Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: GSF-National Research Center for Environment and Health
- Identification and functional modelling of DNA sequence elements of transcriptionT Werner
Institute of Experimental Genetics, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Brief Bioinform 1:372-80. 2000..Comparative genomics in non-coding regions (eg phylogenetic footprinting) is a very promising approach that allows identification of potential new regulatory elements which may be used in modelling approaches...
- Cluster analysis and promoter modelling as bioinformatics tools for the identification of target genes from expression array dataT Werner
Genomatix Software GmbH, Karlstrasse 55, D 80333 Munich, Germany
Pharmacogenomics 2:25-36. 2001..This approach also provides a powerful alternative for elucidating the functional features of genes with no detectable sequence similarity, by linking them to other genes on the basis of their common promoter structures...
- Target gene identification from expression array data by promoter analysisT Werner
Genomatix Software GmbH, Karlstrasse 55, 80333, Munich, Germany
Biomol Eng 17:87-94. 2001....
- Identification of endogenous retroviral sequences based on modular organization: proviral structure at the SSAV1 locusJ H Blusch
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Mammalian Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Genomics 43:52-61. 1997....
- Muscle actin genes: a first step towards computational classification of tissue specific promotersK Frech
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Mammalian Genetics, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
In Silico Biol 1:29-38. 1998..We believe this pilot study demonstrates the general applicability of our approach as well as the concept of modular promoter organization...
- Experimental data of a single promoter can be used for in silico detection of genes with related regulation in the absence of sequence similarityV Gailus-Durner
Institute of Experimental Genetics, GSF-National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Mamm Genome 12:67-72. 2001..We believe that this new approach is a substanial extension to database analysis by BLAST or FASTA, which are restricted to sequence similarity...
- First pass annotation of promoters on human chromosome 22M Scherf
Institute of Mammalian Genetics, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Genome Res 11:333-40. 2001..Results are available on-line at http://genomatix.gsf.de/chr22/...
- Linking disease-associated genes to regulatory networks via promoter organizationS Döhr
Institute of Experimental Genetics, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health Ingolstädter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 33:864-72. 2005..Thus, data-driven in silico promoter analysis allowed integrating molecular mechanisms with biological functions of the cell...
- Sequence analysis of the beta B2-crystallin cDNA of hamster containing a domain conserved among vertebratesK Zarbalis
Institut fur Saugetiergenetik, GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Neuherberg, Germany
Gene 174:181-4. 1996..This 36-aa domain contains a putative phosphorylation site for protein kinase C and is highly conserved among all known basic beta B-Cry; however, it can neither be detected in the acidic beta A-nor in the gamma-Cry...
- GenomeInspector: a new approach to detect correlation patterns of elements on genomic sequencesK Quandt
Institut fur Saugetiergenetik, GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit GmbH, Oberschleissheim, Germany or
Comput Appl Biosci 12:405-13. 1996..However, the functionality of biological units like promoters depends on the correct spatial organization of multiple individual elements...
- Regulatory modules shared within gene classes as well as across gene classes can be detected by the same in silico approachA Klingenhoff
Genoma Software GmbH, Munchen, Germany
In Silico Biol 2:S17-26. 2002..All models exhibited high selectivity, e.g. the mammalian muscle actin promoter model produced no false negatives in a database search...
- Report on the twelfth international workshop on the identification of transcribed sequences: functional, expression and evolutionary analysisT Werner
Institute for Säugertiergenetik, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Cytogenet Genome Res 98:109-17. 2002
- Analysis of 27 mammalian and 9 avian PrPs reveals high conservation of flexible regions of the prion proteinF Wopfner
Genecenter, Department of Virology, Max von Pettenkofer Institute for Medical Microbiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Feodor Lynen Str 25, Munich, 81377, Germany
J Mol Biol 289:1163-78. 1999..g. the N-terminal region from amino acid residue 23-90 and the regions located upstream of alpha-helices 1 and 3...
- Comparative analysis of the genomic organization of Pax9 and its conserved physical association with Nkx2-9 in the human, mouse, and pufferfish genomesF Santagati
GSF Research Center for Health and Environment, Institute of Mammalian Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Mamm Genome 12:232-7. 2001..Our results suggest that transcription of Pax9 may be initiated at two alternative start sites and driven by TATA-less promoters...
