- Interleukin-1, interleukin-6 and myocardial enzyme response after coronary artery bypass grafting - a prospective randomized comparison of the conventional and three minimally invasive surgical techniquesV Gulielmos
Cardiovascular Institute, University Hospital Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 76, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 18:594-601. 2000....
- Three-year follow-up after port-access mitral valve surgeryV Gulielmos
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Dresden, Germany
J Card Surg 15:43-50. 2000..After the promising early results with Port-Access mitral valve (MV) surgery, the mid-term results were evaluated...
- Improving hemodynamics by atrial pacing during off-pump bypass surgeryVassilios Gulielmos
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Center Dresden, University Hospital, Dresden, Germany
Heart Surg Forum 6:E179-82. 2003..To avoid hemodynamic deterioration during tilting of the heart in off-pump surgery, we perform atrial pacing. We describe hemodynamic evaluation of this simple maneuver...
- Attenuation of reperfusion-induced systemic inflammation by preconditioning with nitric oxide in an in situ porcine model of normothermic lung ischemiaThomas Waldow
Cardiovascular Institute, University Hospital Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Chest 125:2253-9. 2004..Here we investigate whether NO inhalation for a short period prior to surgery is sufficient to prevent symptoms of lung I/R injury, especially the inflammatory response...
- Combined atrial fibrillation and mitral valve surgery using microwave technologyMichael Knaut
Heart Center, Dresden University Hospital, Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Dresden, Germany
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 14:226-31. 2002..8%). Microwave ablation is a safe and efficient method for surgical treatment of chronic atrial fibrillation in patients with mitral valve disease...
- Feasibility, safety, and efficacy of totally endoscopic coronary artery bypass grafting: multicenter European experienceDidier de Canniere
Department of Cardiac Surgery at Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:710-6. 2007..This study describes the largest multicenter experience in the literature with robotic totally endoscopic coronary artery bypass grafting specifically addressing procedural feasibility, safety, and efficacy...