Affiliation: GSF-National Research Center for Environment and Health
- European stillbirth proportions before and after the Chernobyl accidentH Scherb
GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Institut für Biomathematik und Biometrie, Oberscheissheim, Germany
Int J Epidemiol 28:932-40. 1999..We therefore studied long-term time trends in European stillbirth proportions...
- Trends in the human sex odds at birth in Europe and the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant accidentHagen Scherb
Institute of Biomathematics and Biometry, GSF National Research Centre for Environment and Health, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Reprod Toxicol 23:593-9. 2007..0145 per mSv/a (1.0021-1.0271, p=0.0218). These findings suggest a possible long-term chronic influence of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant accident on the human sex odds at birth in several European countries...
- Regression analysis of time trends in perinatal mortality in Germany 1980-1993H Scherb
GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Institut für Biomathematik und Biometrie, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Environ Health Perspect 108:159-65. 2000..As we are dealing with highly aggregated data, other causes or artifacts may explain the observed effects. Hence, the findings should be interpreted with caution, and further independent evidence should be sought...
- [Cleft lip and cleft palate birth rate in Bavaria before and after the Chernobyl nuclear power plant accident]H Scherb
GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Neuherberg
Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir 8:106-10. 2004..A spatial-temporal analysis aimed at uncovering a possible association of the CLP occurrence with the Chernobyl fallout on a district level, as well as a synoptic analysis of the GDR and Bavarian data, were carried out...
- Mycorrhizosphere responsiveness to atmospheric ozone and inoculation with Phytophthora citricola in a phytotron experiment with spruce/beech mixed culturesK Pritsch
Chair of Soil Ecology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, 85758 Oberschleissheim, Germany
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 7:718-27. 2005..Additional research is needed using different species and combined stresses to determine the broader ecological relevance of shifts in rhizosphere enzymes...
- Temporal order of nonlinear dynamics in human brainW S Tirsch
GSF Institut für Medizinische Informatik und Institut für Biomathematik, D 85764, Neuherberg, Germany
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 45:79-95. 2004..Various neuronal control mechanisms that may be acting as pacemakers responsible for the temporal order of such transients are discussed. A disturbance of the temporal order may be of pathophysiological significance...
- Genomewide scans of complex human diseases: true linkage is hard to findJ Altmuller
Institute of Epidemiology, GSF corrected National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 69:936-50. 2001..Positional cloning based on whole-genome screens in complex human disease has proved more difficult than originally had been envisioned; detection of linkage and positional cloning of specific disease-susceptibility loci remains elusive...
- Pentachlorophenol in indoor environments. Does a single measurement of air and dust concentrations represent the contamination?J Schnelle-Kreis
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Ecological Chemistry, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85758 Neuherberg, Germany
J Environ Monit 1:353-6. 1999..The observed relative standard deviation of the PCP concentrations in air and dust does not depend on the average PCP concentration detected in the individual rooms...
- Inverse covariation of spectral density and correlation dimension in cyclic EEG dynamics of the human brainW S Tirsch
GSF Institut für Medizinische Informatik und Systemforschung und Institut für Biomathematik, Neuherberg, Germany
Biol Cybern 82:1-14. 2000....
- A cluster of childhood leukaemias near two neighbouring nuclear installations in Northern Germany: prevalence of chromosomal aberrations in peripheral blood lymphocytesI Bruske-Hohlfeld
Institut fur Epidemiologie, GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Oberschleissheim
Int J Radiat Biol 77:111-6. 2001....
- Pentachlorophenol in indoor environments. Correlation of PCP concentrations in air and settled dust from floorsJ Schnelle-Kreis
GSF, National Research Centre for Environment and Health, Institute of Ecological Chemistry, Neuherberg, Germany
Sci Total Environ 256:125-32. 2000..Due to the high dispersion of the data it is not possible to calculate PCP concentrations in air from concentrations in dust although a highly significant correlation of the PCP concentrations in air and dust was found...
- Kinetic analyses of plant water relocation using deuterium as tracer - reduced water flux of Arabidopsis pip2 aquaporin knockout mutantsO Da Ines
Institute of Biochemical Plant Pathology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Neuherberg, Germany
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 12:129-39. 2010....
- Thyroid cancer has increased in the adult populations of countries moderately affected by Chernobyl falloutStefan Mürbeth
Strahlenbiologisches Institut der Universität München, Munich, Germany
Med Sci Monit 10:CR300-6. 2004..Less evidence exists for a corresponding effect in adolescents and adults. The Cancer Registry of the Czech Republic provides an opportunity to study various determinants of the occurrence of thyroid cancer...