- Proviral structure, chromosomal location, and expression of HERV-K-T47D, a novel human endogenous retrovirus derived from T47D particlesW Seifarth
Medical Clinic III, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, D 68305 Mannheim, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Virol 72:8384-91. 1998..High HERV-K-T47D transcription levels were observed in human placenta tissue, whereas transcription in T47D cells was strictly steroid dependent...
- Genomic sequences of murine gamma B- and gamma C-crystallin-encoding genes: promoter analysis and complete evolutionary pattern of mouse, rat and human gamma-crystallinsJ Graw
GSF Institut für Säugetiergenetik, Neuherberg, Germany
Gene 136:145-56. 1993....
- Alpha-crystallins are involved in specific interactions with the murine gamma D/E/F-crystallin-encoding geneD Pietrowski
GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Institut fur Saugetiergenetik, Neuherberg, Germany
Gene 144:171-8. 1994..The results reported here point to a novel function of alpha-Cry besides the structural properties in the lens...
- MatInspector and beyond: promoter analysis based on transcription factor binding sitesK Cartharius
Genomatix Software GmbH Landsberger Strasse 6, 80339 München, Germany
Bioinformatics 21:2933-42. 2005..The next steps in promoter analysis can be tackled only with reliable predictions, e.g. finding phylogenetically conserved patterns or identifying higher order combinations of sites in promoters of co-regulated genes...
- [Teleteaching in otorhinolaryngology (part 1). Real-time transmission of a congress in picture and tone into the Internet]M Fuchs
Universitatsklinikum Leipzig AoR, Klinik und Poliklinik Fur Hals, Nasen, Ohrenheilkunde Plastische Operationen, Universitat Leipzig
HNO 51:16-24. 2003..The transmission of scientific meetings into the Internet can increase, with a justifiable technical expenditure, their efficiency by the ubiquitous availability of the information and the extension of the audience...
- [Teleteaching in otorhinolaryngology. Part 2: the European database "medicstream"]M Fuchs
Klinik und Poliklinik Fur Hals, Nasen, Ohrenheilkunde Plastische Operationen, Universitatsklinikum Leipzig
HNO 51:104-12. 2003..The telemedicine data base "medicstream" can optimize quality and extend medical education by live-streaming as well as by archiving scientific presentations as audiovisual data...
- Cloning, sequencing and functional studies of the gene encoding human GTP cyclohydrolase IK Witter
GSF Institut für Klinische Molekularbiologie, Munchen, Germany
Gene 171:285-90. 1996..Interferon-gamma treatment of B-cells transfected with reporter constructs had no influence on the expression activity...
- The Helmholtz Network for Bioinformatics: an integrative web portal for bioinformatics resourcesT Crass
Department of Bioinformatics, Medical Faculty, Georg August University Gottingen, Goldschmidtstrasse 1, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Bioinformatics 20:268-70. 2004..Currently, automated cascades for the analysis of regulatory DNA segments as well as for the prediction of protein functional properties are provided...
- Report on the thirteenth international workshop on the identification and functional, evolutionary and expression analysis of transcribed sequences: comparative and functional genomics workshopA Brazma
European Bioinformatics Institute, The Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, UK
Cytogenet Genome Res 105:11-7. 2004
- Detection of a novel sepiapterin reductase mRNA: assay of mRNA in various cells and tissues of various speciesJ Maier
GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Institut für Klinische Molekularbiologie und Tumorgenetik, Munchen, Federal Republic of Germany
Exp Cell Res 204:217-22. 1993..Moreover, the relative mRNA expression correlates with the enzymatic activities of different cell lines within the same species. This indicates that SR activity is regulated by its steady state mRNA levels...
- Murine gamma E-crystallin is distinct from murine gamma 2-crystallinJ Graw
GSF Institut für Säugetiergenetik, Neuherberg, F R G
Gene 104:265-70. 1991..There is no similar repeat structure in any other gamma-cry gene. No binding site for a common transcription factor could be detected among the 1100 bp of the 5'-region...