Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Ultrasound-guided botulinum toxin injection technique for the iliopsoas muscleBettina Westhoff
Department of Orthopaedics, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf, Germany
Dev Med Child Neurol 45:829-32. 2003..2001, Deleplanque et al. 2002, Lubik et al. 2002). In Perthes disease, BTX-A injections in the iliopsoas muscle and the adductors may prevent a fixed deformity, which is a negative prognostic factor...
- [Treatment of recurrent clubfoot and residual deformities after congenital clubfoot]B Westhoff
Orthopadische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40225, Dusseldorf, Deutschland
Orthopade 42:418-26. 2013..Therefore, the best and most efficient treatment for recurrent clubfoot is prevention in the form of consistent primary treatment, consistently wearing braces and regular follow-up examinations...
- Computerized gait analysis in Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease--analysis of the sagittal planeB Westhoff
University of Duesseldorf, Medical Faculty, Department of Orthopaedics, Moorenstr 5, D 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Gait Posture 35:541-6. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate the sagittal plane kinematics and the effect on hip joint loading on the affected hip in children with LCPD...
- The gait function of slipped capital femoral epiphysis in patients after growth arrest and its correlation with the clinical outcomeBettina Westhoff
Medical Faculty, Department of Orthopaedics, University of Duesseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40225, Duesseldorf, Germany
Int Orthop 36:1031-8. 2012..The functional outcome of SCFE-patients after growth arrest is analysed by instrumented 3D-gait analysis (GA). The results are matched to the clinical examination findings...
- [Spastic equinus foot]B Westhoff
Klinik fur Orthopadie und Orthopadische Chirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Moorenstraße 5, 40225, Dusseldorf, Deutschland
Orthopade 40:637-47. 2011..Especially in bilateral spastic cerebral palsy, the increased risk of causing talipes calcaneovalgus and crouch gait has to be considered...
- Correlation of functional outcome and X-ray findings after Perthes diseaseBettina Westhoff
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf, Germany
Int Orthop 35:1833-7. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the functional impairments during gait after Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease (LCPD) and to correlate these data with the clinical and radiographic outcome...
- The value of ultrasound after shoulder arthroplastyB Westhoff
Department of Orthopedics, Heinrich Heine University Hospital Duesseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Skeletal Radiol 31:695-701. 2002..This study was undertaken to evaluate whether sonography is a useful tool in the diagnosis of soft tissue disorders as a possible cause for discomfort and/or pain after shoulder arthroplasty...
- [Axes of the legs in childhood. What is pathologic?]B Westhoff
Orthopadische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Heinrich Heine Universitat, 40225, Dusseldorf
Orthopade 36:485-98; quiz 499-500. 2007..Further apparative diagnostic procedures help to elucidate the etiology and are essential for surgical planning. Nonoperative treatment alone is rarely sufficient to influence the deformity...
- Urinary excretion of deoxypyridinoline in Perthes' disease: a prospective, controlled comparative study in 83 childrenB Westhoff
Department of Orthopaedics, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, D 40225, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:967-71. 2006..Urinary levels of DPD may therefore be used to monitor the course of Perthes' disease...
- Computerized gait analysis in Legg Calvé Perthes disease--analysis of the frontal planeBettina Westhoff
Department of Orthopaedics, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstr 5, D 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Gait Posture 24:196-202. 2006..J Pediatr Orthop 2004;24:257-64.]. The objective of this study was to evaluate the frontal plane kinematics and the effect on hip joint loading on the affected side in children with a radiographic diagnosis of LCPD...
- [Development of the leg axis in childhood and treatment options for deformities near the knee joint]B Westhoff
Orthopadische Klinik, Universitat Dusseldorf
Orthopade 31:1198-208; quiz 1208-9. 2002
- Magnetic resonance imaging after reduction for congenital dislocation of the hipB Westhoff
Department of Orthopaedics, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 123:289-92. 2003..e. avascular necrosis. The objective of this study is to evaluate the necessity of verifying the reduced position of the articulation in the plaster cast...
