Tatiana M Korotkova
Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Histamine excites noradrenergic neurons in locus coeruleus in ratsTatiana M Korotkova
Institute of Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine University, Universitaetstrasse 1, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Neuropharmacology 49:129-34. 2005..These findings underline the coordination between aminergic systems and suggest that the arousal induced by the histamine system could involve excitation of noradrenergic neurons in the locus coeruleus...
- Functional diversity of ventral midbrain dopamine and GABAergic neuronsTatiana M Korotkova
Institute of Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40001 Duesseldorf, Germany
Mol Neurobiol 29:243-59. 2004....
- Histamine excites GABAergic cells in the rat substantia nigra and ventral tegmental area in vitroTatiana M Korotkova
Institute for Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40001, Duesseldorf, Germany
Neurosci Lett 320:133-6. 2002..Our results suggest that histamine does not directly inhibit dopaminergic neurons in SN and VTA, but rather that this inhibition is mediated through histamine-induced excitation of GABAergic neurons...
- Excitation of ventral tegmental area dopaminergic and nondopaminergic neurons by orexins/hypocretinsTatiana M Korotkova
Institut fur Neurophysiologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat, D 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neurosci 23:7-11. 2003..In narcolepsy, in which the orexin system is disrupted, dysfunction of the orexin modulation of VTA neurons may be important in triggering attacks of cataplexy...
- Effects of arousal- and feeding-related neuropeptides on dopaminergic and GABAergic neurons in the ventral tegmental area of the ratT M Korotkova
Institute for Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 23:2677-85. 2006..These findings suggest a link between the ability of neuropeptides to promote arousal and their action on VTA neurons...
- Co-expression of non-selective cation channels of the transient receptor potential canonical family in central aminergic neuronesOlga A Sergeeva
Department of Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neurochem 85:1547-52. 2003..We conclude that several TRPC channel populations exist in individual neurones and that their subunit co-expression pattern is region and cell-type specific...
- Selective excitation of GABAergic neurons in the substantia nigra of the rat by orexin/hypocretin in vitroTatiana M Korotkova
Institut fur Neurophysiologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat, D 40001, Dusseldorf, Germany
Regul Pept 104:83-9. 2002..The orexin excitation of SN reticulata cells may help to maintain their high firing rate during waking. Furthermore, the absence of orexin effects in narcolepsy may predispose affected individuals to attacks of cataplexy...
- Aminergic control of high-frequency (approximately 200 Hz) network oscillations in the hippocampus of the behaving ratAlexei A Ponomarenko
Department of Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40001, Dusseldorf, Germany
Neurosci Lett 348:101-4. 2003..In the light of these divergent actions via different receptor subtypes the net effect of aminergic innervations will be determined by their state-dependent activities and mutual interactions as well as receptor localizations...
- Differential expression of the homeobox gene Pitx3 in midbrain dopaminergic neuronsTatiana M Korotkova
Institute of Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine University, Physiology II, POB 101007, Duesseldorf, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 22:1287-93. 2005..A higher Pitx3 expression level and higher coexpression of Pitx3 and CB in VTA than in SN neurons may contribute to the different vulnerability of these dopaminergic nuclei to neurodegeneration...
- P2Y receptor-mediated excitation in the posterior hypothalamusOlga A Sergeeva
Department of Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine Universitat, POB 101007, D 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 24:1413-26. 2006..Excitation of the wake-active TMN neurons by nucleotides and the lack of adenosine action may be important factors in sleep-wake regulation...
- Frequency of network synchronization in the hippocampus marks learningAlexey A Ponomarenko
Institute of Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 27:3035-42. 2008..Thus, in addition to the known replay of neuronal firing patterns during ripple oscillations, the rhythm itself appears to be modulated in an experience-specific way and represents a direct correlate of learning...
- High frequency (200 Hz) oscillations and firing patterns in the basolateral amygdala and dorsal endopiriform nucleus of the behaving ratAlexei A Ponomarenko
Department of Physiology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
Behav Brain Res 141:123-9. 2003..These data suggest common principles of temporal coding in BL and EPN in certain behavioural states via short scale population synchrony though they convey signals of different modalities...