Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Hannover Medical School
- Lemound J, Schenk M, Keller G, Stucki Koch A, Witting S, Kreipe H, et al. Cytogenetic and immunohistochemical biomarker profiling of therapy-relevant factors in salivary gland carcinomas. J Oral Pathol Med. 2016;45:655-663 pubmed publisher..HER2 overexpression in a subfraction of SGC and low frequencies of EGFR mutations are known. Here, we established receptor and cell signalling profiles of 17 therapy-relevant factors and propose a molecular diagnostic algorithm for SGC...
- Hussein K, Dralle W, Theophile K, Kreipe H, Bock O. Megakaryocytic expression of miRNA 10a, 17-5p, 20a and 126 in Philadelphia chromosome-negative myeloproliferative neoplasm. Ann Hematol. 2009;88:325-32 pubmed publisher..No association to thrombocytosis, JAK2(V617F) mutations or cytoreductive treatment (bone marrow cells) were observed. ..
- Hussein K, Theophile K, Büsche G, Schlegelberger B, Göhring G, Kreipe H, et al. Significant inverse correlation of microRNA-150/MYB and microRNA-222/p27 in myelodysplastic syndrome. Leuk Res. 2010;34:328-34 pubmed publisher..We conclude that inhibition of proliferation via over-expressed miR-150 might contribute to myelodysplastic haematopoiesis in MDS-del(5q). ..
- Hussein K, Stucki Koch A, Alchalby H, Triviai I, KrÃ¶ger N, Kreipe H. Cytokine Expression Pattern in Bone Marrow Microenvironment after Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation in Primary Myelofibrosis. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:644-650 pubmed publisher..This is the first systematic analysis of cytokine expression in post-ASCT PMF bone marrow that shows that normalization of bone marrow microenvironment is paralleled by decreased expression of TIMP and PDGFA. ..
- Cramer L, Brix A, Matin E, Rühli F, Hussein K. Computed Tomography-Detected Paleopathologies in Ancient Egyptian Mummies. Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2018;47:225-232 pubmed publisher..The cause of death is rarely verifiable, but CT scan could be the clue. Although well known in Egyptian mummies, artificial changes may lead to misinterpretation of CT findings. ..
- Hussein K, Panning B. [Reconstruction of the examination of the laryngeal carcinoma of Emperor Frederick III by Rudolf Virchow]. Pathologe. 2018;39:172-177 pubmed publisher..The answer has been the same for more than aÂ hundred years: the clinician is dissatisfied with the histopathological diagnosis, so the pathologist is to blame. ..