Affiliation: Hannover Medical School
- The oral cavity is not a primary source for implantable pacemaker or cardioverter defibrillator infectionsJörg Eberhard
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomedical Material Sciences, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str, 1, Hannover 30625, Germany
J Cardiothorac Surg 8:73. 2013....
- Experimental gingivitis induces systemic inflammatory markers in young healthy individuals: a single-subject interventional studyJörg Eberhard
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Science, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e55265. 2013..We here investigated whether experimental gingivitis enhances systemic markers of inflammation which are also known as surrogate markers of atherosclerotic plaque development...
- The intermediate effect and the diagnostic accuracy in clinical case recall of students and experts in dental medicineJ Eberhard
Department of Operative Dentistry, Periodontology and Preventive Dentistry, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Dent Educ 13:128-34. 2009..This phenomenon was called the 'intermediate effect' and is considered to be a specific feature of medical expertise. The aim of the here presented study was to examine this observation in the domain of dental medicine...
- Differential epithelial cell response upon stimulation with the Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans strains VT 1169, VT 1560 DAM⁻ and ATCC 4318Jörg Eberhard
Department of Prostethic Dentistry, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Epigenetics 5:710-5. 2010..The present study indicates strain-dependent and subject-specific immune responses in GECs after exposure to DAM(+) or DAM⁻ A. actinomycetemcomitans...
- The role of pathophysiological explanations in clinical case representations of dental students and expertsH J Klomp
Department of Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Dent Educ 13:58-65. 2009..The present study investigated for the first time how biomedical knowledge is used in clinical reasoning in dental medicine...
- Metagenomic analysis of the peri-implant and periodontal microflora in patients with clinical signs of gingivitis or mucositisWieland Heuer
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomedical Materials Science, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Clin Oral Investig 16:843-50. 2012..Furthermore, broad-range molecular biological detection methods specify bacterial genera and species in the peri-implant and periodontal microflora which were not in the focus of research interests so far...