- Biochemical characterization of three putative ATPases from a new type IV secretion system of Aeromonas veronii plasmid pAC3249AAshraf Y Rangrez
Molecular Biology Unit, National Centre for Cell Science, Pune 411007, India
BMC Biochem 11:10. 2010..TFSSs encode two or three ATPases generating energy for the secretion process. These enzymes exhibit highest sequence conservation among type four secretion components...
- Conjugative plasmid transfer in gram-positive bacteriaElisabeth Grohmann
Microbial Ecology Group, University of Technology Berlin, D 10587 Berlin, Germany
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 67:277-301, table of contents. 2003....
- Autonomous plasmid-like replication of Bacillus ICEBs1: a general feature of integrative conjugative elements?Elisabeth Grohmann
Department of Environmental Microbiology Genetics, Technical University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Mol Microbiol 75:261-3. 2010....
- A type IV-secretion-like system is required for conjugative DNA transport of broad-host-range plasmid pIP501 in gram-positive bacteriaMohammad Y Abajy
Department of Environmental Microbiology Genetics, FR1 2, Franklinstrasse 28 29, University of Technology Berlin, D 10587 Berlin, Germany
J Bacteriol 189:2487-96. 2007....
- Detection of conjugative plasmids and antibiotic resistance genes in anthropogenic soils from Germany and IndiaAbdul Malik
Technische Universitat Berlin, FG Umweltmikrobiologie Genetik, Franklinstrasse 28 29, Berlin, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 279:207-16. 2008..Exogenous plasmid isolation revealed conjugative plasmids belonging to the IncPbeta group encoding resistance to ampicillin...
- The TraA relaxase autoregulates the putative type IV secretion-like system encoded by the broad-host-range Streptococcus agalactiae plasmid pIP501Brigitta Kurenbach
Department for Environmental Microbiology, University of Technology Berlin, FR1 2, Franklinstrasse 28 29, D 10587 Berlin, Germany
Microbiology 152:637-45. 2006..Thus, it is concluded that the pIP501 tra operon is negatively autoregulated at the transcriptional level by the conjugative DNA relaxase TraA...
- TraG encoded by the pIP501 type IV secretion system is a two-domain peptidoglycan-degrading enzyme essential for conjugative transferKarsten Arends
Department of Environmental Microbiology Genetics, University of Technology Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Bacteriol 195:4436-44. 2013..Based on our findings, we propose that TraG locally opens the peptidoglycan to facilitate insertion of the Gram-positive bacterial type IV secretion machinery into the cell envelope. ..
- Green fluorescent protein-labeled monitoring tool to quantify conjugative plasmid transfer between Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteriaKarsten Arends
Department of Environmental Microbiology Genetics, University of Technology, Berlin, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:895-9. 2012..Furthermore, retromobilization of the GFP-tagged monitoring tool was shown from E. faecalis OG1X into the clinical isolate E. faecalis T9...
- Quantitative PCR monitoring of antibiotic resistance genes and bacterial pathogens in three European artificial groundwater recharge systemsUta Böckelmann
Department of Environmental Microbiology, Technical University Berlin, Franklinstr 29, D 10587 Berlin, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:154-63. 2009....
- Comparison of antibiotic resistance, biofilm formation and conjugative transfer of Staphylococcus and Enterococcus isolates from International Space Station and Antarctic Research Station ConcordiaKatarzyna Schiwon
Department of Environmental Microbiology Genetics, Technical University, Berlin, Germany
Microb Ecol 65:638-51. 2013..In conclusion, the ISS isolates were shown to encode more resistance genes and possess a higher gene transfer capacity due to the presence of three vir signature genes, virB1, virB4 and virD4 than the Concordia isolates...
- A new enzymatic method for the detachment of particle associated soil bacteriaUta Böckelmann
Department of Microbial Ecology, Technical University, Berlin, Germany
J Microbiol Methods 55:201-11. 2003..Efficiency of the technique was assessed by scanning electron microscopy. These images showed convincingly that the enzymatic treatment followed by sonication efficiently detached the bacteria and left the soil particles almost blank...
- Intergeneric transfer of the Enterococcus faecalis plasmid pIP501 to Escherichia coli and Streptomyces lividans and sequence analysis of its tra regionBrigitta Kurenbach
Department for Microbial Ecology, University of Technology Berlin, D 10587 Berlin, Germany
Plasmid 50:86-93. 2003..We proved for the first time pIP501 replication, expression of its antibiotic resistance genes as well as functionality of the pIP501 tra genes in S. lividans and E. coli...
- TraA and its N-terminal relaxase domain of the Gram-positive plasmid pIP501 show specific oriT binding and behave as dimers in solutionJolanta Kopec
Fachgebiet Umweltmikrobiologie, Institut für Technischen Umweltschutz, Technische Universitat Berlin, Franklinstr 29, FR1 2, 10587 Berlin, Germany
Biochem J 387:401-9. 2005..Upon DNA binding, an enhanced secondary structure content and increased thermal stability were observed for the TraAN246 protein, suggesting an induced-fit mechanism for the formation of the specific relaxase-oriT complex...
- Optimization of PCR-based methods for rapid detection of Campylobacter jejuni, Campylobacter coli and Yersinia enterocolitica serovar 0:3 in wastewater samplesMaria Alexandrino
Department of Microbial Ecology, Technical University Berlin, Faculty III, Franklinstrasse 29, Sekretariat OE5, 10587 Berlin, Germany
Water Res 38:1340-6. 2004..The developed PCR methods enable the detection of C. jejuni/coli, Y. enterocolitica serogroup 0:3 and E. faecalis within 12h. They show specificity, reproducibility and low detection limits for the investigated pathogens...
- The tra region of the conjugative plasmid pIP501 is organized in an operon with the first gene encoding the relaxaseBrigitta Kurenbach
Fachgebiet Okologie der Mikroorganismen, Institut für Technischen Umweltschutz, Technische Universitat Berlin, D 10587 Berlin, Germany
J Bacteriol 184:1801-5. 2002..The activity of the DNA relaxase TraA is strictly dependent on the presence of Mg(2+) or Mn(2+) and is highest at temperatures of between 42 and 45C...