Affiliation: Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research
- Block of death-receptor apoptosis protects mouse cytomegalovirus from macrophages and is a determinant of virulence in immunodeficient hostsLinda Ebermann
Department of Vaccinology and Applied Microbiology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
PLoS Pathog 8:e1003062. 2012....
- Reversible silencing of cytomegalovirus genomes by type I interferon governs virus latencyFranziska Dağ
Department for Vaccinology Immune Aging and Chronic Infection, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
PLoS Pathog 10:e1003962. 2014....
- CMV and Immunosenescence: from basics to clinicsRafael Solana
Immunology Unit, Instituto Maimónides de Investigación Biomédica de Córdoba IMIBIC Reina Sofia University Hospital University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
Immun Ageing 9:23. 2012..Here we summarize the major findings of this workshop...
- Cytomegalovirus infection impairs immune responses and accentuates T-cell pool changes observed in mice with agingLuka Cicin-Sain
Department of Vaccinology and Applied Microbiology, Helmholtz Center for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002849. 2012..Therefore, latent MCMV infection resulted in pronounced changes of the T-cell compartment consistent with impaired naïve T-cell function...
- The context of gene expression defines the immunodominance hierarchy of cytomegalovirus antigensIryna Dekhtiarenko
Department of Vaccinology, Helmholtz Center for Infection Research, Braunschweig 38124, Germany
J Immunol 190:3399-409. 2013....
- Mouse CMV infection delays antibody class switch upon an unrelated virus challengeThomas F Marandu
Department of Vaccinology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany Dar es salaam University College of Education, Tanzania
Exp Gerontol 54:101-8. 2014..Therefore, our results argue that latent CMV infection impairs B-cell, but not T-cell responses to a challenge with VSV and delays antibody class-switch by a mechanism which may be independent of T-cell help. ..
- Use of recombinant approaches to construct human cytomegalovirus mutantsIryna Dekhtiarenko
Department of Vaccinology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 1119:59-79. 2014..Here we describe the methods used for the generation of a CMV BAC, targeted mutagenesis of BAC clones, and transfection of human cells with CMV BAC DNA in order to reconstitute the viral infection process. ..