Affiliation: Duesseldorf University Hospital
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
- Wild M, Gehrmann S, Jungbluth P, Hakimi M, Thelen S, Betsch M, et al. Treatment strategies for intramedullary nailing of femoral shaft fractures. Orthopedics. 2010;33:726 pubmed publisher..The total rate of complications for intramedullary femoral nailing was low (4.9%), but a high rate of intraoperative femoral neck fractures was observed (1.4%). ..
- Gehrmann S, Tang J, Li Z, Goitz R, Windolf J, Kaufmann R. Motion deficit of the thumb in CMC joint arthritis. J Hand Surg Am. 2010;35:1449-53 pubmed publisher..01). Severe stages of thumb CMC OA cause an asymmetrical motion deficit with decreased ROM in extension and adduction, leading to decreased capability of counteropposition. ..
- Gehrmann S, Höhne K, Linhart W, Pflesser B, Pommert A, Riemer M, et al. A novel interactive anatomic atlas of the hand. Clin Anat. 2006;19:258-66 pubmed..In addition to being able to choose arbitrary viewpoints, it allows interrogation of the chosen views by mouse click. We believe the functions of these new kinds of atlases are superior to the classical ones. ..
- Schädel Höpfner M, Lögters T, Windolf J, Gehrmann S, Eisenschenk A, Junge A. [Current concepts in the treatment of mallet fractures of the distal phalanx]. Unfallchirurg. 2011;114:591-6 pubmed publisher..From the results of the survey and the review of the literature, a randomized trial of conservative and operative treatment has to be considered as a challenge. ..
- Wild M, Jungbluth P, Thelen S, Laffrée Q, Gehrmann S, Betsch M, et al. The dynamics of proximal femoral nails: a clinical comparison between PFNA and Targon PF. Orthopedics. 2010;33: pubmed publisher..The Targon PF demonstrates better dynamic properties than the PFNA under physiological load in vivo. A disadvantage of the Targon PF, however, is the more complicated surgical technique and the longer operative time. ..
- Gehrmann S, Wild M, Windolf J, Hakimi M. [Isolated fractures of the capitate: treatment of delayed union]. Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir. 2009;41:175-8 pubmed publisher..Bone healing was verified 3 months after operation. Operative therapy is recommended in cases of delayed union or non-union of the capitate. ..
- Gehrmann S, Kaufmann R, Li Z. Wrist circumduction reduced by finger constraints. J Hand Surg Am. 2008;33:1287-92 pubmed publisher..A clinical implication is that wrist motion should be assessed under standardized finger joint configuration. ..
- Gehrmann S, Windolf J, Kaufmann R. Distal radius fracture management in elderly patients: a literature review. J Hand Surg Am. 2008;33:421-9 pubmed publisher..Volar plating with fixed-angle screws may be particularly suitable for elderly patients who may take longer to heal a fracture, be more susceptible to pin-track infection, and demonstrate earlier tendon irritation leading to rupture. ..
- Scholz A, Gehrmann S, Glombitza M, Kaufmann R, Bostelmann R, Flohe S, et al. Reconstruction of septic diaphyseal bone defects with the induced membrane technique. Injury. 2015;46 Suppl 4:S121-4 pubmed publisher..The follow-up examination after 24 months revealed bony union in all cases and favorable functional results. The induced membrane technique has shown to be effective in treating bone defects of upper and lower extremity bone defects. ..
- Gehrmann S, Roeger T, Kaufmann R, Schaedle A, LÃ¶gters T, Windolf J. Wrist motion analysis in scaphoid nonunion. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2016;42:11-4 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that scaphoid nonunion without pain has motion deficits and may be poorly quantified with conventional manual goniometers. ..