Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Munk C, Jensen B, Zielonka J, Haussinger D, Kamp C. Running loose or getting lost: how HIV-1 counters and capitalizes on APOBEC3-induced mutagenesis through its Vif protein. Viruses. 2012;4:3132-61 pubmed publisher..Both experimental evidence and the substantiation of the underlying dynamics through coevolutionary models are presented as complementary views of a coevolutionary arms race. ..
- BÃ¤hr A, Singer A, Hain A, Vasudevan A, Schilling M, Reh J, et al. Interferon but not MxB inhibits foamy retroviruses. Virology. 2016;488:51-60 pubmed publisher..IFN-Î² treated THP-1 and THP-1 KO MxB cells showed the same extend of restriction to FV. Together, the data demonstrate that IFN-Î² inhibits FV early in infection and that MxB is not a restriction factor of FV. ..
- Zhang Z, Gu Q, Jaguva Vasudevan A, Hain A, Kloke B, Hasheminasab S, et al. Determinants of FIV and HIV Vif sensitivity of feline APOBEC3 restriction factors. Retrovirology. 2016;13:46 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate a specific and different A3 evolution in cats and human. ..
- Jaguva Vasudevan A, Hofmann H, Willbold D, Haussinger D, Koenig B, Munk C. Enhancing the Catalytic Deamination Activity of APOBEC3C Is Insufficient to Inhibit Vif-Deficient HIV-1. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:1171-1191 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the enhanced enzymatic activity of A3C is insufficient to restrict HIV-1, indicating an unknown escape mechanism of HIV-1. ..
- Jaguva Vasudevan A, Goering W, Haussinger D, Munk C. Detection of APOBEC3 Proteins and Catalytic Activity in Urothelial Carcinoma. Methods Mol Biol. 2018;1655:97-107 pubmed publisher..Here we combine independent immunoblotting with an in vitro activity assay technique, to detect and categorize specific A3s expressed in urothelial bladder cancer and other cancer cells. ..
- Gu Q, Zhang Z, Gertzen C, Haussinger D, Gohlke H, Munk C. Identification of a Conserved Interface of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus Vifs with Cullin 5. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..While our structural model suggests that the diverse FIV and HIV-1 Vifs use conserved residues for Cullin 5 binding, FIV Vif binds Cullin 5 independently of zinc, in contrast to HIV-1 Vif. ..