Torsten T Bauer
Affiliation: HELIOS Klinikum Wuppertal
- Gemcitabine combined with oxaliplatin in pretreated patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma: an observational studyAthanasios Xanthopoulos
Respiratory Diseases Clinic Heckeshorn, Department of Pneumology, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Berlin, Germany
J Occup Med Toxicol 3:34. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy and safety of oxaliplatin +/- gemcitabine in patients with diffuse malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) pretreated with pemetrexed...
- Development and evaluation of a computer-based medical work assessment programmeStefanie Mache
Institute of Occupational Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Free University and Humboldt University, Thielallee 69 73, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Occup Med Toxicol 3:35. 2008..In addition reliability and validity data of this instrument will be demonstrated...
- Value of flexible bronchoscopy in the pre-operative work-up of solitary pulmonary nodulesCarsten Schwarz
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Christiane Herzog Zentrum, Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Berlin, Germany
Eur Respir J 41:177-82. 2013..Flexible bronchoscopy changed the planned surgical approach in five cases substantially. These results suggest that routine flexible bronchoscopy should be included in the regular pre-operative work-up of patients with SPN...
- Minimal inhibitory concentrations of first-line drugs of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis isolatesNicolas Schönfeld
Department of Pneumology, Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Walterhöferstr 11, Berlin, Germany
Lung India 29:309-12. 2012..The treatment of multidrug-resistant (MDR) and extensively drug-resistant (XDR) tuberculosis (TB) is consistently difficult. Besides resistances, drug availability can be problematic and costs for therapy are high...
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome and pneumonia: a comprehensive review of clinical dataTorsten T Bauer
HELIOS Clinic Emil von Behring, Respiratory Diseases Clinic Heckeshorn, Berlin, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 43:748-56. 2006..Respiratory viruses have received particular attention, but this review suggests that infections with coronavirus and avian influenza virus (H5N1) are associated with a high incidence of ARDS...
- The novel human influenza A(H7N9) virus is naturally adapted to efficient growth in human lung tissueJessica Knepper
Division of Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, Germany
MBio 4:e00601-13. 2013....
- Metastasectomy for synchronous solitary non-small cell lung cancer metastasesMario Tönnies
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Heckeshorn Lung Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 98:249-56. 2014..Surgical treatment of patients with limited metastatic lesions from non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) remains controversial; however, reports suggest that a subset of patients may benefit from complete resection including metastasectomy...
- Morphometrical analysis of transbronchial cryobiopsiesSergej Griff
Institute of Pathology, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Berlin, Germany
Diagn Pathol 6:53. 2011..The alveolar tissue of crybiopsy specimens did not show any artefacts. Based on these results cryotechnique seems to open up new perspectives in bronchoscopic diagnosis of lung disease...
- Streptococcus pneumoniae-induced regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 in human lung tissueKolja V Szymanski
Dept of Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases and Pulmonary Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur Respir J 40:1458-67. 2012..Overall, cell type-specific and MAPK-dependent cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin E(2) formation in human lung tissue may play an important role in the early phase of pneumococcal infections...
- The use of interferon gamma release assays in the diagnosis of active tuberculosisSilvan M Vesenbeckh
Department of Pneumology, Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, 14165 Berlin, Germany
Tuberc Res Treat 2012:768723. 2012..82. We recommend establishing a new cut-off value for the differential diagnosis of active tuberculosis assessed by prospective clinical studies and in various regions with high and low prevalence of tuberculosis...
- Narrow band imaging (NBI) during medical thoracoscopy: first impressionsNicolas Schönfeld
Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Berlin, Germany
J Occup Med Toxicol 4:24. 2009..This is the first ever evaluation of narrow band imaging (NBI), an innovative endoscopic imaging procedure, for the visualisation of pleural processes...