Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Cocoa flavanols lower vascular arginase activity in human endothelial cells in vitro and in erythrocytes in vivoOliver Schnorr
Institute for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Building 22 03, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Universitaetsstrasse 1, D 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Arch Biochem Biophys 476:211-5. 2008..Dietary intervention with flavanol-rich cocoa caused diminished arginase activity in rat kidney and, erythrocyte arginase activity was lowered in healthy humans following consumption of a high flavanol beverage in vivo...
- The importance of cationic amino acid transporter expression in human skinOliver Schnorr
Research Group Immunobiology, Biomedical Research Center, University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 120:1016-22. 2003....
- Arginase-1 overexpression induces cationic amino acid transporter-1 in psoriasisOliver Schnorr
Institute for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Building 22 03, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Universitaetsstr 1, D 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Free Radic Biol Med 38:1073-9. 2005..In summary, arginase-1 overexpression leads to upregulated CAT-1 expression in psoriatic skin, which is due to lowered intracellular l-arginine levels and limits NO synthesis at physiological l-arginine concentrations...
- Limited availability of L-arginine increases DNA-binding activity of NF-kappaB and contributes to regulation of iNOS expressionGuido Kagemann
Institute for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Heinrich Heine University of Duesseldorf, Universitaetsstr 1, 40225, Duesseldorf, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:723-32. 2007....
- Critical role of L-arginine in endothelial cell survival during oxidative stressChristoph V Suschek
Research Group Immunobiology, Geb 23 12 02, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, PO Box 10 10 07, D 40001 Duesseldorf, Germany
Circulation 107:2607-14. 2003....
- Solar-simulated radiation induces secretion of IL-6 and production of isoprostanes in human skin in vivoMichaela Kuhn
Institute for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Building 22 03, Universitaetsstr 1, 40225, Duesseldorf, Germany
Arch Dermatol Res 297:477-9. 2006..The differential expression and release of cytokines, and the extent of oxidative damage might therefore depend on the dose and regimen of exposure to solar-simulated radiation...
- Arginase 1 overexpression in psoriasis: limitation of inducible nitric oxide synthase activity as a molecular mechanism for keratinocyte hyperproliferationDaniela Bruch-Gerharz
Research Group Immunobiology, University of Duesseldorf, Germany
Am J Pathol 162:203-11. 2003..This link may have substantial implications for the pathophysiology of psoriasis and the development of new treatment strategies...
- UVB radiation-mediated expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase activity and the augmenting role of co-induced TNF-alpha in human skin endothelial cellsChristoph Viktor Suschek
Research Group Immunobiology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 123:950-7. 2004..In summary, UVB induces iNOS mRNA and enzyme activity in HUDEC. Moreover, UVB augments CAT-2 expression through a TNF-alpha- dependent mechanism which essentially contributes to increased iNOS activity...
- The presence of nitrite during UVA irradiation protects from apoptosisChristoph V Suschek
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Research Group Immunobiology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
FASEB J 17:2342-4. 2003..In conclusion, evidence is presented that nitrite represents a protective agent against UVA-induced apoptosis due to photodecomposition of nitrite and subsequent formation of NO...
- Impact of Mycoplasma hyorhinis infection on L-arginine metabolism: differential regulation of the human and murine iNOS geneGuido Kagemann
Institute for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Universitatsstr 1, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Biol Chem 386:1055-63. 2005..Our study underlines the importance of routine checking of cell cultures for mycoplasma contamination, particularly in studies on NO-mediated effects or inflammatory processes...
- Specific iNOS-targeted antisense knockdown in endothelial cellsKarsten Hemmrich
Research Group Immunobiology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, D 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 285:C489-98. 2003..We also expose application problems of this technique when working in inflammatory conditions...
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 enhances the antifibrinolytic and prothrombotic state of growing endothelial cells in a cell cycle-specific mannerVolker R Stoldt
Department of Hemostasis and Transfusion Medicine, Laboratory of Vascular Biology, Heinrich Heine University Medical Center, Bldg 12 49 00, Rm 9, Moorenstr 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
FASEB J 20:965-6. 2006..These findings demonstrate that the expression of a subset of hemostatically relevant proteins is regulated during endothelial cell cycle and that TGF-beta1 can differentially modulate cell cycle-controlled protein expression...
- The role of iNOS in chronic inflammatory processes in vivo: is it damage-promoting, protective, or active at all?Christoph V Suschek
Department of Immunobiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, P O Box 101007, D 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
Curr Mol Med 4:763-75. 2004....