Affiliation: Hannover Medical School
- Effects of pedunculopontine area and pallidal DBS on gait ignition in Parkinson's diseaseChristoph Schrader
Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany Electronic address
Brain Stimul 6:856-9. 2013..Deep brain stimulation of the pedunculopontine area has been proposed to treat refractory gait disorders, yet data on measurable effects, especially in combination with stimulation of other targets, are scarce...
- Changes in processing of proprioceptive information in Parkinson's disease and multiple system atrophyC Schrader
Medical School of Hannover, Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Clin Neurophysiol 119:1139-46. 2008....
- Unilateral deep brain stimulation of the internal globus pallidus alleviates tardive dyskinesiaChristoph Schrader
Department of Neurology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Mov Disord 19:583-5. 2004..We found immediate and marked suppression of her perioral involuntary movements with unilateral stimulation at 60 Hz...
- [Deep brain stimulation for dystonia. Consensus recommendations of the German Deep Brain Stimulation Association]C Schrader
Neurologische Klinik mit Klinischer Neurophysiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625, Hannover
Nervenarzt 80:656-61. 2009..The inclusion criteria for DBS candidates as well as the peri- and postoperative patient management are addressed. These recommendations were developed in a consensus procedure in the German Deep Brain Stimulation Association...
- GPi-DBS may induce a hypokinetic gait disorder with freezing of gait in patients with dystoniaC Schrader
Movement Disorders Section, Department of Neurology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Neurology 77:483-8. 2011..The aim of this work was to determine the frequency and the nature of this GPi-DBS-induced phenomenon...
- Deep brain stimulation for camptocormia in dystonia and Parkinson's diseaseHans Holger Capelle
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical School Hannover, MHH, Carl Neuberg Strase 1, 30652, Hannover, Germany
J Neurol 258:96-103. 2011..GPi DBS is an effective treatment for camptocormia in dystonia. The response of camptocormia to chronic STN or GPi DBS in PD is more heterogenous. The latter may be due to a variety of causes and needs further clarification...
- Bilateral deep brain stimulation for cervical dystonia in patients with previous peripheral surgeryHans Holger Capelle
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical School Hannover, MHH, Hannover, Germany
Mov Disord 27:301-4. 2012....
- Impaired comprehension of temporal connectives in Parkinson's disease--a neuroimaging studyZheng Ye
Department of Neurology, University of Lubeck, Lubeck 23538, Germany
Neuropsychologia 50:1794-800. 2012..This network was compromised in Parkinson patients. We propose that dysfunction of the caudate nucleus networks underlies Parkinson patients' difficulty in dealing with complex sentence structures...
- Absence of congruency sequence effects reveals neurocognitive inflexibility in Parkinson's diseaseNabi Rustamov
Department of Neurology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Neuropsychologia 51:2976-87. 2013..The findings are discussed in terms of basal ganglia dysfunction induced by PD which results primarily either in executive function deficits or in aberrant habit formation. ..
- Transient global amnesia associated with accidental high-frequency stimulation of the right hippocampus in deep brain stimulation for segmental dystoniaHansjorg Baezner
Department of Neurology, Universitaetsmedizin Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 91:335-7. 2013..While a unifying etiology of TGA has not been proven so far, our case demonstrates a possible link between focal electrical stimulation of hippocampal structures and the full clinical picture of the syndrome. ..
- Long-term clinical outcome in meige syndrome treated with internal pallidum deep brain stimulationRene Reese
Department of Neurosurgery, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Mov Disord 26:691-8. 2011..This series, which is the first to demonstrate a long-term follow-up in a large number of patients, shows that GPi DBS is a safe and highly effective therapy for Meige syndrome. The benefit is preserved for up to 6 years...
- Chronic deep brain stimulation in patients with tardive dystonia without a history of major psychosisHans Holger Capelle
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical School Hannover, MHH, Hannover, Germany
Mov Disord 25:1477-81. 2010..This effect is stable on extended follow-up for up to 3 years...
- Severe familial paroxysmal exercise-induced dyskinesiaPawel Tacik
Movement Disorders Section, Department of Neurology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
J Neurol 261:2009-15. 2014..Additional studies such as exome sequencing are indicated...
- Intertemporal choice in Parkinson's diseaseMaria Milenkova
Department of Neurology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Mov Disord 26:2004-10. 2011..This needs to be addressed in further studies. The paradigm used is easy to apply and should be used more extensively to describe decision behavior in Parkinson's disease...
- The cold hand sign in multiple system atrophy: skin perfusion revisitedK Pietzarka
Autonomic and Neuroendocrinological Laboratory, Department of Neurology, University of Technology Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Neural Transm 117:475-9. 2010..By measuring skin temperature and blood flow, the presence of CHS can be diagnosed in MSA patients. Further studies are necessary to understand regulation of skin perfusion in patients with extrapyramidal disease...
- Continuous jejunal levodopa infusion in patients with advanced parkinson disease: practical aspects and outcome of motor and non-motor complicationsKarla Eggert
Department of Neurology, Philipps University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Clin Neuropharmacol 31:151-66. 2008..The tolerability, efficacy, and the need for dose adjustment of levodopa infusion were followed-up prospectively. Thereby, we describe clinically relevant details for how to successfully initiate and handle this new treatment strategy...
- Volumetric image guidance for motor cortex stimulation: integration of three-dimensional cortical anatomy and functional imagingAlireza Gharabaghi
Department of Neurosurgery, International Neuroscience Institute, Hannover, Germany
Neurosurgery 57:114-20; discussion 114-20. 2005..We describe an integrated protocol for precise electrode placement, combining functional image guidance and intraoperative electrical stimulation in the awake patient...
- Anti-leucine rich glioma inactivated 1 protein and anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitis show distinct patterns of brain glucose metabolism in 18F-fluoro-2-deoxy-d-glucose positron emission tomographyFlorian Wegner
Department of Neurology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str, 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
BMC Neurol 14:136. 2014....
- Pallidal neurostimulation in patients with medication-refractory cervical dystonia: a randomised, sham-controlled trialJens Volkmann
Department of Neurology, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany Electronic address
Lancet Neurol 13:875-84. 2014..Cervical dystonia is managed mainly by repeated botulinum toxin injections. We aimed to establish whether pallidal neurostimulation could improve symptoms in patients not adequately responding to chemodenervation or oral drug treatment...
- Evaluation of the Unified Wilson's Disease Rating Scale (UWDRS) in German patients with treated Wilson's diseaseBarbara Leinweber
Department of Neurology, Philipps University Marburg, Germany
Mov Disord 23:54-62. 2008..54 (CI(95%) 0.40-0.69, P < 0.001). In summary, the UWDRS appears to be a promising tool to assess the disease severity in WD. Its usefulness in clinical research and drug trials should be further addressed...
- Differentiation of idiopathic Parkinson's disease, multiple system atrophy, progressive supranuclear palsy, and healthy controls using magnetization transfer imagingThomas Eckert
Department of Neurology II, University of Magdeburg, 39120, Magdeburg, Germany
Neuroimage 21:229-35. 2004....
- Increased intracortical inhibition in middle-aged humans; a study using paired-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulationAndon R Kossev
Institute of Biophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Neurosci Lett 333:83-6. 2002..The different effect of vibration favors compensatory mechanisms to be responsible for a different paired-pulse excitability in middle-aged subjects...