Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Hannover Medical School
- Urokinase-induced migration of human vascular smooth muscle cells requires coupling of the small GTPases RhoA and Rac1 to the Tyk2/PI3-K signalling pathwayIoulia Kiian
Nephrology Department, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse I, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Thromb Haemost 89:904-14. 2003..Our results provide evidence that the small GTPases RhoA and Rac1, together with Rho kinase, are necessary to mediate the uPA/uPAR-directed migration via the Tyk2/PI3-K signalling complex in human VSMC...
- oxLDL induces inflammatory responses in vascular smooth muscle cells via urokinase receptor association with CD36 and TLR4Yulia Kiyan
Nephrology Department, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany Electronic address
J Mol Cell Cardiol 66:72-82. 2014..They further point to specific function of each component of this cluster in mediating the ultimate signaling pattern. ..
- Urokinase-induced signaling in human vascular smooth muscle cells is mediated by PDGFR-betaJulia Kiyan
Nephrology Department, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
EMBO J 24:1787-97. 2005..These findings provide a molecular basis for mechanisms VSMC use to induce uPAR- and PDGFR-directed signaling. The processes may be relevant to VSMC function and vascular remodeling...
- The tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2 controls urokinase-dependent signaling and functions in human vascular smooth muscle cellsJulia Kiyan
Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strabetae 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Exp Cell Res 315:1029-39. 2009..Our results demonstrate that SHP-2 plays an important role in uPA-directed signaling and functional control of human VSMC and suggest that this phosphatase might contribute to the pathogenesis of the uPA-related vascular remodeling...
- Urokinase-receptor-mediated phenotypic changes in vascular smooth muscle cells require the involvement of membrane raftsJulia Kiyan
Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Biochem J 423:343-51. 2009..These findings suggest further that, in the context of uPA/uPAR-dependent processes, caveolae-associated and non-associated rafts represent different signalling membrane domains...
- Urokinase receptor associates with myocardin to control vascular smooth muscle cells phenotype in vascular diseaseYulia Kiyan
Nephrology Department, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:110-22. 2012..The goal of the study was to unravel the mechanisms of uPA/uPAR-directed vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) differentiation...
- Regulation of proangiogenic factor CCN1 in cardiac muscle: impact of ischemia, pressure overload, and neurohumoral activationDenise Hilfiker-Kleiner
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Circulation 109:2227-33. 2004..Because these conditions occur in myocardial ischemia and pressure overload, we investigated the regulation of CCN1 in cardiomyocytes in vitro and in the heart in vivo...