J C Habel
- The evolution of contact calls in isolated and overlapping populations of two white-eye congeners in East Africa (Aves, Zosterops)Martin Husemann
Terrestrial Ecology Research Group, Department of Ecology and Ecosystem Management, Technische Universitat Munchen, Hans Carl von Carlowitz Platz 2, D 85354 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 14:115. 2014....
- A forest butterfly in sahara desert oases: isolation does not matterJan Christian Habel
the Natural History Museum Luxembourg, Invertebrate Biology, 2160 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
J Hered 104:234-47. 2013..This, together with low rates of gene flow, likely prevented differentiation of populations via drift and led to the maintenance of high genetic diversity...
- Microallopatry caused strong diversification in Buthus scorpions (Scorpiones: Buthidae) in the Atlas Mountains (NW Africa)Jan C Habel
Natural History Museum Luxembourg, Invertebrate Biology, Luxembourg
PLoS ONE 7:e29403. 2012..Philopatry and low dispersal ability of Buthus scorpions are the likely causes for the observed strong genetic differentiation at this small geographic scale...
- The genetic consequences of different dispersal behaviours in lycaenid butterfly speciesJ C Habel
Biogeographie, Universität Trier, Trier, Germany
Bull Entomol Res 99:513-23. 2009..minimus preserves a complex genetic constitution by high population densities. The patchily distributed A. agestis represents less rare alleles, present only in some populations, and holds up genetic diversity by high mobility...
- From Africa to Europe and back: refugia and range shifts cause high genetic differentiation in the Marbled White butterfly Melanargia galatheaJan C Habel
Musée national d histoire naturelle Luxembourg
BMC Evol Biol 11:215. 2011..Fourty-one populations scattered over Europe and the Maghreb and one population of the sibling taxon M. lachesis were analysed using allozyme electrophoresis...