Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Jager M, Zilkens C, Westhoff B, Jelinek E, Kozina G, Krauspe R. Efficiency of iloprost treatment for chemotherapy-associated osteonecrosis after childhood cancer. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:3433-40 pubmed..Our current data confirm the findings of other investigators that healing of advanced stages of AVN is not possible, but that in early stages of AVN, pain relief and an improvement of joint function can be achieved by iloprost. ..
- Jager M, Tillmann F, Thornhill T, Mahmoudi M, Blondin D, Hetzel G, et al. Rationale for prostaglandin I2 in bone marrow oedema--from theory to application. Arthritis Res Ther. 2008;10:R120 pubmed publisher..We found a significant decrease in BME on MRI scans after iloprost application. In addition to other drugs, iloprost may be an alternative substance which should be considered in the treatment of BME/AVN-associated pain. ..
- Jager M, Schultheis A, Westhoff B, Krauspe R. Osteogenic progenitor cell potency after high-dose chemotherapy (COSS-96). Anticancer Res. 2005;25:947-54 pubmed..The uniform treatment concept of a high-dose polychemotherapy pre- and postoperatively improved the survival rate of these patients significantly. One severe side-effect of COSS chemotherapy is multiple osteonecrosis...
- Jager M, Westhoff B, Portier S, Leube B, Hardt K, Royer Pokora B, et al. Clinical outcome and genotype in patients with hereditary multiple exostoses. J Orthop Res. 2007;25:1541-51 pubmed..c) 2007 Orthopaedic Research Society. Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Orthop Res 25:1541-1551, 2007...
- Jager M, Westhoff B, Zilkens C, Weimann Stahlschmidt K, Krauspe R. [Indications and results of corrective pelvic osteotomies in developmental dysplasia of the hip]. Orthopade. 2008;37:556-70, 572-4, 576 pubmed publisher..The aim of these procedures is to prevent early secondary osteoarthritis. For patients and families as well as for the orthopaedist, risk-benefit analysis is of major interest...
- Jager M, Jelinek E, Wess K, Scharfstädt A, Jacobson M, Kevy S, et al. Bone marrow concentrate: a novel strategy for bone defect treatment. Curr Stem Cell Res Ther. 2009;4:34-43 pubmed..Although strong efforts have been made over the last decade to introduce stem cell and tissue engineering treatment strategies to the field of orthopaedics, only few clinical applications are currently available...