Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Intact functional inhibition in the surround of experimentally induced focal cortical dysplasias in ratsG Hagemann
Department of Neurology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
J Neurophysiol 84:600-3. 2000..Our results show that despite prominent hyperexcitability in the surround of ibotenate-induced cortical dysplasias the inhibitory network appears to be functionally intact...
- [Cortical dysgenesis: current classification, MRI diagnosis, and clinical review]G Hagemann
Neurologische Klinik der Heinrich Heine Universität, Dusseldorf
Nervenarzt 71:616-28. 2000..Besides routine MRI applications, some experimental techniques are discussed which may help to identify even subtle alterations...
- Differentiation of GABA(A) receptors in subcortical heterotopias: subunit distribution of displaced cortex reflects original commitmentG Hagemann
Department of Neurology, Heinrich-Heine-University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Neuroreport 12:3413-7. 2001..These results point towards detailed innate determinants of cell fate which even contain information on receptor subunit distribution and are not affected by ectopic positioning...
- Distribution of glutamate receptor subunits in experimentally induced cortical malformationsG Hagemann
Department of Neurology, Friedrich Schiller University, Philosophenweg 3, D 07740, Jena, Germany
Neuroscience 117:991-1002. 2003....
- Recurrent posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES)G Hagemann
Department of Neurology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
J Hum Hypertens 18:287-9. 2004..Clinicians as well as radiologists must be familiar with this clinically frightening, underdiagnosed condition to assure timely diagnosis and treatment to prevent persistent deficits...
- Outcome after decompressive craniectomy in patients with severe ischemic strokeS Harscher
Department of Neurology, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Jena, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 148:31-7; discussion 37. 2006..Further randomized trials may prove useful to better define the indications, timing and prognosis for this procedure...
- Multiple reversible MR signal changes caused by Epstein-Barr virus encephalitisG Hagemann
Department of Neurology, Friedrich Schiller University, Erlanger Allee 101, 07740 Jena, Germany
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1447-9. 2006..EBV infection must be added to the list of differential diagnoses of (reversible) splenial lesions...
- Cerebellar volumes in newly diagnosed and chronic epilepsyG Hagemann
Department of Neurology, Heinrich Heine University, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
J Neurol 249:1651-8. 2002..The results do not support the proposition that cerebellar atrophy is a predisposing factor for epilepsy but rather are consistent with the view that cerebellar atrophy is the aftermath of epileptic seizures or anticonvulsant medication...