Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Finding European bioethical literature: an evaluation of the leading abstracting and indexing servicesH Fangerau
Department of Medical Ethics and History of Medicine, Goettingen University, Humboldtallee 36, D 37073 Goettingen, Germany
J Med Ethics 30:299-303. 2004..The quantity of medical ethical literature that is indexed in different existing electronic bibliographies was ascertained...
- Scientific exchange: Jacques Loeb (1859-1924) and Emil Godlewski (1875-1944) as representatives of a transatlantic developmental biologyHeiner Fangerau
Institute for the History of Medicine, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Universitatsstrasse 1, 40225, Dusseldorf, Germany
Stud Hist Philos Biol Biomed Sci 38:608-17. 2007..Preconditions for success and failure in transferring science are examined...
- Can artificial parthenogenesis sidestep ethical pitfalls in human therapeutic cloning? An historical perspectiveH Fangerau
Institute for the History of Medicine, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Universitaetsstrasse 1, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Med Ethics 31:733-5. 2005..His research, the public's response to his findings, and his ethical foundations serve as an historical argument both for the communication of science and compromise in biological research...
- [The early history of transmissible spongiform encephalopathies exemplified by scrapie]K Schneider
Abteilung für Operative und Präventive Zahnheilkunde, Heinrich Heine Universität Westdeutsche Kieferklinik, Dusseldorf
Nervenarzt 78:156, 158-60, 162-5. 2007..The current work comprehensively summarizes the early literature available on TSE research...
- The early history of the transmissible spongiform encephalopathies exemplified by scrapieKurt Schneider
Department of Operative and Preventive Dentistry, Heinrich Heine University Westdeutsche Kieferklinik, Moorenstrasse 5, Building 18 13, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Brain Res Bull 77:343-55. 2008..A review of the historical literature is presented, describing the efforts in breeding, transmission experiments, and theories about the nature of the infectious agent...
- "Broca's area" as a collective term?Robert Lindenberg
Department of Neurology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Brain Lang 102:22-9. 2007..We conclude that bridging the gap between the anatomically based term "Broca's area" and the increasing amount of its supposed subfunctions is arbitrary...
- [The portrayal of tuberculosis in the motion picture "Robert Koch--Bekämpfer des Todes". How do movies shape knowledge about diseases in urology and medicine?]F H Moll
Museum und Archiv zur Geschichte der Urologie, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Urologie, Dusseldorf, c o Urologische Klinik, Kliniken der Stadt Köln gGmbH, Neufelder Straße 32, Koln, Germany
Urologe A 50:1441-8. 2011..It only became clear over time that the propagandistic aims that found expression in some 1,100 films needed to be examined more carefully...
- [The development of urine diagnostics and its visualisation in "frames"]M Martin
Institut fur Geschichte der Medizin, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Universitatsstrasse 1, 40225, Dusseldorf
Urologe A 45:742-8. 2006..The value of this approach for the history of medicine in general and the history of uroscopy in special is discussed...
- Biology and war--American biology and international scienceHeiner Fangerau
Institute for the History of Medicine, University of Dusseldorf, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Hist Philos Life Sci 29:395-427. 2007....
- [Modern institutional psychiatry in the 19th and 20th centuries. Authentication and criticism]Karen Nolte
Med Ges Gesch 26:7-21. 2006
- From degeneration to genetic susceptibility, from eugenics to genethics, from Bezugsziffer to LOD score: the history of psychiatric geneticsThomas G Schulze
Division of Genetic Epidemiology in Psychiatry Central Institute of Mental Health Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg Mannheim, Germany
Int Rev Psychiatry 16:246-59. 2004..Finally, psychiatric genetic research should never again be performed in an environment void of ethical standards...
- ["Smoked meat, full of rind, hardly edible"--patient's complaints and doctor's rebuttal in the first German state-run mental sanatory "RasemÃ¼hle" between 1903 and 1932]Heiner Fangerau
Med Ges Gesch 26:371-93. 2006..The responsible government agency was asked to invest into the sanatorium to make it competitive on the market. Patients were not seen anymore as unwilling petitioners but as customers whose needs and demands should be fullfilled...
- Suicide attempts in schizophrenia and affective disorders with relation to some specific demographical and clinical characteristicsDaniel J Muller
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Neurogenetics Section, University of Toronto, 250 College Street, M5T 1R8 Toronto, ON, Canada
Eur Psychiatry 20:65-9. 2005..Suicide attempts were associated with poor premorbid social adjustment, low age at onset, low scores on the "Global Assessment Scale" and childlessness in females...
- ["Baur-Fischer-Lenz" in 1921-1940 critical book reviews: a quantitative study of contemporary reception of racial eugenics theories]Heiner Fangerau
Abteilung für Ethik und Geschichte der Medizin des Universitätsklinikums Göttingen Humboldtallee 36, 37073 Gottingen
Medizinhist J 38:57-81. 2003..Furthermore, the analysis elucidates the style of thinking that was prevalent among the reviewers...
- Improving information systems in Europe: EURETHNETHeiner Fangerau
Department for Medical Ethics and History of Medicine, , Germany
Med Health Care Philos 6:67-9. 2003..18 partners from nine European countries agreed to develop an information network and knowledge base in the field of ethics in medicine and biotechnology. This short communication displays the aims, scope and realisation of the network...