Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Risk factors associated with older age in treatment-naive HIV-positive patientsStefan Reuter
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Dusseldorf, Germany
Intervirology 55:147-53. 2012..In order to improve care for older HIV patients, we intended to gain insight into the specific features of transmission, epidemiology, immunology and antiretroviral treatment (ART) of this population...
- Prognostic factors for invasive aspergillosis in patients with haematological malignanciesStefan Reuter
Division of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine III Haematology, Oncology, Rheumatology and Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Ulm, Ulm
Scand J Infect Dis 41:483-90. 2009..In these settings, increased efforts of prevention, early diagnosis and aggressive treatment of IA are warranted in order to improve survival...
- Combined albendazole and amphotericin B against Echinococcus multilocularis in vitroStefan Reuter
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Ulm, Germany
Acta Trop 115:270-4. 2010..If our in vitro results hold true in vivo, sequential application of ABZ and AMB would be an effective means for long-term suppression of larval growth. Long-term tolerance of both drugs could be improved by a reduction of side effects...
- Maraviroc in treatment-experienced patients with HIV-1 infection - experience from routine clinical practiceS Reuter
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious, University Hospital, Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur J Med Res 15:231-7. 2010..Few data are available about the efficacy of maraviroc (MVC) during routine use. We characterized indications for MVC use and the efficacy of MVC in clinical practice...
- Prevalence and characteristics of hepatitis B and C virus infections in treatment-naïve HIV-infected patientsStefan Reuter
Clinic of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Med Microbiol Immunol 200:39-49. 2011..OHBV infection constituted almost half of all HBV infections with detectable HBV DNA. Due to a lack of risk factors indicating OHBV infection, HBV diagnosis should not only include serological markers but also the detection of HBV DNA...
- Changes in the HIV-1 mutational profile before first-line HAART in the RESINA cohortStefan Reuter
Department of Gaastroenterology, Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Med Virol 83:187-95. 2011....
- Palliative operation for the treatment of alveolar echinococcosisKlaus Buttenschoen
General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstrasse 9, 89075, Ulm, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:199-204. 2009..Even so, palliative resections are carried out, although cure cannot be achieved. As conservative treatment has improved, the role of palliative surgical procedures has to be redefined...
- Structured treatment interruption in patients with alveolar echinococcosisStefan Reuter
Section of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine III, University Hospital of Ulm, Germany
Hepatology 39:509-17. 2004..If permanent discontinuation of benzimidazoles is attempted, the course of disease should be followed by PET...
- In vitro activities of itraconazole, methiazole, and nitazoxanide versus Echinococcus multilocularis larvaeStefan Reuter
Section of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Immunology, University Hospital of Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2966-70. 2006..The combination of NTZ plus ABZ was parasitocidal in vitro. Animal experiments are warranted for studies of dose, toxicity, and drug interactions...
- Salvage treatment with amphotericin B in progressive human alveolar echinococcosisStefan Reuter
Section of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine III, University Hospital of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3586-91. 2003..Amphotericin B is not parasitocidal; therefore long-term treatment has to be anticipated...
- Assessment of disease activity in alveolar echinococcosis: a comparison of contrast enhanced ultrasound, three-phase helical CT and [(18)F] fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomographyAlexander R Ehrhardt
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, 89081, Ulm, Germany
Abdom Imaging 32:730-6. 2007....
- Long-term experience on surgical treatment of alveolar echinococcosisKlaus Buttenschoen
Department of General Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstrasse 9, 89075, Ulm, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:689-98. 2009..Alveolar echinococcosis (AE) is life-threatening and reports on surgical procedures and results are rare, but essential...
- Impeded Th1 CD4 memory T cell generation in chronic-persisting liver infection with Echinococcus multilocularisBurkhard J Manfras
Division of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulm, Robert Koch Strasse 8, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Int Immunol 16:43-50. 2004..Whether the antigen-specific cellular hyporesponsiveness with impeded T(h)1 CD4(+) memory T cell generation is a cause or a result of the progressive metacestode activity remains to be determined...
- Cytochrome P450 2B6 (CYP2B6) and constitutive androstane receptor (CAR) polymorphisms are associated with early discontinuation of efavirenz-containing regimensChristoph Wyen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:2092-8. 2011....
- Effect of amphotericin B on larval growth of Echinococcus multilocularisStefan Reuter
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:620-5. 2003..It holds promise as an effective treatment option for otherwise fatal courses of disease...
- Early clinical experiences with the new influenza A (H1N1/09)Ralf Winzer
Klinik fur Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Infektiologie, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Dtsch Arztebl Int 106:770-6. 2009..This means that the spread of the disease must be closely monitored...
- Impact of fluoroquinolone prophylaxis on reduced infection-related mortality among patients with neutropenia and hematologic malignanciesStefan Reuter
Section of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital of Ulm, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 40:1087-93. 2005..Bacterial antimicrobial resistance is likely to cause a progressive lack of efficacy of fluoroquinolones, but no convincing evidence from clinicoepidemiologic observations has proved this hypothesis...
- Risk adapted transmission prophylaxis to prevent vertical HIV-1 transmission: effectiveness and safety of an abbreviated regimen of postnatal oral zidovudineJennifer Neubert
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Center for Child and Adolescent Health, Medical Faculty, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:22. 2013..The objective of this study was to investigate the effectiveness and safety of a risk adapted two week course of oral postnatal ZDV as part of a combined intervention to reduce MTCT...
- Analysis of transmission pathways of Pseudomonas aeruginosa between patients and tap water outletsStefan Reuter
Departments of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University Hospital of Ulm, Germany
Crit Care Med 30:2222-8. 2002..To study the association between infection and faucet contamination in a surgical intensive care unit (SICU)...