- [How reliable are data from 3d-gait analysis]B Westhoff
Orthopädische Klinik der Heinrich Heine Universität, Dusseldorf
Sportverletz Sportschaden 18:76-9. 2004..The aim of the present study was to collect preliminary data to determine the test-retest reliability in healthy subjects using 3-dimensional computerised gait analysis...
- Ulna/height ratio as clinical parameter separating EXT1 from EXT2 families?Barbara Leube
Institute of Human Genetics, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf, Germany
Genet Test 12:129-33. 2008..One family remains undetermined. We found a tendency to a more severe phenotype in EXT1 families. As a novel finding, we could identify a single parameter (ulna/height ratio) that separates EXT1 family from EXT2 family in our series...
- Significance of clinical and radiographic findings in young adults after slipped capital femoral epiphysisChristoph Zilkens
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital of Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf, Germany
Int Orthop 35:1295-301. 2011..1 ± 3.8 years. We conclude that clinical and radiographic signs of joint degeneration appear early in the follow-up after SCFE, but there is no linear correlation between offset-pathology and joint degeneration...
- The 8-plate versus physeal stapling for temporary hemiepiphyseodesis correcting genu valgum and genu varum: a retrospective analysis of thirty five patientsEva Maria Jelinek
Orthopaedic Department, University Hospital, Moorenstr 5, 40225, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int Orthop 36:599-605. 2012..The purpose of this study was to compare physeal stapling with 8-plate hemi-epiphyseodesis. We focused on evaluating deformity correction, complication rate and duration of the procedures...
- Clinical presentation of young adults after Legg-Calvé-Perthes diseaseChristoph Zilkens
Department of Orthopaedics, Heinrich Heine University Medical School, Duesseldorf, Germany
Acta Orthop Belg 75:754-60. 2009..Deterioration of hip joint function and onset of pain were found to manifest early in the intermediate follow-up of LCPD and to correlate with the residual hip deformity...
- Efficiency of iloprost treatment for chemotherapy-associated osteonecrosis after childhood cancerMarcus Jager
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Heinrich Heine University Medical School, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Anticancer Res 29:3433-40. 2009..The risk of developing avascular osteonecrosis (AVN) after chemotherapy is age related and, at up to 17% of all treated patients, relatively high...
- In vitro osteogenic differentiation is affected in Wiedemann-Rautenstrauch-Syndrome (WRS)Marcus Jager
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedics, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf Moorenstr 5, D 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
In Vivo 19:831-6. 2005..To date, there are no data about the differentiation capacity of WRS progenitor cells available in the literature...
- Femoroacetabular impingement caused by a femoral osseous head-neck bump deformity: clinical, radiological, and experimental resultsMarcus Jager
Department of Orthopedics, Heinrich Heine University Hospital Duesseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, D 40225, Duesseldorf, Germany
J Orthop Sci 9:256-63. 2004..In contrast, no nonoperatively treated patients improved. Furthermore, immunohistochemical studies showed perilesional recruitment of osteoprogenitor cells...
- Clinical outcome and genotype in patients with hereditary multiple exostosesMarcus Jager
Department of Orthopaedics, Heinrich Heine University Hospital Duesseldorf, Moorenstr 5, D 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
J Orthop Res 25:1541-51. 2007..c) 2007 Orthopaedic Research Society. Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Orthop Res 25:1541-1551, 2007...
- Approach to the management of slipped capital femoral epiphysis and primary hyperparathyroidismTarik El Scheich
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Pulmonology, Medical Faculty, University of Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf, Germany
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 25:407-12. 2012..Worldwide, only nine cases of revealing slipped capital femoral epiphysis (SCFE) associated with primary hyperparathyroidism (PHP) have been reported...
- Association between botulinum toxin injection into the arm and changes in gait in adults after strokeMark A Hirsch
Charlotte Institute of Rehabilitation, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203, USA
Mov Disord 20:1014-20. 2005..Injection of BTX into the upper extremity is associated with a change in hemiparetic leg stride-time and ankle and knee ROM. There is a variability of response, with slow striders improving to a greater extent than fast striders...
- Radiological evaluation of unstable (acute) slipped capital femoral epiphysis treated by pinning with Kirschner wiresKonrad Seller
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Pediatr Orthop B 15:328-34. 2006....