Affiliation: Hannover Medical School
- HCV core antigen testing in HIV- and HBV-coinfected patients, and in HCV-infected patients on hemodialysisIngmar Mederacke
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Clin Virol 53:110-5. 2012..A quantitative HCV core antigen (HCVcoreAg) immunoassay has been developed for the confirmation of viremia in patients with hepatitis C...
- [Interferon-alfa induced reactivation of sarcoidosis in a patient with chronic hepatitis C]I Mederacke
Klinik fur Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Endokrinologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover
Internist (Berl) 51:522-7. 2010..The antiviral therapy was continued until week 48 without administration of systemic steroids. Six month after the end of antiviral treatment the sarcoidosis was in remission and the hepatitis C was cured...
- Different kinetics of HBV and HCV during haemodialysis and absence of seronegative viral hepatitis in patients with end-stage renal diseaseIngmar Mederacke
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:2648-56. 2011..Moreover, some studies reported seronegative cases of viral hepatitis. We and others have previously shown an HCV RNA decline during haemodialysis; however, limited data on HBV viraemia during haemodialysis are available...
- Renal function during treatment with adefovir plus peginterferon alfa-2a vs either drug alone in hepatitis B/D co-infectionI Mederacke
Department of Gastroenterology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Viral Hepat 19:387-95. 2012..Combination treatment of PegIFNα-2a+ADV in chronic hepatitis B/D co-infection did not lead to any further impairment of kidney function...
- Peginterferon plus adefovir versus either drug alone for hepatitis deltaHeiner Wedemeyer
Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
N Engl J Med 364:322-31. 2011..There is no currently approved treatment. We investigated the safety and efficacy of 48 weeks of treatment with peginterferon alfa-2a plus adefovir dipivoxil, peginterferon alfa-2a alone, and adefovir dipivoxil alone...