- [Are breast biopsies adequately funded? A process cost & revenue analysis]M Hahn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Tuebingen
Rofo 183:347-57. 2011..The objective of the study was to determine whether the various breast biopsy procedures specified in the S 3 guidelines are sensibly represented within the current German health system as considered from a cost evaluation perspective...
- Mammotome versus ATEC: a comparison of two breast vacuum biopsy techniques under sonographic guidanceMarkus Hahn
Department for Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Tuebingen, Calwerstr 7, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 281:287-92. 2010..The study evaluates the differences between the Mammotome (MT) and ATEC (A) vacuum biopsy (VB) of the breast in terms of diagnostic reliability, biopsy duration and complications...
- Vacuum-assisted breast biopsy: a comparison of 11-gauge and 8-gauge needles in benign breast diseaseMarkus Hahn
Clinic for Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Tuebingen, Germany
World J Surg Oncol 6:51. 2008....
- Selective microdochectomy after ductoscopic wire marking in women with pathological nipple dischargeM Hahn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
BMC Cancer 9:151. 2009..To investigate the diagnostic reliability of selective microdochectomy after direct ductoscopic wire marking of suspect lesions in patients with pathological nipple discharge...
- Interdisciplinary consensus recommendations for the use of vacuum-assisted breast biopsy under sonographic guidance: first update 2012M Hahn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Tuebingen
Ultraschall Med 33:366-71. 2012..in 2005. Since then, many clinical studies on this technique have been published. The purpose of this publication is to update the consensus recommendations from 2005 regarding the latest literature...
- Risk-benefit analysis of preoperative breast MRI in patients with primary breast cancerK C Siegmann
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Clin Radiol 64:403-13. 2009..To analyse and compare the risks and benefits of preoperative breast MRI (BMRI) in patients with primary breast cancer (PBC), and to determine the influence of mammographic breast density (BD) and histological tumour type (TT)...
- The HER2 status of disseminated tumor cells in the bone marrow of early breast cancer patients is independent from primary tumor and predicts higher risk of relapseA D Hartkopf
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tuebingen, Calwer Strasse 7, 72076, Tuebingen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 138:509-17. 2013..Due to the low concordance between the HER2 status of the primary tumor and DTC, only a minority (13 %) of the DTC-HER2-positive patients was treated with trastuzumab. These patients might, however, benefit from HER2-directed therapy...
- Ultrasound guided cryoablation of fibroadenomasM Hahn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Tuebingen, Germany
Ultraschall Med 34:64-8. 2013..Fibroadenoma (FA) of the breast is the most common disorders in young women. The aim of the study was to evaluate cryoablation (CA) under ultrasound guidance in the office setting for patients with FA...
- Complete extirpation of benign breast lesions with an ultrasound-guided vacuum biopsy systemU Krainick-Strobel
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospitals Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 29:342-6. 2007....
- FGFR4 Arg388 genotype is associated with pathological complete response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy for primary breast cancerF Marme
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Oncol 21:1636-42. 2010..The present study evaluates the potential of this SNP to predict response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NCT) for primary breast cancer (PBC)...
- Time independence of the prognostic impact of tumor cell detection in the bone marrow of primary breast cancer patientsE F Solomayer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tubingen, Schleichstrasse 4, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 7:4102-8. 2001..L. Mansi et al., Lancet, 354:197-202, 1999). We report data from 727 patients with a median follow-up period of 6.5 years...
- Massive cavernous lymphangioma of the breast and thoracic wall: case report and literature reviewU Krainick-Strobel
University of Tubingen Medical School, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tubingen, Germany
Lymphology 39:147-51. 2006..We report the case of a patient with a long history of massive cavernous lymphangioma of the breast and thoracic wall extending into the axilla in whom complete excision was not possible...