Genomes and Genes
Thomas Gp Grunewald
- The LIM and SH3 domain protein family: structural proteins or signal transducers or both?Thomas G P Grunewald
Department of Pediatrics, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Pediatric Oncology Center, Kolner Platz 1, D 80804 Munich, Germany
Mol Cancer 7:31. 2008..The increased expression of LASP-1 in breast tumours correlates with high rates of nodal-metastasis and refers to a possible relevance as a prognostic marker...
- Nuclear localization and cytosolic overexpression of LASP-1 correlates with tumor size and nodal-positivity of human breast carcinomaThomas G P Grunewald
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wuerzburg, Grombuehlstr, 12, D 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
BMC Cancer 7:198. 2007....
- Phosphorylation of mouse LASP-1 on threonine 156 by cAMP- and cGMP-dependent protein kinaseChristian Keicher
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 2, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 324:308-16. 2004..Immunoblotting of LASP-1 in various mouse and human tissues detected a similar prominent expression in non-muscle tissue. Altogether, our data suggest so far no functional differences between human and mouse LASP-1...
- Silencing of LASP-1 influences zyxin localization, inhibits proliferation and reduces migration in breast cancer cellsThomas G P Grunewald
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wurzburg, Grombühlstr 12, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Exp Cell Res 312:974-82. 2006..The data provide evidence for an essential role of LASP-1 in tumor cell growth and migration, possibly by influencing the localization of zyxin...
- Integrin-dependent translocation of LASP-1 to the cytoskeleton of activated platelets correlates with LASP-1 phosphorylation at tyrosine 171 by Src-kinaseJulia Traenka
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wuerzburg, D 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Thromb Haemost 102:520-8. 2009..Concomitant with adhesion, LASP-1 translocated from the cytosol along the arms of the pseudopodia into the leading lamellae of the spreading platelets, indicating a crucial role of the protein in platelet cytoskeleton rearrangement...
- Role of LIM and SH3 protein 1 (LASP1) in the metastatic dissemination of medulloblastomaChristopher Traenka
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Cancer Res 70:8003-14. 2010....
- Quantification of cAMP and cGMP analogs in intact cells: pitfalls in enzyme immunoassays for cyclic nucleotidesKatharina Werner
Institute for Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wuerzburg, Grombuehlstrasse 12, Wuerzburg, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 384:169-76. 2011....
- Regulation of aldosterone production from zona glomerulosa cells by ANG II and cAMP: evidence for PKA-independent activation of CaMK by cAMPStepan Gambaryan
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E423-33. 2006..Our results suggest that ZG cells, in addition to PKA and Epac/Rap proteins, contain other as yet unidentified cAMP mediator(s) involved in regulating CaMK activity and aldosterone secretion...
- Actin binding of human LIM and SH3 protein is regulated by cGMP- and cAMP-dependent protein kinase phosphorylation on serine 146Elke Butt
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:15601-7. 2003..Taken together, these data suggest that phosphorylation of LASP by cGK and cAK may be involved in cytoskeletal organization and cell motility...
- Dynamic interaction between Src and C-terminal Src kinase in integrin alphaIIbbeta3-mediated signaling to the cytoskeletonMartin Vielreicher
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wurzburg, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:33623-31. 2007..The novel experimental FRET approach reported here for the inactivation of Src can be readily applied to other integrin and signaling pathways, including closely related Src family kinase members...
- Potent inhibition of human platelets by cGMP analogs independent of cGMP-dependent protein kinaseStepan Gambaryan
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Blood 103:2593-600. 2004..One explanation for these discrepancies is the novel finding that extracellular cGMP analogs potently and rapidly inhibit thrombin-, thromboxane-, and VWF-induced human platelet signaling and activation by a cGK-independent mechanism...
- The 97-kDa (LABD97) and 120-kDa (LAD-1) fragments of bullous pemphigoid antigen 180/type XVII collagen have different N-terminiYoshiaki Hirako
J Invest Dermatol 121:1554-6. 2003
- Elimination of protein kinase MK5/PRAK activity by targeted homologous recombinationYu Shi
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical School Hannover, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 23:7732-41. 2003..We conclude that the differences between the phenotypes of MK5- and MK2-deficient mice result from clearly different functional properties of both enzymes...
- cGMP-dependent protein kinase type II regulates basal level of aldosterone production by zona glomerulosa cells without increasing expression of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein geneStepan Gambaryan
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry Medical University Clinic Wuerzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:29640-8. 2003..The results presented indicate that PKG II activity in ZG cells is important for maintaining basal aldosterone production...