Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Efficacy of pregabalin in neuropathic pain evaluated in a 12-week, randomised, double-blind, multicentre, placebo-controlled trial of flexible- and fixed-dose regimensRainer Freynhagen
Klinik fur Anaesthesiologie, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Pain 115:254-63. 2005..Pregabalin dosing aimed at optimal balance of efficacy and tolerability provides significant pain relief and may reduce risks for AEs and therapy discontinuation...
- The effect of mirtazapine in patients with chronic pain and concomitant depressionR Freynhagen
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Dusseldorf, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 22:257-64. 2006..To evaluate the safety, tolerability and efficacy of mirtazapine in patients with the primary diagnosis of chronic pain and concomitant depression in an open post-marketing surveillance study...
- [Effectiveness and time to onset of pregabalin in patients with neuropathic pain]R Freynhagen
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf
Schmerz 20:285-8, 290-2. 2006..The data from a previously published 12-week randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled multicentre study on the efficacy and safety of pregabalin were analyzed for time to onset of analgesic action with neuropathic pain...
- Efficacy and safety of pregabalin in treatment refractory patients with various neuropathic pain entities in clinical routineR Freynhagen
Department of Anaesthesiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Clin Pract 61:1989-96. 2007..We aimed to investigate pregabalin, a gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)-analogue, in a wide range of pregabalin naive patients with treatment refractory NeP...
- Nitric oxide and pro-inflammatory cytokines correlate with pain intensity in chronic pain patientsA Koch
Department of Anesthesiology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, 40225, Dusseldorf, Moorenstr 5, Germany
Inflamm Res 56:32-7. 2007..To document this, we investigated whether a range of cytokines and NO were detectable in the plasma of chronic pain patients and whether cytokine and NO levels correlated with pain severity...
- Racemic intrathecal mirtazapine but not its enantiomers acts anti-neuropathic after chronic constriction injury in ratsUta Muth-Selbach
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Moorenstr 5, Postfach 101007, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Brain Res Bull 79:63-8. 2009....
- Regeneration of baroafferents after implantation into different vesselsMarkus F Stevens
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Peripher Nerv Syst 12:40-9. 2007....
- Efficacy and safety of lacosamide in painful diabetic neuropathyDan Ziegler
nstitute for Clinical Diabetology, German Diabetes Center at the Heinrich Heine University, Leibniz Center for Diabetes Research, and the Department of Metabolic Diseases, University Hospital, Dusseldorf, Germany
Diabetes Care 33:839-41. 2010..To evaluate efficacy and safety of lacosamide compared with placebo in painful diabetic polyneuropathy...
- Mirtazapine and its enantiomers differentially modulate acute thermal nociception in ratsRainer Freynhagen
Klinik fur Anaesthesiologie, Moorenstrasse 5, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Brain Res Bull 69:168-73. 2006..As R(-)-mirtazapine exerts the antinociceptive activity of the racemic mixture it may be a putative candidate for an enantioselective use as analgesic...
- Increase in skin temperature after spinal anesthesia in infantsMartin Jetzek-Zader
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Reg Anesth Pain Med 31:519-22. 2006..Thus, the authors evaluated sympathetic block primarily by measurement of skin temperature and secondarily by determination of noninvasive blood pressure as an indirect sign of sympatholysis...
- Screening of neuropathic pain components in patients with chronic back pain associated with nerve root compression: a prospective observational pilot study (MIPORT)Rainer Freynhagen
Department of Anesthesiology, Heinrich Heine University, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 22:529-37. 2006..We also aimed to assess the usefulness of handheld computers (PDAs) in data collection...
- The evaluation of neuropathic components in low back painRainer Freynhagen
Department of Anaesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine, Pain Therapy and Palliative Care, Benedictus Krankenhaus Tutzing, Bahnhofstrasse 5, Tutzing 82327, Germany
Curr Pain Headache Rep 13:185-90. 2009..In connection with the specific instance of back pain (one of the single most costly disorders in many industrialized nations), neuropathic pain components are a significant cost factor...
- Antinociceptive effects of systemic lidocaine: involvement of the spinal glycinergic systemUta Muth-Selbach
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Duesseldorf, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 613:68-73. 2009....
- Imaging pain modulation by subanesthetic S-(+)-ketamineTill Sprenger
Neurologische Klinik und Poliklinik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Anesth Analg 103:729-37. 2006..This part of the anterior cingulate cortex (midcingulate cortex) has been linked with the affective pain component that underlines the potency of ketamine in modulating affective pain processing...
- Pregabalin for relief of neuropathic pain associated with diabetic neuropathy: a randomized, double-blind studyThomas Tölle
Neurologic Clinic, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Eur J Pain 12:203-13. 2008..0263 vs placebo). Pregabalin was well tolerated at all dosages; adverse events were generally mild to moderate. Number needed to harm (discontinuation because of adverse events) was 10.3 for pregabalin 600 mg/day...
- Switching from reservoir to matrix systems for the transdermal delivery of fentanyl: a prospective, multicenter pilot study in outpatients with chronic painRainer Freynhagen
Departments of Anesthesiology, University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Pain Symptom Manage 30:289-97. 2005..Reservoir and matrix systems appear to have comparable efficacy and safety so that outpatients can be switched directly from the reservoir to the matrix system without difficulties and new dose titration...
- Paper versus electronic rating scales for pain assessment: a prospective, randomised, cross-over validation study with 200 chronic pain patientsUwe Junker
Klinikum Remscheid, Abteilung Spezielle Schmerztherapie und Palliativmedizin, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 24:1797-806. 2008....
- painDETECT: a new screening questionnaire to identify neuropathic components in patients with back painRainer Freynhagen
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 22:1911-20. 2006....
- Pseudoradicular and radicular low-back pain--a disease continuum rather than different entities? Answers from quantitative sensory testingRainer Freynhagen
Department of Anesthesiology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Pain 135:65-74. 2008..The spatial incongruence of pain and sensory loss in pseudoradicular pain, however, may also indicate that the two are not causally related...
- Using screening tools to identify neuropathic painMichael I Bennett
Clinical Teaching and Research Unit, St Gemma s Hospice, 329 Harrogate Road, Leeds LS17 6QD, UK
Pain 127:199-203. 2007