Affiliation: HELIOS Klinikum Wuppertal
- Current and future role of neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancerMichael Untch
Department of Gynecology, Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Berlin, Germany Electronic address
Breast 23:526-37. 2014..Patients not achieving a pCR may be candidates for postoperative clinical trials exploring novel systemic treatments. ..
- Clinical practice decisions in endocrine therapyMichael Untch
Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Academic Hospital of University Charite Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cancer Invest 28:4-13. 2010..Original publications and treatment guidelines can help physicians select the optimal adjuvant treatment for individual patients, according to their risk profile...
- Recent advances in systemic therapy: advances in neoadjuvant (primary) systemic therapy with cytotoxic agentsMichael Untch
Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Akademisches LK der Universität Charité, Berlin, Germany
Breast Cancer Res 11:203. 2009....
- PREPARE trial: a randomized phase III trial comparing preoperative, dose-dense, dose-intensified chemotherapy with epirubicin, paclitaxel, and CMF versus a standard-dosed epirubicin-cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel with or without darbepoetin alfa M Untch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Berlin
Ann Oncol 22:1999-2006. 2011....
- PREPARE trial: a randomized phase III trial comparing preoperative, dose-dense, dose-intensified chemotherapy with epirubicin, paclitaxel and CMF versus a standard-dosed epirubicin/cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel ± darbepoetin alfa in primary breaM Untch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Berlin
Ann Oncol 22:1988-98. 2011..Preoperative chemotherapy is a recommended treatment of both primary operable and locally advanced breast cancer. Strategies to improve efficacy include the use of anthracyclines, taxanes, and intensified dose with bone marrow support...
- Pathologic complete response after neoadjuvant chemotherapy plus trastuzumab predicts favorable survival in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing breast cancer: results from the TECHNO trial of the AGO and GBG study groupsMichael Untch
Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Schwanebecker Chaussee 50, 13125 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 29:3351-7. 2011..To evaluate efficacy and safety of epirubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel and trastuzumab as neoadjuvant treatment in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-overexpressing breast cancer...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy: early response as a guide for further treatment: clinical, radiological, and biologicalMichael Untch
Klinik fur Gynakologie und Geburtshilfe, Interdisziplinäres Brustzentrum, Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Berlin D 13125, Germany
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2011:138-41. 2011..The decision to proceed with NACT is depending on several considerations including surgical aspects, pretreatment diagnostic evaluations, and efficacy monitoring as well as biological aspects to predict response...
- Neoadjuvant clinical trials for the treatment of primary breast cancer: the experience of the German study groupsMichael Untch
Department of Gynecology, Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Berlin, Germany
Curr Oncol Rep 14:27-34. 2012..This article summarizes the results of the neoadjuvant trials that have been conducted by the German study groups, outlines ongoing clinical research projects, and discusses concepts for future clinical trials...
- First-line trastuzumab plus epirubicin and cyclophosphamide therapy in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer: cardiac safety and efficacy data from the Herceptin, Cyclophosphamide, and Epirubicin (HERCULEMichael Untch
Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Frauenheilkunde mit Geburtshilfe, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:1473-80. 2010..The Herceptin, Cyclophosphamide, and Epirubicin (HERCULES) trial evaluated trastuzumab plus cyclophosphamide and the less cardiotoxic anthracycline epirubicin...
- Lapatinib versus trastuzumab in combination with neoadjuvant anthracycline-taxane-based chemotherapy (GeparQuinto, GBG 44): a randomised phase 3 trialMichael Untch
HELIOS Klinikum, Berlin Buch, Berlin, Germany
Lancet Oncol 13:135-44. 2012..We compared the efficacy and safety of the addition of lapatinib versus trastuzumab to anthracycline-taxane-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Monitoring serum HER2 levels during neoadjuvant trastuzumab treatment within the GeparQuattro trialIsabell Witzel
Department of Gynecology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 123:437-45. 2010..89, P = 0.049). In HER2-negative patients, we observed no association between sHER2 levels and pCR (P > 0.05). Monitoring sHER2 levels in the presence of anti-HER2 treatment might be an adjunct to the clinical evaluation during NT...
- Intensive dose-dense compared with conventionally scheduled preoperative chemotherapy for high-risk primary breast cancerMichael Untch
HELIOS Klinikum, Campus Berlin Buch, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:2938-45. 2009..To compare preoperative intense dose-dense (IDD) chemotherapy with conventionally scheduled preoperative chemotherapy in high-risk primary breast cancer (BC)...
- Recommendations from an international expert panel on the use of neoadjuvant (primary) systemic treatment of operable breast cancer: an updateManfred Kaufmann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, J W Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:1940-9. 2006..As part of this effort, data published to date were reviewed critically and indications for neoadjuvant treatment were newly defined...
- Monitoring primary systemic therapy of large and locally advanced breast cancer by using sequential positron emission tomography imaging with [18F]fluorodeoxyglucoseJörg Schwarz-Dose
Department of Gynecology, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:535-41. 2009..To evaluate positron emission tomography (PET) using [(18)F]fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) for prediction of histopathologic response early during primary systemic therapy of large or locally advanced breast cancer...
- Breast cancer and pregnancy: challenges of chemotherapyMiriam S Lenhard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Campus Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, 80337 Munich, Germany
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 67:196-203. 2008..As evidence-based data on diagnostics and treatment is lacking, current recommendations mostly derive from nonrandomized experiences. We reviewed the current literature with focus on chemotherapy during pregnancy and lactation...
- Phase I trial of the trifunctional anti-HER2 x anti-CD3 antibody ertumaxomab in metastatic breast cancerPhilipp Kiewe
Department of Haematology, Oncology, and Transfusion Medicine, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:3085-91. 2006..Patients with metastatic breast cancer were enrolled into a multicenter phase I dose-escalating trial...
- Optimal treatment strategies in hormone-responsive early breast cancer: the role of aromatase inhibitorsMichael Untch
Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Frauenklinik mit Geburtshilfe, Berlin, Germany
Onkologie 30:55-64. 2007....
- Update on neoadjuvant/preoperative therapy of breast cancer: experiences from the German Breast GroupGunter von Minckwitz
German Breast Group, Neu Isenburg, Germany
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 25:66-73. 2013..Neoadjuvant treatment is used by an increased number of patients with breast cancer. This study reviews the current literature on how new research findings have impacted patients and treatment selection...
- Phyllodes tumour of the breast: clinical follow-up of 33 cases of this rare diseaseMiriam S Lenhard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Munich, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Grosshadern, Marchioninistrasse 15, Munich, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 138:217-21. 2008..The "cystosarcoma phyllodes" of the breast is a rare entity which accounts for 0.5% of all breast neoplasms. The aim of our study was to analyse the clinical management with respect to patient outcome...
- Management of cytotoxic extravasation - ASORS expert opinion for diagnosis, prevention and treatmentMaike de Wit
Klinik für Innere Medizin Hämatologie und Onkologie, Vivantes Klinikum Neukölln, Berlin, Germany
Onkologie 36:127-35. 2013..The German working group for Supportive Care in Cancer (ASORS) has prepared an expert opinion for the diagnosis, prophylaxis and management of cytotoxic extravasation based on an interdisciplinary expert panel...
- Exemestane in early breast cancer: a reviewMichael Untch
Interdisciplinary Breast Centre, Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, University Charité, Berlin, Germany
Ther Clin Risk Manag 4:1295-304. 2008....