Affiliation: Hannover Medical School
- Ahrens J, Foadi N, Eberhardt A, Haeseler G, Dengler R, Leffler A, et al. Defective polysialylation and sialylation induce opposite effects on gating of the skeletal Na+ channel NaV1.4 in Chinese hamster ovary cells. Pharmacology. 2011;87:311-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, only the loss of Sia had a significant effect on recovery from fast inactivation. Our data demonstrate for the first time that gating of voltage-gated sodium channels seems to be differentially regulated by polySia and Sia. ..
- Ahrens J, Leuwer M, Demir R, Krampfl K, de la Roche J, Foadi N, et al. Positive allosteric modulatory effects of ajulemic acid at strychnine-sensitive glycine alpha1- and alpha1beta-receptors. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2009;379:371-8 pubmed publisher..9 +/- 21.5 microM and alpha(1)beta = 154.3 +/- 32.1 microM). These in vitro results demonstrate that ajulemic acid modulates strychnine-sensitive glycine receptors in clinically relevant concentrations. ..
- Ahrens J, Leuwer M, Stachura S, Krampfl K, Belelli D, Lambert J, et al. A transmembrane residue influences the interaction of propofol with the strychnine-sensitive glycine alpha1 and alpha1beta receptor. Anesth Analg. 2008;107:1875-83 pubmed publisher....
- Ahrens J, Demir R, Leuwer M, de la Roche J, Krampfl K, Foadi N, et al. The nonpsychotropic cannabinoid cannabidiol modulates and directly activates alpha-1 and alpha-1-Beta glycine receptor function. Pharmacology. 2009;83:217-22 pubmed publisher..3 +/- 22.7 micromol/l). These in vitro results suggest that strychnine-sensitive glycine receptors may be a target for cannabidiol mediating some of its anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties. ..
- Haeseler G, Schaefers D, Prison N, Ahrens J, Liu X, Karch A. Combatting pain after orthopedic/trauma surgery- perioperative oral extended-release tapentadol vs. extended-release oxycodone/naloxone. BMC Anesthesiol. 2017;17:91 pubmed publisher..Thus, we now use a prophylaxis against nausea and vomiting and pre-emptive laxatives as part of these concepts. https://eudract.ema.europa.eu (EudraCT- Nr. 2011-003238-15 ); October 24th, 2012. ..