Affiliation: Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research
- Methylation matters: binding of Ets-1 to the demethylated Foxp3 gene contributes to the stabilization of Foxp3 expression in regulatory T cellsJulia K Polansky
Experimental Immunology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Inhoffenstr 7, 38124, Braunschweig, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 88:1029-40. 2010..We therefore propose that Ets-1 is part of a larger protein complex, which binds to the TSDR only in its demethylated state, thereby restricting stable Foxp3 expression to the Treg lineage...
- The Treg-specific demethylated region stabilizes Foxp3 expression independently of NF-κB signalingLisa Schreiber
Department Experimental Immunology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e88318. 2014..In conclusion, we show that NF-κB signaling is not substantially involved in TSDR-mediated stabilization of Foxp3 expression in Tregs. ..
- Epigenetic control of FOXP3 expression: the key to a stable regulatory T-cell lineage?Jochen Huehn
Department of Experimental Immunology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
Nat Rev Immunol 9:83-9. 2009....
- Active demethylation of the Foxp3 locus leads to the generation of stable regulatory T cells within the thymusAras Toker
Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig 38124, Germany
J Immunol 190:3180-8. 2013..Together, our results demonstrate that initiating TSDR demethylation during early stages of thymic Treg development commences stabilization of Foxp3 expression and guarantees full functionality and long-term lineage stability of Tregs...
- Induced and thymus-derived Foxp3(+) regulatory T cells share a common nicheYi Ju Huang
Experimental Immunology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
Eur J Immunol 44:460-8. 2014..However, when transferred together Nrp1(+) tTreg cells outcompeted Nrp1(-) iTreg cells and dominated the Treg-cell compartment. Taken together, our data suggest that tTreg cells and iTreg cells share a common peripheral niche. ..
- IκB(NS) protein mediates regulatory T cell development via induction of the Foxp3 transcription factorMarc Schuster
Systems oriented Immunology and Inflammation Research, Helmholtz Center for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
Immunity 37:998-1008. 2012..Our results demonstrate that IκB(NS) critically regulates Treg cell development in the thymus and during gut inflammation, indicating that strategies targeting IκB(NS) could modulate the Treg cell compartment...
- To be or not to be a Treg cell: lineage decisions controlled by epigenetic mechanismsAras Toker
Experimental Immunology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Inhoffenstrasse 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Sci Signal 4:pe4. 2011....
- First insight into the kinome of human regulatory T cellsSebastian König
Department of Molecular Structural Biology, Helmholtz Zentrum für Infektionsforschung, Braunschweig, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e40896. 2012....