Thomas J Huber
Affiliation: Hannover Medical School
- [Inpatient treatment of depression. Should one combine psychotherapy and drugs?]T J Huber
Abteilung Klinische Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Nervenarzt 76:270-7. 2005..However, combination therapy appears advantageous in therapy-resistant, chronic and severe forms of depressive disorders. Much further research is needed to facilitate well-founded guidelines...
- Sex hormones in psychotic menThomas J Huber
Department of Clinical Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical School of Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30623 Hannover, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 30:111-4. 2005..The oestrogen hypothesis postulating a protective action of estradiol concerning schizophrenia for women might well be valid for both genders. However, future research is needed before clinical applications are justified...
- Charles Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities: a case report of posttraumatic stress disorderThomas J Huber
Department of Clinical Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Psychopathology 38:334-7. 2005....
- Amantadine in depressive patients with Borna disease virus (BDV) infection: an open trialD E Dietrich
Department of Clinical Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical School Hannover, Germany
Bipolar Disord 2:65-70. 2000..Therefore, the therapeutical use of amantadine in BDV-infected depressive patients was investigated...
- Reduced binocular depth inversion in schizophrenic patientsU Schneider
Department of Clinical Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical School Hannover, D 30623 Hannover, Germany
Schizophr Res 53:101-8. 2002..These findings suggest that testing of binocular depth inversion can detect specific dysfunctions in visual perception and might be useful as a state-marker for psychotic states...
- Short-term cognitive improvement in schizophrenics treated with typical and atypical neurolepticsJens D Rollnik
Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology, Medical School of Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Neuropsychobiology 45:74-80. 2002..Thus, most studies focus on the long-term effects of neuroleptics. We were interested in whether atypical neuroleptic treatment is also superior to typical drugs over relatively short periods of time...
- Gender differences in the effect of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in schizophreniaThomas J Huber
Department of Clinical Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30627, Hannover, Germany
Psychiatry Res 120:103-5. 2003....
- The cortisol awakening response is blunted in psychotherapy inpatients suffering from depressionThomas J Huber
Department of Clinical Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 31:900-4. 2006..Further studies will be needed to disentangle the complex relationship between depression and the ACR...
- [Characteristics of psychiatric patients in the accident and emergency department (ED)]Stefan Kropp
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychotherapie und Psychosomatik, Asklepios Fachklinikum Teupitz
Psychiatr Prax 34:72-5. 2007..To obtain data and results concerning the acute treatment of psychiatric patients within a general ED...