R M Hermann
- [The value of qualitative regression grading as a prognostic factor for survival after preoperative radiochemotherapy in patients with advanced head and neck cancer]R M Hermann
Paracelsus Strahlenklinik, Osnabruck
Strahlenther Onkol 177:277-82. 2001..Various regression systems have been suggested. We propose an easy to apply and economical score that seems to have a significant prognostic value in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck...
- In vitro studies on the modification of low-dose hyper-radiosensitivity in prostate cancer cells by incubation with genistein and estradiolRobert Michael Hermann
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiooncology, University Hospital Goettingen, Robert Koch Str, 40, 37075, Goettingen, Germany
Radiat Oncol 3:19. 2008..As the majority of prostate cancers (PC) express estrogen receptors, we evaluated the combination of radiation and estrogenic stimulation (estrogen and genistein) on the radiosensitivity of PC cells in vitro...
- Radiosensitization dependent on p53 function in bronchial carcinoma cells by the isoflavone genistein and estradiol in vitroRobert Michael Hermann
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiooncology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 183:195-202. 2007..Hormones have a different toxicity profile than radiation or cytostatic drugs. As NSCLC often express estrogen receptors (ERs), the combination of genistein or estradiol and radiation in vitro was investigated...
- Histomorphological tumor regression grading of esophageal carcinoma after neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy: which score to use?R M Hermann
Department of Radiooncology and Radiotherapy, University Hospital, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Dis Esophagus 19:329-34. 2006..After comparing our data with the literature, it is reasonable to consider classifying all patients into 'Complete tumor regression' and 'Incomplete tumor regression'...
- Does escalation of the apical dose change treatment outcome in beta-radiation of posterior choroidal melanomas with 106Ru plaques?Robert Michael Hermann
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiooncology, University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:1360-6. 2002..To show the results of treating posterior uveal melanomas with 106Ru plaque beta-ray radiotherapy and to review and discuss the literature concerning the optimal apical dose prescription (100 vs. 160 Gy)...
- Chemoradioimmunotherapy with 5-fluorouracil, cisplatin and interferon-alpha in pancreatic and periampullary cancer: results of a feasibility studyM Nitsche
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Goettingen, 40, Robert Koch street, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Cancer Radiother 12:817-21. 2008..We report the up-to-now experience at our institution...
- Combining radiation with oxaliplatin: a review of experimental resultsR M Hermann
Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Abteilung Strahlentherapie und Radioonkologie, Robert Koch Strasse 40, Gottingen, Germany
Cancer Radiother 12:61-7. 2008..Herein, they are discussed with respect to apoptosis induction, p53-related signalling, cell cycle control, and DNA-repair...
- Presence of human papillomavirus-18 and Epstein-Barr virus in a squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue in a 20-year-old patient. Case report and review of the current literatureR M Hermann
Department of Radiotherapy, Georg August Universitat, Gottingen, Germany
Cancer Radiother 8:262-5. 2004..To our knowledge, this is the first case of co-infection in carcinoma of the tongue to be reported. We review the present data and theories concerning viral oncogenesis of oral carcinomas...
- Increasing toxicity during neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy as positive prognostic factor for patients with esophageal carcinomaS Hennies
Department of Radiotherapy, University Medicine Goettingen, Gottingen, Germany
Dis Esophagus 27:146-51. 2014..The hypothesis should be further analyzed on biomolecular and clinical level in future clinical trials. ..
- Multicenter phase II trial of chemoradiation with oxaliplatin for rectal cancerClaus Rodel
Department of Radiotherapy, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:110-7. 2007..To evaluate the activity and safety of preoperative radiotherapy (RT) and concurrent capecitabine and oxaliplatin (XELOX-RT) plus four cycles of adjuvant XELOX in patients with rectal cancer...
- Irradiation leads to susceptibility of hepatocytes to TNF-alpha mediated apoptosisHans Christiansen
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Goettingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Radiother Oncol 72:291-6. 2004..The pathogenesis of radiation-induced-liver-disease (RILD) is still unknown. We tested the hypothesis that irradiated liver macrophages influence the viability of radiation stressed hepatocytes...
- Neck lymph node metastases from an unknown primary tumor retrospective study and review of literatureHans Christiansen
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiooncology, University of Gottingen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 181:355-62. 2005..The purpose of this retrospective analysis is to assess the outcome in patients with neck metastases from an unknown primary tumor (CUP). Furthermore, prognostic factors and treatment modalities are discussed...
- Phase I-II trial of cetuximab, capecitabine, oxaliplatin, and radiotherapy as preoperative treatment in rectal cancerClaus Rodel
Department of Radiation Therapy, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:1081-6. 2008..To evaluate the safety and activity of preoperative radiotherapy (RT) with concurrent cetuximab, capecitabine, and oxaliplatin in rectal cancer patients...
- Long-term follow-up after transoral laser microsurgery and adjuvant radiotherapy for advanced recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckHans Christiansen
Department of Radiotherapy, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany, and Départmentde Cancérologie, Hopital Morvan, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Brest, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:1067-74. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of adjuvant radiotherapy after transoral laser microsurgery for advanced recurrent head-and-neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)...
- Irradiation as preparative regimen for hepatocyte transplantation causes prolonged cell cycle blockSarah Koenig
University Hospital Goettingen, Department of General and Visceral Surgery, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37099 Goettingen, Germany
Int J Radiat Biol 84:285-98. 2008..We investigated the changes in the liver induced by IR explaining the loss of reproductive integrity in endogenous hepatocytes...
- Paraganglioma of the cerebellum: case report and review of the literatureMirko Nitsche
Klinik und Poliklinik für Strahlentherapie und Radioonkologie, Georg August Universitat, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Int J Clin Oncol 10:447-52. 2005..The optimal therapeutic strategy with regard to the benefit of adjuvant radiotherapy after total or subtotal resection has yet to be defined...
- Rationale for individualized therapy in Sinonasal Teratocarcinosarcoma (SNTC): case reportMirko Nitsche
Department of Radiotherapy, University of Gottingen, Germany
Onkologie 28:653-6. 2005..We present the first case of malignant SNTC treated with individualized multimodal therapy including a histology-specific chemotherapy...
- Effect of pentoxifylline and tocopherol on radiation proctitis/enteritisAndrea Hille
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiation Oncology, University of Goettingen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 181:606-14. 2005..In a retrospective analysis the clinical benefit of the treatment with pentoxifylline/tocopherol on radiation-induced proctitis/enteritis was evaluated, compared to supportive care only...