunctionClaus Luers
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University of Goettingen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:217-26. 2010....
- Development of a short version of the Neck Pain and Disability ScaleEva Blozik
Department of General Practice and Family Medicine, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee Göttingen, Germany
Eur J Pain 14:864.e1-7. 2010..In conclusion, the sf-NPAD demonstrated good validity and internal consistency in this general practice setting. The abbreviated version may facilitate applicability of the scale in clinical and research settings...
- Psychological distress in primary care patients with heart failure: a longitudinal studyMartin Scherer
Department of General Practice, Georg August University of Gottingen, Germany
Br J Gen Pract 57:801-7. 2007..Psychological distress is a common phenomenon in patients with heart failure. Depressive symptoms are often under-diagnosed or inadequately treated in primary care...
- Psychometric properties of a German version of the neck pain and disability scaleMartin Scherer
Department of General Practice and Family Medicine, Georg August University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, 37073, Gottingen, Germany
Eur Spine J 17:922-9. 2008..The NPAD-d demonstrated good validity and reliability in this general practice setting. The NPAD-d may be useful in the clinical assessment process and the management of neck pain...
- Elevated serum levels of interleukin-10 and tumor necrosis factor α [corrected] are both associated with vital exhaustion in patients with cardiovascular risk factorsThomas Meyer
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Von Siebold Str 5, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Psychosomatics 51:248-56. 2010....
- Single item on positive affect is associated with 1-year survival in consecutive medical inpatientsMartin Scherer
Department of General Practice, University of Gottingen, D 37099 Göttingen, Germany
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 31:8-13. 2009..To determine the independent effects of positive and negative affect items on mortality in consecutive medical inpatients...
- Social support predicts hemodynamic recovery from mental stress in patients with implanted defibrillatorsBernhard Lache
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Georg August University, Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Psychosom Res 63:515-23. 2007..The hypothesis tested was that psychosocial resources help to maintain adaptive hemodynamic responses to mental stress...
- Screening for psychosocial risk factors in patients with coronary heart disease-recommendations for clinical practiceChristian Albus
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Germany
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 11:75-9. 2004..Secondly, if problems are indicated, patients should be passed to qualified professionals for structured clinical interview. Instruments of all three methods are briefly presented, and implications for further treatment are discussed...